The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-Topic

+16
Rageane
Bella171901
Lulu2011
Elisabeth
Yurice
TheFLuff
KTL
twixter_tea
kitarad
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
TracyTheOncer
tabitha
Serena
Patricia
20 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Off-Topic - Page 10 Empty Re: Off-Topic

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Bella, I just read Deep Kiss of Winter and at the end all the smokin' hot Wroths are sitting around the fire with their beloveds and they do talk about going back for the little girls. I did a search on my kindle and couldn't find the girls names. I don't think they were mentioned in Deep Kiss and I don't remember them from Kaderin and Sebastian's book either, but it's been awhile. That one I don't have on kindle so I can't search.

As far as names go maybe Katariina or Elisabet or Marika? I found those on an Estonian girls baby name list lol!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:18 pm

devilsworld wrote:i have finally logged in after 2 months of trying. Smile There is a reason why you shouldn't have so many different emails, you can never remember which one your account belongs to. Neutral
hah, I know that problem in some way...I have too many passwords to remember, even if I take the same everywhere, sometimes I change it a little and, zack, I can´t remember properly and have to guess... Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:08 am

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 pm

When I saw it appear on my iTunes I was like "WHAT??" then I saw the post and was like: "Aaaah!" but wtf, Nalini has one of the most beautiful voices ever. Plus, her accent! Oh God.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:10 pm

I wish I could hear her accent Sad The one down side of being a New Zealand fan......
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Do you talk like this, too? :O OMG, I'm in love with this accent since I've heard Nalini.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 am

Same accent, yes. Same speech style, nope except for the constant HRT (high-rising terminal) going on which is a characteristic of NZ English. Wink

From wiki: "New Zealanders will often reply to a question with a statement spoken with a rising intonation at the end. This often has the effect of making their statement sound like another question. There is enough awareness of this that it is seen in exaggerated form in comedy parody of New Zealanders. This rising intonation can also be heard at the end of statements, which are not in response to a question but to which the speaker wishes to add emphasis. "
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:57 am

I think people from Niedersachsen in Germany do the same thing. XD

Short question: Any vlogger-recommendations? I'm in the mood for some more vlogs, since I've only subscribed to about 40 channels on Youtube and don't watch all of them regularely. (Like the channel about cupcakes.. If I watched it more than I already do my cupcake cravings would.. Just writing the word makes me hungry. God.)

Also, according to a vlogger, we are not a forum. We don't troll and hate on eachother, and that appears to be the most important thing when it comes to forums. Hrm.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:38 am

Vlogger.... well, there is the Pointlessblog... it's really cool, I especially like the challenges they do in that channel... and there's Marcus ButlerTV... it's also good..... I know more Vlogger's channels but they're in portuguese, so I don't think you would want them Very Happy
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Anyone "attending" the live chat? (Portuguese! WANT TO LEARN THAT LANGUAGE.)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:09 am

In this site, there's a transcript of the chat:

http://www.redhotbooks.com/2012/09/live-chat-with-ilona-andrews-nalini.html

LOL, I can teach you Portuguese if you want Very Happy
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:50 am

OMG, theres some pretty telling answers to question in the chat transcript!

Q. Have any of Enrique's victims except Brenna survived?

NS. I will leave you to wonder.

I wonder if Sahara was one of Enriques victims then? That's assuming its who Kaleb found in ToN,
I kind of had my own theory on this but I don't think it will happen now:(

Q. Will we find out more about Vivek and if he will become a vamp?

NS. Yes we will.

Yay, I hope he doesn't though.

Q. In an ultimate fight between Kaleb and the Ghost, who would win?

NS. I can't answer that! (*laughs*)
Does this mean that they are one and teh same person? Maybe? Or would answering taht question just be giving too much away.

& yay Illium is going to get his own book just not yet Smile

She wont tell us who is in the next psy-changeling book which is out next June-maybe that means it's Kaleb and Sahara's book, that would be amazing, I was hoping it would be Alexei first though.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:13 pm

hmmm, gooood questions, goood answers Very Happy
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:42 am

***Truly Off Topic*** Not sure if we have any gamers here, but Guild Wars 2 is offering a free 3 day weekend that begins today. If anyone is interested, PM me your email and I will send you a free code, I have two to give out. First come first served. =)
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 am

Is this on Steam?
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Can't game anything anymore at all. New PC.. where are you?
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 pm

ah, too late...naja, my brother has an account...so I think I can play there... Rolling Eyes
oh, Pat, christmas isn´t that far away, just tell everybody you need/ want a new PC and either you get the PC or some money Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:12 pm

I actually did that, and am hoping for the best, but I don't think I'll get the money for a PC together, considering how, even though I order all the pieces seperately, I still need to pay about 1000 EUR or more to have a PC that a, does what I want it too, and b, will keep doing that for a while without me needing to upgrade every few months. ._.'

Unfortunately, my birthday is on January 7th, so most people are still way broke from Christmas and can't really give me that much, either. (This is the Entitlement-Generation attitude right here. Haha.)

No, but with all the health-issues going on right now, I don't really expect to get the money together, and neither do I expect anyone to give me endless sums of money. (Especially because I don't have many relatives anyway.)

On that note, any ideas as to what are good presents? I'm soo clueless.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:11 am

Hey, everyone. How did the End of the World go in your part of the world? Here it was disappointing - no pretty lights in the sky, no meteor shower, no nothing. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:08 am

I liveblogged it for the people living in the past, and was following the liveblogs of people in the future (like Australia, New Zealand and the Phillipines.) - Interestingly enough, New Zealand had a livestream.. Wink

No, but I seriously LOVED all the liveblogging, and the songs. If you're on tumblr and haven't seen any of that, you missed out on stuff. ;D
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:31 pm

hah, there were videos? how funny, the only thing I saw was a baby born in Japan (?) on 21. so it survived the End of the world and started a new era or so... Very Happy
but nothing quite interesting in my part of Germany...I still had to go to Uni and nothing fell from the sky and also no lights in the sky...actually there was a lot of fog... hmm, ja, but nothing interesting...did somebodys world actually end? Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:03 pm

hey everyone, I wish you a wonderful and merry christmas time, enjoy the short holiday, have fun with friends and family and presents (hopefully a lot of good books Wink ) Like a Star @ heaven Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:28 am

Jelena wrote:Hey, everyone. How did the End of the World go in your part of the world? Here it was disappointing - no pretty lights in the sky, no meteor shower, no nothing. Sad

Funny thing about this...the Myan's never took into account the leap year, so in actuality the end of the world was actually in Sep!! Laughing
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:24 am

Yeah, heard about that one, too, and laughed a lot. Then again, didn't someone say the people translating all that stuff did it wrong and it't in about 100 years or more? It's really annoying that people assume so many things about the whole end of the world thing. Maybe they meant a slow downfall*. Wink

*Which, admittedly, would be as amazing a prophecy as me telling all of you that one day, you'll die.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:38 am

Patricia wrote:Then again, didn't someone say the people translating all that stuff did it wrong and it't in about 100 years or more?

I had seen that somewhere, that they found the other eight hundred thousand years of the Mayan Calender and we're good to go. I loved the late night comedy sketches about it though and I'm going to paraphrase Leno.

Some people were really into this, they were expecting the world to end on Friday. I mean, how do you cheer those people up? Do you go to them and say, "hey! It's not the end of the world!" Ooh...
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next