The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 Empty Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by tabitha Tue May 31, 2011 10:22 am

From Nalini's Newsletter:

Exclusive Extra: The Next Psy/Changeling Stories
I'm happy to announce that the next Psy/Changeling book will be coming out June 2012 (tentative date).

The book will feature SnowDancer Lieutenant, Riaz, and a fellow SnowDancer you met in Play of Passion. Her name? Adria. Yes, there will be fireworks!

I have a feeling the Arrow, Aden, will play a strong role in this story, as will Councilor Kaleb Krychek. More info to come as I get further into the book.

A chapter-length excerpt will be available in back of Archangel's Blade (September). We'll put it up on the website then, too.

I'm also contracted to write two more Psy/Changeling novellas. I'll likely be working on these next year, so they'll come out the year after. I'll talk a bit more about them once I begin writing the novellas.

Isn't Adria Indigo's Aunt who is unhappily married to a less dominant man (Martin)? & I thought Riaz found his mate whilst he was travelling in Europe but she was married so he left...
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Scotch Tue May 31, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm not excited about Adria at all! I thought she was such a weak/lame character in PoP: a so called dominant character (as Indigo repeated stated) who apparently put up with emotional abuse for what, 10+ years, with her lover/mate? (Wasn't Adria mated? Got to go reread PoP.) I recall thinking she sounded like a "submissive" instead to just live with the crap her partner dished out for so long.

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Lisa Jo Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:39 am

I don't think she was mated - they were just long term lovers.
Spoiler:
Soooo, I guess we'll see!

Last edited by Lisa Jo on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add spoiler)

Lisa Jo

Back to top Go down

Post by losellers Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:04 am

We were talking about this on goodreads as well. Yes, Adria is Indigo's Aunt (though only 4 years older or so), and she's been "off aond on" for 10 years with a jerk named Martin. Since Riaz met his mate and she was married, he didn't claim this mate since he said she was happy. Of course....it could have been Adira that he met, and she may have been somewhat happy with Martin at the time, but I don't remember it saying they were married (yeah...I'll have to re-read that as well). But still...there is the possiblilty that Riaz saw Adria as his potential mate. I really don't think he'd have mentioned it to Indigo or anyone since the mating didn't happen, so why make anyone uncomfortable by naming this person?

I do wonder why Adria never showed up in KoS. Unless I missed it somewhere. A lot of SnowDancers came back in for the battle scenes, but I don't remember her being mentioned at all.

losellers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 pm

I thought Adria was mated to Martin (at least that is what Indigo said in Play of Passion. no? Neutral

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:06 am

Maybe they aren't mated but let everyone believe that..
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:35 am

I don't think they're mated -

PoP pg.266
“Evie isn’t back yet, but my aunt, Adria, and her lover, Martin, will also be there. They’re flying in from near the Oregon border.”

Ebooks are awesome. I love being able to search for individual words! Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:16 am

Hmm, I don´t think that there´s any possibility for Adria and Martin to be mated, ´cause they´re not - or especially Martin is not - accepting eachothers peronality/ character/ dominance...
I´m not sure if I`m really looking forward for this book. I´m interested in Riaz and his found-my-mate-but-she´s-already-taken story, but Adria is noone I was interested in at all...
Also I´m missing the cats and I would have loved to be introduced to some new character or pack

Still I´m like: Oh boy, is it already spring 2012??
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:11 am

Sarah18 wrote:
Also I´m missing the cats and I would have loved to be introduced to some new character or pack

Still I´m like: Oh boy, is it already spring 2012??

Lol. I think I feel the same as you, cept about the cats. I'm glad we're staying with the wolves a while longer. I love their dynamics. the cats are just meh to me. I like some of them, but on the whole -i'd hang with the wolves. Laughing Laughing

(plus, we've seen a lot more of the cats, right?)

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by losellers Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:02 am

DarkRiver:
Slave to Sensation (Lucas & Sascha, Psy)
Visions of Heat (Vaughn & Faith, Psy)
Mine to Possess (Clay & Tally, Forgotten)
Hostage to Pleasure (Dorian & Ashaya, Psy)
Branded by Fire (Mercy & Riley, SD)

SnowDancer:
Carressed by Ice (Brenna & Judd)
Branded by Fire (Riley & Mercy, SD)
Play of Passion (Indigo & Drew)
Kiss of Snow (Hawke & Sienna)

Other:
Blaze of Memory (Dev, a Forgotten, and Katya, Psy)
Bonds of Justice (Max, human, and Sophia, Psy)

So, actually, we've seen a lot more Psy than anyone else (Sascha, Faith, Ashaya, Katya and Sophia....not counting Judd and Sienna, which I suppose I should, but since at the beginning of the books they're technically in the SnowDancer pack, I wasn't sure if I should include them or not).

Once Riaz & Adria's book comes out, the total number of books will be even between DR & SD, but more wolves will be main characters.

losellers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 am

Oh. Oh well. I haven't read all the books.

I guess it would be nice to go back to DR - More on lucas and sascha and Naya. And Kit!!!

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsworld Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Nalini just confirmed that Martin is AAdria's lover, shes not mated.
devilsworld
devilsworld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:33 pm

If you count the novellas (there have been 3 of them) I think the balance of stories tips back to the cats. The three novellas:

Beat of Temptation (Nate & Tammy)
Whisper of Sin (Emmet & Ria)
Stroke of Enticement (Zach & Annie)

I think I got those right. The novellas are why it's always felt to me that we've spent more time with the cats than the wolves, also Luc and Sascha's continuing story through pretty much all the books has added to that feeling.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Love the idea of Riaz' book but I don't know if I'm very enthused about Adria. She was only in one scene though but she did come accross as pretty angry and sad and kind of bitter. I generally really like Nalini's h's though so I'm willing to give it a try.

