The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 22 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 am

Writing style and word choices. The Dragonfury series may be more BDB than the BDB in that regard lol.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 22 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Patricia Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 am

Not sure if that's a good thing, but I'll give them a try. :'D

Reading Ilona Andrews' latest Edge novel. Imo, very good. Like.. very, very good. But I haven't read many OF books lately, so maybe I just wasn't used to that kind of quality/worldbuilding/romance/well-thought-out-characters. Smile
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 am

Okay, anyone here up for sharing their Top Ten Reads in 2012? Cause I'm curious! Smile
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Now re reading the Wheel of Time series, to prepare for the January 2013 release of A Memory of Light, the 14th and final book of the series.

Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Elaine wrote:Now re reading the Wheel of Time series, to prepare for the January 2013 release of A Memory of Light, the 14th and final book of the series.

Who did they get to write it...or did the author pen it from beyond the grave?!?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Rageane wrote:Who did they get to write it...or did the author pen it from beyond the grave?!?

Brandon Sanderson wrote books 12, 13 and 14 based on the outlines and notes left by Robert Jordan. Some of the notes were already full chapters of the unfinished books when Jordan passed away. Jordan's wife edited all the books, just like she did for the previous books.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 am

Patricia wrote:Okay, anyone here up for sharing their Top Ten Reads in 2012? Cause I'm curious! Smile

Top ten...humm, ok here's mine. Some of the books you won't probably know, because they are portuguese.

1- The Umbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (AMAZING BOOK)
2- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Another Amazing book)
3- O Filho do Dragão (The Dragon's son) by Sandra Carvalho (This is a portuguese book, it's a High Fantasy book, similar to Juliet Marillier)
4- Alma Rebelde (Rebel Soul) by Carla M Soares (Another portuguese book, this one is Historical Romance)
5- Touch of Power by Maria v Snyder
6- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (I loved it and I can't wait for the next one. This is a dystopian book)
7- Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh (I adore Nalini Singh, so this one had to be in this top ten)
8 - Angel's Flight by Nalini Singh
9- Iced by Karen Marie Moning (I thought I wouldn't enjoy this book but it was a great read and I can't wait for the next one.)
10- Phantom Shadows by Dianne Duvall

There are so many more, but these are my favorites. Smile
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Happy New Year everyone!

Let's see Top 10 Reads of 2012. I'll think on it but I'd say:
1. Lothaire
2. Kiss of Steel (1st novel in Bec McMaster's steampunk series)
3. Oracle's Moon and Lord's Fall (both from Thea Harrison's Elder Races series.)
4. Archangel's Storm
5. Tangle of Need
6. Angel's Flight
7. Immortal Warrior (this is an older series that I started in 2012)
8. Golden Dynasty and Wildest Dreams (from Kristen Ashley's Fantasyland series)
9. Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound series)
10. Master of Crows (I think this came out in 2011 but I read it early 2012)

I'm probably forgetting lots of books but this is off the top of my head.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 am

I don't have Top 10. Hell, I don't think I even have Top 3!

P.S. Been waiting for Wheel of Time ending for ages. And all the delays... Finally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Guess what... I've gotta present a book *fangirl dance* in english lessons. Which one will it be?
1. Kiss of Snow
2. Tangle of Need
3. Kresley Coles newest Immortals after dark book
4. Play of Passion
Any suggestions??
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:04 pm

KoS or ToN...at least these would be the books I would present Wink
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:10 am

Argh, I didn't get any notifications for this (or any of the topics here) D: How did the presentation go? Also, I'll have to check out the titles of those Top Ten Lists soon. Reading slump is such a stupid word for what I'm stuck in. It's been months and I can't seem to find the will to actually read "new" books. D:

Also, got a new PC! I'm so thrilled, but also slightly.. uuh.. well, it's a lot to take in, because suddenly everything works and is fast and whatnot. I'll probably buy Skyrim soon (maybe today or tomorrow?) but wanted to ask: Any good games you'd recommend? Smile

