The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book 14

+10
syaffolee
Lil.destiny
Ayaba
Elaine
SippyCupStephens
CassB
degdelta
Elisabeth
Jane
tabitha
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Book 14  Empty Book 14

Post by tabitha Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Nalini revealed in her Facebook q&a last week that book 14 in the pay-changeling series will be Aden's !!!!!

So excited for this book Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Book 14  Empty Re: Book 14

Post by Jane Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:41 am

tabitha wrote:Nalini revealed in her Facebook q&a last week that book 14 in the pay-changeling series will be Aden's !!!!!

So excited for this book Smile
And Alice won't be the heroine... In the q&a Nalini said that Alice wouldn't be a main character, at least not this soon, so IF she is it will be in the next arc.
Nalini also said that she is thinking about doing books for Alexi and Matthias, but it will be in the next arc....

Do you see how long we will have to wait for some of our favorite couples/person? I want Alexi's book but she'll probably take years to write it. Riordan and Noelle... Ben and Marlee... oh God, we have a long way in front of us....No 
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:44 am

ja, well, a very long time to wait, buuuut, propably, hopefully, a lot of good books for a very long time Very Happy
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Sun May 04, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm thinking Lucy might be Aden's heroine.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Sun May 04, 2014 9:22 pm

I am a bit bummed about Alice, I had hopes for a really interesting story for her and Aden. But at least I know to stop hoping. I am not sure Aden's heroine will be a changeling. While that would be great, most of the changelings (at least the ones most frequently seen in the books) are pack creatures. I think it would be difficult for Aden to remain the leader of the Arrows and mate with a pack changeling. Although it could be a neat story. I wonder how much of Aden's story will be set-up in Vasic's book, I am sure we will all be looking for clues.  Very Happy
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by SippyCupStephens Mon May 12, 2014 12:52 am

I think his heroine will be one of the Forgotten. I think they will play a larger role in helping the Psy figure out how to live with emotions and abilities. They have been doing it for 100yrs, even while hunted.

SippyCupStephens

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 am

I'm looking forward to meeting more and more people from Nalini's Psy Changeling world. I hope Aden's heroine will broaden that world further.  Wink 
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayaba Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 pm

I also think the heroine will be a Forgotten but would have love to see Aden with Rina

Ayaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil.destiny Wed May 14, 2014 12:54 am

Yes I would LOVE to see Aden and Rina together, they would be too hot togther.

Lil.destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Nalini posted in her blog that she's going home to work on "Psy/Changeling #14".

Wonder what the title will be...
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by syaffolee Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 am

I found a pretty lengthy speculations post on Aden here.

Some initial thoughts:
* Those notes say that we haven't met anyone else with a talent for illusions, but that's not true. Faith Nightstar can make illusions.
* Aden has the skill to remove the complicated mental conditioning in other Arrows (as Vasic noted in Shield of Winter).
* I suspect it's extremely significant that Aden is both M and Tp. He may be 9.9 on both talents (hence his lack of Cardinal eyes), but with an amplification effect, it would catapult him past an ordinary Cardinal in power--hence the fact that he kept up with Kaleb when fixing the Net. And speaking of fixing the Net, I think his specialty may be healing psychic injuries on a massive scale (as hinted in the scene with Kaleb at Sunshine Station) as opposed to healing physical injuries like other M-psy. In that case, he may be the ideal Psy to attempt to "heal" the split between the NetMind and DarkMind.

Or, you know, I could be totally wrong. I'd probably go through the entire series again to see if there were any other details, but that's no hardship. Very Happy

syaffolee

http://www.gamalei.net/syaffolee/

Back to top Go down

Book 14  Empty Shards of Hope

Post by Elaine Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:35 am

Nalini has announced the title of Aden's book:

SHARDS OF HOPE
...is the title of the next Psy-Changeling book, out 2015. Here's the blurb. :-)

The “smoldering heat, epic romance, and awesome action”* of Nalini Singh’s New York Times bestselling series continues as two Arrows find themselves caught in a chilling conspiracy that spans all three races…

Awakening wounded in a darkened cell, their psychic abilities blocked, Aden and Zaira know they must escape. But when the lethal soldiers break free from their mysterious prison, they find themselves in a harsh, inhospitable landscape far from civilization. Their only hope for survival is to make it to the hidden home of a predatory changeling pack that doesn’t welcome outsiders.

