The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nalini's Tangle of Need Interviews

+2
Yurice
Lulu2011
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nalini's Tangle of Need Interviews  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nalini's Tangle of Need Interviews

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 pm

I understand the points you make.

When Tangle starts, only 6 months have passed since he met Lisette so he is really conflicted when he is attracted to Adria and feeling guilty so I forgave him for his initial behavior. Mostly because he did court Adria so sweetly and he was so unwavering at the end. Though, still, I felt Adria was cheated by not getting the mating bond and not being his one and only.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Nalini's Tangle of Need Interviews  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nalini's Tangle of Need Interviews

Post by Yurice Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:41 pm

He is indeed twisted up in guilt and attraction, but had he waited a bit more, when he has come to better terms with himself, I may not see his actions as merely using Adria.
For a while, I warming up to him, he can be charming, and I like how close he is to his family, then he took that emotional kick to the chest when he saw Lisette again and I...just wanted to scream at him to just go grab her and set Adria free so she could find a man who is 100% hers. /frustration.
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 pm

It was a shock to him to see Lisette but it's not as if he rejected Adria at that point. It gave him the opportunity to see Lisette, test his reaction to her and analyze his feelings on a really deep level and he still only wanted Adria.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 pm

He said it was the shock of seeing her again, to Adria, but we read that his wolf was wounded again, that that wound tore open again. I see him as Hawke once had been, who was afraid to risk getting hurt again. Riaz may very well have chosen Adria because she is safe, doesn't wound him, doesn't make him vulnerable as Lisette does.

And I don't believe that the tug will disappear anytime soon. Despite their 'mutual rejection' of the bond, Lisette was subconsciously following the compulsion to be closer to Riaz by wanting to move to San Francisco. I fee so bad for Adria! Sad
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 pm

Well, don't forget, Lisette was appointed by Bowen as the liason. She didn't ask to be sent to SF but took it when it looked like her marriage was over. She hadn't seen Riaz in over 6 months and hadn't contacted him. Also, Nalini said at the Love Letter convention that Lisette is moving back to Europe. New liason will be appointed.

I'm trying to look at everything in as positive a light as possible!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:52 am

Another interview posted today at "Literary Escapism":

http://www.literaryescapism.com/29026/interview-nalini-singh
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 am

One of the interesting things she said was in relation to past characters:

NS: Sometimes on the website I do little vignettes that show slices of their lives.

LE: I’ve read all of those and I love them! Are you going to publish any more?

NS: I actually have several more of these little vignettes. I’ve been trying to do one for each couple. It’s just a matter of finding time to edit the rough drafts, so I can put them up.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 am

LE: Speaking of the side characters, will the kids grow up and get their own story? Would they be in a different arc you could go back to later?

NS: I don’t like doing big time jumps and that would include a couple of really big ones to get them to adult ages. I don’t think I’d like to do that because the whole world would have changed and developed – the politics, the lives of the characters. I guess it all depends on how long the series continues.

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 am

About Kit:

NS: I want to see the flow of development of everything that’s going on; the detail, it’s so interesting. For example, Kit. He’s 19, 20-ish. He has real possibilities. I don’t want to skip time and see him as an alpha – I want to see how he gets there, and I think that’ll be interesting for readers, too.

LE: There’s also the question where he could be another alpha like Lucas and there might be some head-butting at some point. Will that ever come up or is that still going to be the adolescent trouble making child?

NS: He’s moved past that at this point – he is a novice soldier with responsibilities and the trust of the older members of the pack. He’s a lot more stable now than he was before – also, I can’t see him trying to challenge Lucas because he respects Lucas too much.

LE: But could he go out into the world?

NS: The fact is he could choose to stay, but it’s rare that that would happen. I think it’s more likely he’ll form his own pack one of these days. But he would remain deeply connected to DarkRiver because he wouldn’t have been forced to leave – in spite of the fact he is a “baby alpha”, there is a great deal of trust there. No one expects him to destabilize the pack by challenging Lucas, and they all know Lucas is in his prime as an alpha. So if Kit leaves, it would be a choice, and because it would be his choice, they’d remain family.

LE: Free will.

NS: Yes. At the same time, as I said, he’d retain those bonds of family with DarkRiver, even to the extent of asking Lucas’s advice.

LE: A very tight alliance.

NS: Yes, there would be a natural, tight alliance there, the trust between Lucas and Kit is so deep.

LE: Are you going to have an offshoot series of Kit and his pack?

NS: That could happen, for sure. That’s a possibility and there’s another pack mentioned earlier (in Blaze of Memory) that I’m interested in exploring further – Remi’s pack. They’re a new pack and unusual in the way they started out because Remi basically brought together a whole bunch of loners.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisey Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks for the information Lulu. Nice interview lots of interesting titbit.
Glad Kit's gonna have his own pack. I've never imagine he will challenge Lucas. It's would be a betrayal to the pack. I always imagine eventually, which is way loooooong into the future when Lucas is 100+ years old Kit might take over but having his own pack is way better!
Maisey
Maisey

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Thanks for the link Lulu!

I'm not ready to leave SD yet. I don't know if I ever will! Wahhh!

Kit will be a good alpha, but I will never be able to see him the way I do Hawke or Lucas.

Why is there no baby wolf alpha? Ben?
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Yurice, maybe it'll be one of Riley and Mercy's babies as the baby wolf alpha.

I also like that Nalini said she'd write about the Psy-Changeling world until she's 88 lol!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2