The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indigo's Mate

+22
Nicole
beljw
whynot9
Baboo
goodhoney
Louise
Sara H
molliemoo2883
Adnana
HawkeLover31
Less_me
Madhura
Katherine
Lara
hisgirl85
virgo33
Rageane
EriSeg
CiLi
Fuarie
Erika
lili
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Empty Re: Indigo's Mate

Post by Less_me Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 pm

I suggest Indigo pick her mate by herself.But well..if just saying.. if,well,just suggesting.. Indigo,pick Andrew! Smile but the new guy from Branded by fire was also.. well,why not the competition? I really liked the idea that Mercy was the only left unmated sentinel,but not only Riley was interested in her,I can count almost three men Smile

Less_me

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkeLover31 Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 pm

After what Nalini posted in her blog from indigos book I think now I couldn't be more sure that indigo's mate is "drums please" Andrew!!! .. I mean who else could be so sexy Wink ( well except Hawke and of cause his sexier lol and his siennas Wink) But any way I'm so excited for her book to come out already but it.seems so far away.. But I'm sure its worth the wait Smile
HawkeLover31
HawkeLover31

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 pm

I agree. It has to be Drew. OMG, this one's also gonna be hot Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Icon_wink

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkeLover31 Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeah it will be "Happy Dance" Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Icon_lol
HawkeLover31
HawkeLover31

Back to top Go down

Post by Adnana Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 am

The excerpt/ teaser on Ms. Singh's blog tells the following about Indigo's mate:
"...the timber-colored wolf shifting into a human with lake-blue eyes and rain-slick hair."
Which means Indigo's mate cannot be Andrew.

The following is from "Hostage to Pleasure" (chapter 37):
"[Dorian] nodded his thanks to Andrew as the other man made good-bye motions. An instant later, the SnowDancer shifted in a shower of multicolored sparks and then a sleek silver wolf was shooting away in the opposite direction."

Besides, I completely agree with lili:
"My problem with Indigo's mate being Drew is that they've known each other too long for them to not have realized they are mates already. If we base it off of Nate and Tammy's story, as soon as she turned 15 they both knew they were mates."
What's more, as lili also pointed out, Indigo (a lieutenant in SnowDancer's hierarchy) outranks and therefore is theoretically more dominant than Andrew (a soldier, also in SnowDancer's hierarchy). So how could they be compatible (especially from Indigo's point of view)?

In conclusion, if Indigo's mate is a wolf we already know (but not Andrew), and who is (very likely) more dominant than her, I really can't imagine who it could be.

Adnana

Adnana

Back to top Go down

Post by molliemoo2883 Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:50 am

I feel like we know so few SnowDancer lieutenants and soldiers. Am I wrong? I am agreeing with Adnana. Indigo is too dominant for Andrew. I think it's someone we haven't met yet.

molliemoo2883

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:47 am

That is a good point...and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nalini state that SD and DR packs were not the only ones and that she would be showing us more in future?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkeLover31 Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:52 pm

I do get your point but you can't base it off on tammy and nate only, look at Bbf mercy and riley new each other for years before they actually new they were mates. And nalini said that sometimes mates can be around each other for years and not know they're mates till they're ready for each other. Besides honestly who else do we know really well and that is really close to indigo which is what nalini said, that it was a wolf we new really well .I'm not trying to be rude, I do understand your view. And either way who ever it is, I'm sure nalini will make it worth the read. XD
HawkeLover31
HawkeLover31

Back to top Go down

Post by Adnana Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:55 pm

In response to the comment regarding the discrepancy between Andrew as a silver wolf and Indigo's mate as a timber-colored one, Ms. Singh posted the following:
"Also one more thing - you guys are awesome with your research! But this teaser is from a rough working draft and does contain errors which have been fixed in the current draft. Nothing is gospel until the final, final version, so don't read any part of it too deeply yet!"

That she felt it necessary to remark upon the fact that the teaser pertains to a working draft and that details aren't set in stone yet, is, to me, all the confirmation I need as regards the identity of Indigo's mate Sad. Which means, in light of my earlier thoughts, I am now even more intrigued as to how a relationship between a female lieutenant and a male soldier (who have known each other forever) can develop.

~Adnana

Adnana

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkeLover31 Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:17 pm

That is true. We never know what ms. Nalini has in store for us. We just have to wait and see.. Ughh I hate waiting so long. But I'm sure it'll be worth it XD. But I do keep thinking who can that wolf possibly be? " Head spinning" lol. So exited to know already Smile
HawkeLover31
HawkeLover31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara H Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:20 am

Can hardly wait for this book!
Just wanted to add that somewhere (I think on her blog) Ms. Singh posted that Andrew, like Lucas, is a Hunter; so that may mean that although Andrew is no sentinel, he is very dominant.
And who knows, by the start of the book he could have been promoted...

Sara H

Back to top Go down

Post by CiLi Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 am

Hi Guys!!!