And how has the first month of 2013 been??
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:23 am

@ Pat

Shame on your new PC working right. Those bloody manufacturers... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:16 pm

ooh, new PC, thats good, I always love getting a new PC, my father and brother are always so excited about what ever the PC is able to do and I´m always like: I don´t care as long as I can play my games, go to the Internet and can do some Uni stuff Wink
ja, well, but,. gratulation for having a new PC and playing Skyrim, have fun Very Happy
and I would recommend Diablo3, I love this game, I also loved 1+2, so, no big surprise Wink
and first month of the year was good, how was your´s? you had birthday some time after new year, or? how did that go? enjoyed it?
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:53 pm

does somebody read Lara Adrian and did somebody read her last one, Mira´s book?
I just finished it today, after 2 Days of reading and loved it, I think she´s my new favorite Heroine in that Series now Smile
it was sooo touching I love you
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:00 am

The Spin-off series? Haven't read it yet, but I'll probably do. The Breed novels disappointed me more and more in the end, so I'm not sure yet.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Patricia wrote:Argh, I didn't get any notifications for this (or any of the topics here) D: How did the presentation go? Also, I'll have to check out the titles of those Top Ten Lists soon. Reading slump is such a stupid word for what I'm stuck in. It's been months and I can't seem to find the will to actually read "new" books. D:

Also, got a new PC! I'm so thrilled, but also slightly.. uuh.. well, it's a lot to take in, because suddenly everything works and is fast and whatnot. I'll probably buy Skyrim soon (maybe today or tomorrow?) but wanted to ask: Any good games you'd recommend? Smile

And how has the first month of 2013 been??

It went great. I mean I'm doing the IB-diploma and that is pretty much the elite so the stakes are sort of very very high. I thought it went well and my classmates thought so as well (I'm always playing the humor-card so everyones always anticipating for what I've got up my sleeve) BUT my sort of (insert annoying beep sound) teacher thought it wasn't that great after all. Still, she kind of critizeses us (her students) for things she can't get right either ... soo now we (3 classes!) are sort of complaining about her.

I totally get that slump feeling! Neither do I! I'm way to depressed because of that "weather" we've got up here!
I can always recommed good ol' Sims2!!! Sims3 kind of sucks.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Awww come on... The Sims 3 doesn't suck, lol. It just depends on what you want out of a game.

*Is massive Sims player.... for 15 years O_O*

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:18 pm

I adore Sims2 but Sims3 was sort of just a ripoff. The Sims3 sims look way less real than the sims2 sims and the stuff they added is really not enough for me to buy all those expansions packs!
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Lol, we'll have to disagree then. I think Sims 3 is worth it for the more flexible grid layout alone. And with modding, the skins/eye textures are more realistic as are the genetics.

And yeah, EA/Maxis has always tried to gouge money out of players with hyped expansions -_- And the patching on Sims 3 has been downright ridiculous without core mods to fix things. User-friendly EA is not.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 am

Next week I'm going off to Germany, that means PowerBookShopping (PBS). I need lots of great books. Any suggestions?
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Marissa Meyer's Cinder and Scarlet? Decent YA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm

hmm, Dangerous Games, Hidden Agendas and Killer Secrets, a Triology from Lora Leigh or Sugar Daddy, Blue Eyed Devil and Smooth talking stranger from Lisa Kleypas or Kiss of Steel  and Heart of Iron from Bec McMaster or Jill Shalvis with Simply Irresistible, The sweetest thing, Heads over HEals, Lucky in Love, At last and Forever and a day....or can you read in German? there´s one German author I just found out about and found interesting to read Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Yeah sure, I can read German. Just give it to me!!! I'm on book-rehab ... it's cruel
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:19 am

ookay, soo his name is Markus Heitz and the book I read was Judastöchter...There are also soome other books from him, something about dwarfs...best you just google him or search him on Amazon Wink
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next