The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 31 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Patricia Tue May 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Lulu - Yeah, and I didn't even have to do anything illegal like killing people, breaking into warehouses or downloading a file! Who would have thought?

Sarah - I'LL TRY! God, I'm so horrible about emails. XD

Only a few pages left. Damn it.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 31 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

sephora, yeah, it's the contradictions that are getting to me. They feel like they should be mates, the deep emotional and physical connection they have. And then you get:

Spoiler:
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Tue May 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Patricia wrote:

Sarah - I'LL TRY! God, I'm so horrible about emails. XD

I send you one <3
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm

I love Sienna/Hawke and their realtionship/mating does make sense to me (unlike Adria/Riaz non mating relationship) but I still have a small but perisitent feeling that just won't go away that Rissa was his true mate..Even when I understand the Sienna/Hawke mating completely that feeling just won't go away..it's just there when it comes to Hawke/Sienna..grrr..I guess you can't help the way you feel no matter how illogical that feeling is.

Lulu2011 wrote:sephora, yeah, it's the contradictions that are getting to me. They feel like they should be mates, the deep emotional and physical connection they have. And then you get:

Spoiler:

This just breaks my heart..there's just too many times that Riaz has thought that Lisette is the one for him for me to let it go later on in the book even when Riaz will eventually decides he wants to only be with Adria....I want my heroes to have only felt that strongly about the heroine, I only want the heroine too have made the heroes soul sing, I want the heroine not the 'other woman' to be the only one that could cause soul deep pain..sigh..but then again I want someone's potential mate to be the only one for that someone..after all we've been told over and over that there's no one that could make a changeling feel complete and happy than that person's mate.. but then again I want Adria to be the only one for Riaz is because she's the heroine of the book - but only because she's the heroine of the book and I feel connected to her..it's just a clusterf**k really because I also want Lisette/Riaz together because they are mates..ideally I would have liked Lisette/Riaz to have got together and Adria to have found her own mate..sigh..my head hurts:P

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue May 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Im gonna be bitter here, coz this book is actually making me sad..and Psy-Changeling books never ever, make me anything other then excited and happy, coz u know, it is always, always, a true HEA..
Im just.. gaah!! Incoherent!

Spoiler:

Adria is the one short changed in this book, if u ask me. She should have be given her own mate, not some other woman's mate, who because of unrequited mate-bond fell in love with her.
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 3:22 pm

What's interesting to me so far (65% done) is that there has been no mention of Adria's mate and that she has someone out there as well somewhere. Why can't it be Riaz? Adria had this instant, visceral reaction to Riaz as it's described in the book. Once they decide to pursue things, it heats up fast both physically and emotionally. So why isn't she thinking, hmm, maybe he's my mate? Because it sure seems like it to me.

The Adria/Riaz parts are sooooo frustrating right now.

A little bit of relief: I just hit that part that was quoted in the Heroes & Heartbreakers review that had made me really sad. The part where Riaz is holding Adria and thinking that the wolf is now delighted in the lover who had become a friend and now owned a great big chunk of his heart. It just seemed like Adria was getting the crumbs, what was left over basically. But that's at the 70% done point so I'm hoping by the end, she'll get 100% ALL of it. Not too much to ask. Isn't this supposed to be romance?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue May 29, 2012 3:48 pm