Some good news for you: just read the latest comment from Nalini of the excerpt (No.35)

It could be Andrew... Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Icon_jokercolor

and she offers us to confirm who Indigos mate is if we want... Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Icon_cheers (but she recommend us to wait because of the tension...)
CiLi
CiLi

Back to top Go down

Post by molliemoo2883 Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:14 pm

I kind of want to wait and see. By the way I am re-reading Branded by Fire and there is mention of a sentinel from the SilverBlade pack, Hamilton, who expresses interest in Indigo. Too bad we already know it's a wolf. Nalini could have kept us guessing about that for a while. Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Icon_wink

molliemoo2883

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 pm

I was just re-reading CbI and I think maybe Tai could be Indigo's mate.
(Tai was the one that used claws while fighting with Judd).He's around Brenna age because they went to high school together (Nalini said that in CbI she was 21) and I'm not really sure if Indigo's age was ever mentioned but I think she's like Mercy, so almost 30 by BbF.
His description said that he has a "shock of straight black hair, high cheekbones covered by healthy brown skin, slightly slanted blue-green eyes."
So maybe we'll have an older women and younger man story!
The problem is that we don't know him "very well"...so I could be wrong..
I'm so excited for her book!!Can't wait! Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Louise
Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 pm

I don't know....I think Tai is a little young. Brenna mentioned that they went to high school together.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Louise wrote:
So maybe we'll have an older women and younger man story!

This still might be the case. Andrew is roughly 9-10 years younger than Riley and I got the impression that her and Indigo are about the same age.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:25 am

I would love a "Mrs Robinson" story!!
I don't think that she will accept that very easily.....Her mate (whoever he is) is gonna have a hell of a work convincing her!
Louise
Louise

Back to top Go down

Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Empty Indigo's mate

Post by goodhoney Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 am

On the subject of Indigo's mate it could be Andrew because I do not believe they have ever mentioned how old Andrew was or how old Indigo was and I had the impression that both could be between 26-28. So Indigo and Drew could be mates but I actually like the idea of Drew being with a psy because he has still such anger toward their race because of what happened to Brenna. There is another thought of the soldier Elias who was mentioned in cbi they never mentioned his looks but he could be a possibility for Nalini to look at. Tai is much to young barely even a soldier yet because he had his first kill in bbf which seems a little mature for a seasoned lieutenant like Indigo. Mercy even mentioned that dominant changeling women would never really accept someone weaker than they are. This is just my thoughts and I would love to hear the opinions of others, and remember we still have several months to go crazy before we find out.

Misty (goodhoney)

goodhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Baboo Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:41 am

Hmm...I don't know but I think Tai still has a little growing up to do to be anyone's mate and likely more to be Indigo's.

Baboo

Back to top Go down

Post by whynot9 Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Given what everyone else & Nalini have said, I think it's got to be Andrew. He's a lot deeper than he seems. He and others are working (& reporting directly to Hawke) to make sure another problem like Dieter doesn't happen. So even if he's not a Lieutenant yet, he could be one soon. And it was something he said that helped Mercy figure out what to do as far as mating Riley. His playfulness would be a good balance for Indigo's practicality. (And the title is supposed to be Play of Passion...). Then again I could be ALL wrong X) I just can't wait to read it! And grateful Nalini writes as fast as she does--imagine if there were only 1 book a year, no don't!! Too awful!!

whynot9

Back to top Go down

Post by beljw Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Hey...newbie here. I'm intrigued by what possibilities lay ahead for Indigo. There are a lot of compelling arguments for Andrew as a mate. He always came off kinda young to me, compared to her, but, as has been pointed out, there may be much more depth to his character yet. Someone mentioned a Hamilton? I don't recall this character (for shame, I know!!!), and I totally forgot to consider Tai. Hm. Maybe Well, whomever it is, the book is bound to be as blindingly hot as all the others. Smile Honestly, July and Max's book can-NOT come quickly enough! Jeez...

beljw

Back to top Go down

Post by Baboo Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:18 am

Just found this in amazon.com:

"Play of Passion" (Psy/Changeling) release on 2 Nov 2010

So I believe that's the title of Indigo's book Indigo's Mate - Page 2 Icon_razz
Meanwhile we have Ria's novella 03 Aug

Baboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:23 pm

I am definitely leaning toward Andrew! I think he has quiet a lot of strength which is why he just got the new duty by Hawke-which carries such a huge responsibility. I remember Riley saying people open up to him (perhaps think he is a lightweight) but that he was a hunter and extremely loyal.

Nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat May 08, 2010 12:26 pm

I think it would be a bit odd if it were Drew. I think either Hamilton or Barker would be cool but I'd love it to be Walker or Vasic Very Happy Shame Nalini says Indigo's mate is a Changling Sad
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by beljw Sun May 09, 2010 3:33 pm

CiLi wrote:Nalini Singh said in the Q&A session, that Indigos mate is a changeling! Smile

So I think it will be maybe Hamilton (Mercy gave Indigos number to him).

(But we don't know him quite well so maybe Drew???).

I'm a little bit confused:someone we know quite well, a changeling,... Question

I hope it's Hamilton. We don't know much about him (as with many of the other eligible male characters), but if he's looking for a mate anything like Mercy, I think Indigo may make sense. And we haven't learned anything about the pack of cats of which he's a sentinel, the SilverBlades. The question I keep asking myself is, would the evolution of this pairing be too predictable, based on persons having read (and loved) Mercy and Riley's story? But with a bond with this new pack would, I suppose, strengthen the changelings against future threats from malicious human and psy interests. I don't know, but...It's frustratingly intriguing!

Gahhh...hurry up and get here, July...take me out of my misery!

beljw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next