The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

+14
Elaine
Mini Whitey
paranormalmama
Elisabeth
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
Rageane
Alake
tabitha
Concepcion30
SHELITA
TripleTeam
Patricia
Lulu2011
18 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

Post by Rageane Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:44 am

Lulu, you may be on to something...and who's to say that said "Princess" isn't one of her seconds and NOT human?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

Post by Concepcion30 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:47 am

Earning Neha’s trust comes at a price—Jason must tie himself to her bloodline through the Princess Mahiya, a woman with secrets so dangerous, she trusts no one. Least of all an enemy spymaster.

After reading that sentence from the book description I have to wonder, Would a human be part of Neha's bloodline? Seems unlikely. Even if she is adopted, Neha didn't strike me as an archangel who hung around humans much. I could be wrong of course. Raphael was always presented to us as more real and modern since he didn't keep a court. To me, I just feel that her court would be made up of immortals.

Last edited by Concepcion30 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 am

I wonder if the Princess is related to Venom?!?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 am

Concepcion30, thanks for that. Bloodline. . . interesting. Maybe Neha had more than 1 child though I thought it was really difficult for angels to have a baby.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:52 am

Lulu2011 wrote:Concepcion30, thanks for that. Bloodline. . . interesting. Maybe Neha had more than 1 child though I thought it was really difficult for angels to have a baby.

Definition of Bloodline: all the members of a family group over generations, especially regarding characteristics common to that group; pedigree.

I don't think Neha had another daughter, but we're talking, siblings, cousins, uncles. Mahiya could be the daughter of one of those.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:13 am

That makes sense! Thanks. I'm sure it will all be explained in the book. Nalini is great about her world building.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:22 am

Lulu2011 wrote:That makes sense! Thanks. I'm sure it will all be explained in the book. Nalini is great about her world building.

Maybe a niece or a nephew or something like that?
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:55 am

SHELITA wrote:Eris wasn't really a consort,remember. Raphael had said he had been a pet.
Maybe the princess is an adopted child of Neha's

"Consort" is just a term they used. Sure, it implies something that does not involve torture and instead something like love, but whatever. :'D
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:15 am

It just seems that since it is so difficult to have a baby that there can't be too many angels with siblings, which is why it's hard to envision her being a another child of Neha's or a niece even.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 am

Lulu2011 wrote:It just seems that since it is so difficult to have a baby that there can't be too many angels with siblings, which is why it's hard to envision her being a another child of Neha's or a niece even.

True. Hm.. Now I'll spend the next weeks wondering about this. Argh! XD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:19 pm

I kind of wonder if she's really a vampire....
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:25 pm

TracyTheGleek wrote:I kind of wonder if she's really a vampire....

If I were to take a guess, I'd say she's an angel. Vampires and angels can't have children. Now, we know angels have a low replacement rate, and I'm not saying that I think Jason couldn't be happy with a vampire knowing that he would never become a father. Although it wouldn't hurt to have the idea of that happy ending that may one day include a family.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:27 pm

I hope she's an angel too. The vamps are a little scary weird at times, like they're just these ticking time bombs.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:I hope she's an angel too. The vamps are a little scary weird at times, like they're just these ticking time bombs.

Ack! Would you place Dmitri in that category or just maybe the younger ones that seem more susceptible to blood lust? I've written a female vampire in the fan fiction I'm working on that may be the ticking time bomb as you mentioned but in a different fashion.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:33 pm

I rather her BE an angel (for the reasons you've said), but I was thrown off by how she can be her "daughter." And yeah, I know what you mean. I wish Dmitri and Honor could have kids too, but they can't.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Concepcion30 wrote:
Lulu2011 wrote:I hope she's an angel too. The vamps are a little scary weird at times, like they're just these ticking time bombs.

Ack! Would you place Dmitri in that category or just maybe the younger ones that seem more susceptible to blood lust? I've written a female vampire in the fan fiction I'm working on that may be the ticking time bomb as you mentioned but in a different fashion.