My main hope for the story is that we stay in SnowDancer territory and get to see the continuing stories of Hawke/Sienna and Walker/Lara and Judd/Brenna.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 pm

*cough* and less SaschaxLucas *wince*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:09 am

Patricia wrote:*cough* and less SaschaxLucas *wince*

you always confuse me Smile lol.

@Lulu - me too. i love the SD dynamics, much more so than the cats, and i hope we get to see more of Hawke and Sienna and how they're doing.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:59 am

OMG, I got a adrenalin Shot when I read Adria & Riaz. Together? OMG, I don't think I was that freaky even when I heard KoS was announced. And I didn't even read it yet. Two months to go to months to go ... buuhuuu
OMG, Maybe I should run to the next library and back home.
I don't know but Aunt Adria makes her so old. I mean, I always thought Indigo was old, and yes I know, she's not THAT old, but she always acts like that and then imagine her AUNT! Omg, If I hear that Aunt Adria & Riaz ... I'm thinking of an old Lady in her sixties.
I don't even like Adria. Can't even explain why. I love Riaz, but I hate her.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:12 am

Bella171901 wrote:OMG, I got a adrenalin Shot when I read Adria & Riaz. Together? OMG, I don't think I was that freaky even when I heard KoS was announced. And I didn't even read it yet. Two months to go to months to go ... buuhuuu
OMG, Maybe I should run to the next library and back home.
I don't know but Aunt Adria makes her so old. I mean, I always thought Indigo was old, and yes I know, she's not THAT old, but she always acts like that and then imagine her AUNT! Omg, If I hear that Aunt Adria & Riaz ... I'm thinking of an old Lady in her sixties.
I don't even like Adria. Can't even explain why. I love Riaz, but I hate her.

Lol, that was my first thought, too. "Adria?? That´s Indigos AUNT, right?? OMG she´s OLD!!!"
She´s like 34 or so, am I right? Just remember that she´s 4 years older than Indigo and Indigo is 30 years old...

Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:13 am

Patricia wrote:*cough* and less SaschaxLucas *wince*

I absolutely adore you, you know that??
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:30 am

If you've ever been in love with someone but unable to make the relationship work I think you'd be more sympathic towards Adria as she was just trying to stop Indigo making the same mistake in the scene where we met her in PoP.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:41 am

Of course I know that, it's part of my charme! ;D And it's a mutual feeling, so I think it's okay. We can keep adoring each other.

Aah, Lady Jaye, I didn't mean to. It's just that I don't like them. Well, I don't dislike Sascha and Lucas, but I'd hope for more Brenna and Judd, Walker and Lara, Sienna and Hawke (not because I like them as a couple, but because there a lots of things that have to be told - Like her being a soldier AND his mate et cetera). Lucas and Sascha are.. mhe. Idk, I got some nicknames for the couples.

Sascha and Lucas are the nymphos, Vaughn and Faith the creeps, Tally and Clay are emo, Dorian and Shaya just weird, and so on. I'd rather read some emo-stuff.

Wednesday, 4 p.m.

Dear diary.
Today Clay told me I'm a brat. I was very hurt by that statement, considering I'm a grown woman. He has to treat me like one or I'm not going to talk to him anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After taking a shower I talked to one of his stupid Changeling friends, the blond one with the weird mate. They're always kissing each other and don't even care about how I must feel then. I mean, they should make me feel wanted, but no, they have to kiss each other, just because they just mated, will get a baby, have survived a psycho-attack, did save the world from global warming and killer-rabbits. Ego-Suckheads.
Okay, I have to get out of bed now, because stupid Jon's calling for help. Such a fucker, no one ever thinks about me, but I always have to care for everyone. Life's so unfair.
See you in hell,
Tally.

But no. We get all "Oh, life's so wonderful and I'm an E-Psy, and pregnant (not anymore) and oh, why don't I have sex with my mate a bit and then some? Maybe I should give my child away to have more time to have sex with my mate.. Yes, that's a good idea. Hmm.. who'd want a child? I'm such a nice person, always thinking about what others need - for example my child."

Mheeeeee.

And huh, she's not that much older and I don't think the story'd be soo weird or anything. I just wish there was NEW stuff. Not as in change of location or new characters but as in: THE FORGOTTEN! THE ARROWS!! KALEB!!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:49 am

LOL Patricia! Too funny!

I love Luc and Sascha but I think their story arc was wrapped up pretty nicely in KoS. I'm guessing that Nalini will be writing more about the wolves, the Arrows and Kaleb in the next 4 books and 2 novellas that are coming out.

I'm going to say right now that I think (I hope I hope) she'll probably end up following Hawke and Sienna's relationship sort of in the same way that she followed Luc and Sascha for these past few books so that we do get to see how they handle things like her being a lower ranking soldier and him being alpha and how they are an alpha couple together.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:58 am

Ha, but there's Baby (I will keep calling her that, yes, I will!) and she has a connection to the Forgotten. I think they'll keep their part in the upcoming novels and novellas. :/
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:10 am

They will Nalini confirmed that in yesterdays live chat
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:20 am

Well, lol. I like Luc and Sasha too, but I was never truly invested in them. Their story was always meh to me. (in fact, StS was ho-hum to me). I always loved the others, like Indy and Drew, and of course, my baby.

although, I would love to see Hawke's relationship with Naya, lol.

Plus Pat is right, their relationship is a mix of "perfect" and Nympho. not much if you ask me.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next