@lulu..have u reached the dull tug part? *snort* Evil or Very Mad

I am actively, and extremely disappointed with this book coz it created loopholes in what was a solid basis for this series..
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Sephora (and er Adria) spot on about Adria being the consolation prize.. I'm utterly disappointed in it all. I feel so sorry for Adria so far it's obvious that Adria feels far far far more strongly for Riaz than he does her..even when she describes them having sex it's so wonderful for her and the best she's ever had but for Riaz even though he wants sex with her and enjoys it, it's nowhere near to the same extent and pleasure Adria gets. It doesn't feel like a romance at all and it's far too late in the book for me to change my mind about their realtionship.. I don't care how much he declares his love for Adria at the end..for me he won't ever feel as strongly as Adria loves him. At the end of the day he's only with her because Lisette was happily married..I wonder what would happen if Adria rejected him at the end and Lisette left her husband moved to Snowdancer..Riaz would feel the tug and mate bond/dance for Lisette everyday and he would get to know her and like all previous potential mates would end up falling for her and bonding with her..I cannot imagine for a second with his mate free and around him all the time that he would choose Adria..sure he'd prob want Adria for a while but inevitably the potential mate bond would be to strong for him to avoid.
It's not enough that Adria will essentially always be second best (come on no matter how much he loves her it's been drilled for 10 books that a mate is the most imporatnt person for a changeling..so for me Lisette is Riaz's no1 even if he thinks by the end it's Adria because his soul sings for her and he has to fight his feelings for her constantly) I'm especially pissed that Adria will never get to feel what it likes to find her mate because of her love for Riaz but Riaz will always feel that tug towards Lisette and she'll always have a special place in his heart, wolf and soul.

Sephora your right about Sascha, Faith and co being very lucky not having had had their mates fall in love otherwise when they came on the scene they wouldn't have even warranted a second glance at them.
So being in love can 'overpower' the mating bond?? so what's the point of having the mating bond in the first place..oh that's right the mating bond is oh so precious and there's no feeling like it and nothing compares to it..oh but wait a minute if your in love the poss of a mating bond doesn't even register..the mating can't be that special then..oh but if a changeling spends their life with someone they love (w/o mating bond) their missing the intimacy and the sense of being one whole that the mating bond would give them..so a changeling ending up with someone they love miss out on the most precious, beautiful thing they could have in their life..how is that a HEA?? It feels like the mating bond isn't that great because it can be dismissed if someone's in love and it also feels like being in love w/o bond isn't a real HEA. Because Riaz can be in love with someone other than his mate it now feels like the mate bond is just 'forced' in a way..they have no choice in who the mate is..whereas before even though the mating bond was their I felt that it was their because said bond was between soulmates so I didn't mind that it was out of the changelings hand because they were going to end up with the one they want and need but now that's not the case:(

Lulu, that passage at 70% of Adria holding a chunk of his heart..oh be still my heart..can things get any more romantic..snorts..I'm not happy with this as we know a changeling loves with all their heart..I'm sure he'll suddenly realise that he does love her with all his heart towards the very end but it's too little too late for me esp when for most of the book he's grieving/hurting/longing for Lisette and he's only had lusty feelings and great friend sex with Adria...and then for him to do a 180 and declare his devotion to Adria when Riaz hasn't shown or thought that Adria was anything more than a good lover and friend...nope not buying it.

Last edited by ferdy on Tue May 29, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 4:16 pm

sephora wrote:@lulu..have u reached the dull tug part? *snort* Evil or Very Mad

I am actively, and extremely disappointed with this book coz it created loopholes in what was a solid basis for this series..

No, I haven't reached that part yet. . . . *sighs*. . . . I keep hoping to hit the part where it all gets explained and makes sense. Haven't got there yet.

I am believing and buying into Adria loving Riaz. I totally understand how she is feeling and her fears about being 2nd choice. I am even beginning to buy into Riaz' love for her as well. He is taking good care of her, doing all the right things, playing with her, saying all the right things, but I need more . . . so back to the book I go.

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue May 29, 2012 4:20 pm

At first I was the same as you all regarding the lack of mating bond, however the scene with the old human couple celebrating their anniversary in the park, swung it for me although Riaz's chat with Dalton also helped.

I think Nalini handled this in the best way possible tbh, but it would have been better if they'd mated as that's what we expect to happen with the changelings in the series up to now.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue May 29, 2012 4:21 pm

When can we start up discussions about ToN?
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 5:03 pm

I've also noticed that it is constantly being pointed out how Hawke/Sienna and Riley/Mercy, just to name two couples, are always using the mating bond to check up on each other, to monitor each other, feeling that pulse of love coming through lol. So it really stands out that Riaz and Adria don't have that. It makes me want to Crying or Very sad
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Finished just a while ago. I need some sleep and to process and then to re-read. Hopefully, we can have an open discussion soon.

