The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangels Blade Discussion Thread

+7
ellieb09
Rageane
SHELITA
Sycorax
devilsworld
Patricia
tabitha
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Archangels Blade Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Archangels Blade Discussion Thread

Post by Rageane Thu May 03, 2012 10:17 am

Now that the topic is opened up, I have a question to pose...IF you are a believer in reincarnation, who's to say that the spouse you are with isn't a reincarnated spouse you had from another life yourself? How can we determine that real life doesn't in some way mimic fiction? I myself have a "Soulmate" in my husband, but is it the experiences from my past lives or the experiences from this life that led me to him? I feel that whether you believe or not, there is a possibility that souls do in fact get a second or even a third chance at life, and the experiences and choices made during that current life shape the form of the person that represents that soul.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Archangels Blade Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Archangels Blade Discussion Thread

Post by Patricia Thu May 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Rageane wrote:Now that the topic is opened up, I have a question to pose...IF you are a believer in reincarnation, who's to say that the spouse you are with isn't a reincarnated spouse you had from another life yourself? How can we determine that real life doesn't in some way mimic fiction? I myself have a "Soulmate" in my husband, but is it the experiences from my past lives or the experiences from this life that led me to him? I feel that whether you believe or not, there is a possibility that souls do in fact get a second or even a third chance at life, and the experiences and choices made during that current life shape the form of the person that represents that soul.

Regeane, when the discussion here started, I planned to write something, too, that was very similiar to what you wrote. Who knows if Ingrede and Dmitri aren't incernations of other people, too. Plus.. Ingrede is as much Honor as Honor as Ingrede. And the Dmitri now is as much the Dmitri from back then as the old Dmitri is the new one.

When you believe in what most buddhist scholars say it is definitely possible, though in their opinion it apparently is unlikely to be in a romantic relationship with someone AGAIN except if there is a conflict that needs solving.

If you are with a person and he suddenly dies with some words on his lips and you always think it is your fault, he might become your daughter or mother in your next life. Either so you can protect him or so you will be the child and the whole situation is reversed. It depends on what the actual conflict was.

If you were with someone in your last life and you were unfaithful all the time, you might fall in love with the same person again, just to make up for all the shit you put them through.

But according to what I have read it is very much likely that you will not be a woman again but a man, that you will fall in love with who was your brother five lifetimes ago when you were a guy yourself and constantly tried to be better than him in everything or whatever.

Most religions that believe in reincarnation also believe in evolution. Your soul evolves from incarnation to incarnation. Sometimes it moves backwards, but the goal is to become a pure person. Someone who thinks about other people first. About the whole world in general first. Becoming almost immortal is considered a "punishment" in most buddhist books I have read so far, because it is harder to actually make any spiritual process: You are more arrogant, stronger. There is no need for you to change, no need for you to think too much about how you could help the whole world. You are too busy keeping your position of power, fighting with other immortals, being greedy, indulging in whatever it is your existence offers you. There is a lack of self-reflection, according to them, that is considered a (karmic) punishment because it will leave you in a very undymanic situation, hindering you from ever getting to be Buddha.

So if you consider that there is no (obvious) need for Ingrede and Dmitri to be together as lovers again.

But if you keep our human nature, our want to have someone just for ourselves, to feel a connection, to be unique because of the people we have in our lives, then yes. Ingrede and Dmitri never got their chance to be together, so it makes sense. She's reincarnated, she finally gets to be with him. They get their life together. Dmitri couldn't save her back then, but he was able to make her Immortal. He had to sell himself, now he is one of the most lethal guys in the world. He couldn't protect his family, this time they won't be able to get any children. It doesn't put them in the situation again. They have their chance to be happy, together. And I'm quite certain that if you look at the bigger picture they do make the world a better place, whereas if they hadn't met again, she woulda just died and he would have become colder and colder.

Ooops. Off topic. XD
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2