And they must survive. A shadowy enemy has put a target on the back of the Arrow squad, an enemy that cannot be permitted to succeed in its deadly campaign. Aden will cross any line to keep his people safe for this new future, where even an assassin might have hope of a life beyond blood and death and pain. Zaira has no such hope. She knows she’s too damaged to return from the abyss. Her driving goal is to protect Aden, protect the only person who has ever come back for her no matter what.

This time, even Aden’s passionate determination may not be enough—because the emotionless chill of Silence existed for a reason. For the violent, and the insane, and the irreparably broken…like Zaira.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:41 am

cheers cheers cheers

I will now confess part of my interest in Vasic was because if he was there, Aden was not far behind...
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:20 am

This sounds awesome!

really really awesome. Mr Sneaky and Miss Snarky!

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:42 pm

So any thoughts on which pack Aden and Zaira run to? I am guessing Snow Dancer. (Although for some reason I went first to a new group, I guess SD is such a part of the world that my mind thought they would be named if it was them. But obviously that would not necessarily be the case with a blurb). Anyway, on another blog comment thread there was mention of Ming being behind the kidnapping. That makes sense to me. Ming is one of the major story elements left and with this book bringing a wrap of the story arc (I think?), it does makes sense that Ming will be a major part of this book. And that definitely brings SD into the story. Excited for this book!!
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:41 am

I´d think it will be the bear shifters in Russia.
Though it totally wopuld make sense to throw them into the Sierra. But with the surveillance the Snow Dancers have in place, getting to them should not be THAT difficult.

As for Aden´s powers:

He is an 8.6 Telepath with a specialization in telepathic deception and a 3.6 M-Psy who can actually heal. (or something like that. Don´t nail me on the numebrs behind the points)

We´ve had the discussion once about how the psy ability´s powers can´t simply be measured by raw strength.
Judd can do an awful lot of damage with the tiniest amount of power, because his power is so extremely precise.

Kaleb can cause earthquakes, yes, but it takes alot of power. Judd on the other hand can kill with a tiny touch to the right spot.

Same with Aden. He´s no cardinal. But his touch is so subtle, so fine, he doesn´t have to breech barriers... he can just slip under them. He doesn´t have to blast through a mind, he glides through other´s thoughts and influences preasure points to get what he wants.
It´s a simple equation of strength vs. skill.

And the fact alone that the squad STILL had him mislabeled, speaks for himself.

Aden is extremely powerful and extremely dangerous, simply because nobody would ever suspect him. Kaleb took until SoW to suspect the true amount of Aden's power. That´s how good Aden really is.

He´s just so beautifully unsuspicious Very Happy
It´s glorious.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Nalini revealed cover of Shards of Hope on Halloween!

Book 14  Shards%2Bof%2BHope_Nalini%2BSingh_m
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:37 am

I'm so excited by this book. I'm guessing it will be a pack we've not really met yet, what about the other wolf pack that are made up of drifters, Remis pack isn't it? SD would be too obvious.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:00 am

Nalini posted in her blog that she's not very active in 'net right now, as she's concentrating on finishing Shards of Hope

I wish she can release the book in March 2015!
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:01 am

Oh! Remis' pack! That would be awesome.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Per Nalini's new post, Shards of Hope is now with her editor, the draft is 598 pages long and 152,327 words!

Book 14  Photo(13)
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:32 pm

per Nalini's blog post, her editor wants certain scenes expanded, so book may be getting longer...
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:07 pm

One of those cases where I feel like the book really wouldn't suffer from expanded scenes, given all that has happened before.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:07 am

Newsletter!
Excerpt!
Yay!
Awesome!

I love how Aden is the more level headed of the two and this could be my new favorite pairing if the dynamic is like that.
Killer babes!

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:31 am

TheFLuff wrote:Newsletter!
Excerpt!
Yay!
Awesome!

I love how Aden is the more level headed of the two and this could be my new favorite pairing if the dynamic is like that.
Killer babes!

Whoa, I didn't notice the newsletter! My inbox is stuffed with weird Valentine's "2 percent off, also no shipping if you live on Mars!" mails. /sigh
Going to read it as soon as I find the chance (in a few minutes, I guess LOL)
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next