Should we start another topic so we can freely discuss the plot and spoilers?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue May 29, 2012 8:42 pm

What do you guys think? Do we have to be spoiler free? Until I know for sure I will say this....I think the mating bond has been undermined, and I hope the next changeling couple has the bond...

I was very bummed that Sienna is on birth control....I know there is a lot up in the air, but I just really wanted Hawke to become a father...I hope the series does not end before they can safely have a baby...

I will say that given how it played out, I am satisfied with Riaz not longing for Lisette...so ok, they are happy and bondless, like humans (even though they are changeling...)

I loved Riley & Mercy in this book! I loved so much page time for Vasic & Aden and the arrows, I loved Kaleb and I looooved Hawke & Sienna as the back story! They were amazing as I knew they would be!

And Judd *faint*

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Tue May 29, 2012 9:09 pm

And Judd??????

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm

paranormalmama, I think we will see Hawke and Sienna have a baby. I really do. But Sienna's reasons were sound. She's only 19 and that plan at the end that she and Hawke put together is dangerous so she needs to get to a place where things are more stable and safe.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue May 29, 2012 9:53 pm

@LuLu i hope so...maybe in a few years *sigh*

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue May 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Im being whiny, I know, but I wish I hadnt read this book.

Spoiler:

Settling for someone, is not ,what a happy ending makes....
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Tue May 29, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm not sure that Hawke and sienna have a truly "organic" mating bond. I suspect it was only possible because Siena punched into his mind and Hawke used that path to establish a bond to keep her from killing herself.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 pm

@cheebee, nope, the door to the bond wouldn't open, coz Hawke's human half was behaving like an Ostrich (head in the sand). Otherwise any psy who forms an emotional connection to a changeling,and has enough power, can just punch through their mind and open doors to the bond.IMHO.So I can understand how their bond came about.

This book pretty much just shook the foundations of the mating bond.Now, I'm just second guessing the whole idea of the bond to begin with...
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Wed May 30, 2012 12:23 am

cheebee wrote:I'm not sure that Hawke and sienna have a truly "organic" mating bond. I suspect it was only possible because Siena punched into his mind and Hawke used that path to establish a bond to keep her from killing herself.

Yea, I kind of feel the same way regarding their bond..I do think that he would have eventually mated her if she hadn't punched in to his mind but I think Nalini should have made things clearer about their bond..I knid of felt that we were just filling in the blanks and assuming what exactly happened and why it happened..instead of it being 100% crystal clear about the ins and outs of their bond. I'm mostly at peace with Sienna/Hawke and accept and understand their mating bond/relationship..shame I can't say the same for Roaz/Adria.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Wed May 30, 2012 1:12 am

sephora wrote:Im being whiny, I know, but I wish I hadnt read this book.

Spoiler:

Settling for someone, is not ,what a happy ending makes....

My sentiments exactly..I woke up early to finish the book and I wished I hadnt bothered becuase I'm pissed re Adria/Riaz and I'm also tired and cranky. I didn't like Adria/Riaz's resolution, I think they will be readers that are more than happy with Riaz and Adria's HEA but I'm not one of them.. I feel let down.

Spoiler:

I'm going to try and get a few hrs more sleep and then do a quick re read after so I can see if I can poss find the A/R situation more to my liking (it's doubtful that I'll be any happier about them re reading..I suspect if anything I'll be less happy with their HEA.

Last edited by ferdy on Wed May 30, 2012 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 am

The way I read it, it seemed that way to me. It didn't just seem like reluctance on Hawke's part.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 am

Spoiler:

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 am

Tell us more about the arrows! Smile

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next