I don't think I would place Dmitri in that category before Honor and definitely not now. Not at all. I think it's just the way Nalini has written the vamps in general in this series, that many of them need the strong hand of the angels to keep them in line or else they'd be consumed by bloodlust. I'm recalling how Honor was kidnapped and brutalized by a bunch of them just because they thought they could get away with it. And considering the kind of punishment that is doled out by the archangels (*shudders*), they did it anyway, which makes the whole race seem a bit crazed.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:38 pm

TracyTheGleek wrote:I rather her BE an angel (for the reasons you've said), but I was thrown off by how she can be her "daughter." And yeah, I know what you mean. I wish Dmitri and Honor could have kids too, but they can't.

I was actually going to mention this in the previous post but decided against possible spoilers just in case not everyone had already read Dmitri's book. Anyways, what I took away from the whole Honor reincarnated bit was that it's possible their children had been reincarnated as well. They may not know who they are, but if I were to wager a guess I'd say that one could be Holly/Sorrow. Both Honor and Dmitri have already taken ownership of her in a protective fashion.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:39 pm

TracyTheGleek wrote:I rather her BE an angel (for the reasons you've said), but I was thrown off by how she can be her "daughter." And yeah, I know what you mean. I wish Dmitri and Honor could have kids too, but they can't.

Me too. It would have been nice to think that they could have again what they lost all those years ago. And, yeah, maybe that'll pop up again down the road, that one of their kids will make his/her way back to them some how.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:32 am

Tracy, OUAT! <3

I thought the same about their children. I really hope we'll get to see them living *now* somewhere. But if it was Sorrow.. Nah, I mean, it would be cool, because holy cow, she's a grown up woman and he being protective-protective of her would be damn cool, for example if one of the Seven fell in love with her or something like that. BUT..

I don't think so. Nalini plans things ahead, and she makes parents be very protective of their children, even subconsciously.. Dmitri felt sympathy because he knew how it sucked to be Made against your will, but still said he would kill her if need be. It's possible that he just didn't fully feel the connection to his daughter/son* and didn't really *want* to believe it.. Much like with Honor, but I just don't see it happening. : /

Would be cool if Ashwini had a more central part in the story arc of the series.

*If there is reincarnation, I think people can be reborn as men even if they were women in their other lives.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:41 pm

The idea that Sorrow might/could be Dmitri/Honor's reincarnated daughter is an interesting one. I don't know if Nalini would do another reincarnation story though I guess it wouldn't really be the big reveal in the central romance, just a nice side story to bring Dmitri and Honor back into it. Make Dmitri father-in-law to Venom. Ha ha!

I sure would also like to see more of Ashwini and Janvier.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:The idea that Sorrow might/could be Dmitri/Honor's reincarnated daughter is an interesting one. I don't know if Nalini would do another reincarnation story though I guess it wouldn't really be the big reveal in the central romance, just a nice side story to bring Dmitri and Honor back into it. Make Dmitri father-in-law to Venom. Ha ha!

I sure would also like to see more of Ashwini and Janvier.

It came from Honor's own lips that she believes their kids were reincarnated, which means it's on Nalini's radar. The following was taken from page 308 in Archangel's Blade.

"I was their father," he said at long last. "Caterina, Misha ... I couldn't protect either of them. I couldn't protect you."

Honor shook her head. "You fought for us. You surrendered your pride, your body, your freedom. But most of all, you loved us until none of us knew what it was to live without being adored." Cupping his face again, she touched her forehead to his. "If I got a second chance, don't you think our babies must have, too?"
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I like it and I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Nalini is really good about following up with hints and such so maybe there is a chance.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Concepcion30 wrote: (...) Honor shook her head. "You fought for us. You surrendered your pride, your body, your freedom. But most of all, you loved us until none of us knew what it was to live without being adored." Cupping his face again, she touched her forehead to his. "If I got a second chance, don't you think our babies must have, too?"

Yeah, but it's been quite a while since they died. Who said they were reincarnated together with Honor? Maybe they were her great-grand-parents, even. We don't know how reincarnation works and which views Nalini has on the topic. Might be that they still have to be reborn, or that the next incarnation would be their 2348th.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Good point. Being reincarnated at the exact same time as Honor would be pretty miraculous.

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 am

Lulu2011 wrote:Good point. Being reincarnated at the exact same time as Honor would be pretty miraculous.

Actually it would be too pat, and unbelievable by far...I pray she doesn't do this and ruin a beautiful thing!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next