The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions?

+35
lappyloo13
mike1803
TracyTheOncer
Rageane
Lisa
KTL
bluebourbon
Rukita
Bella171901
twixter_tea
cheebee
Nicole
Sarah18
BlackQueen
devilsworld
Serena
Lady Jaye
mj
ferdy
catikins
losellers
CK90
Lulu2011
tlcalheta
Lisa Jo
kitarad
Roxsan
Elaine
Scotch
FashionSparkles
Nina
silverdezz
tabitha
nols
Patricia
39 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions?

Post by Lisa Jo Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I get the feeling if the mating bond doesn't snap into place you could find another potential mate. It does account for those whose poetential mates die young, like Hawke, or are with another, like Riaz. Then you wouldn't have to worry about not having babies around. Like it's been stated several times they don't have babies easily - so this would prevent "good" genes from going to waste.

I too think Alice will show up again - I'm not too thrilled about that. It just seems a little contrived, but I guess and hope that she'll make it work!

I kind of think that Vasic is the Ghost. Only because he said he's beyond help (after stopping Jax), but he's still involved with the rebellion and seems to be "in charge" of the arrows from what the one scene in the desert shows. I really hope we see more of him and Aden - especially since Aden was trained by Walker. That seems to be a huge hint!

Lisa Jo

Back to top Go down

Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions?

Post by Nina Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:44 pm

kitarad wrote:The valve info was of no help it only was in retrospective .She went nuclear and then they found out the consequences later.It was not useful information in any way. I don't think she was brought back only for that she may be playing a bigger role in the books to come.

YES! This was my real problem! Walker would have figured the valve thing out naturally - the Alice-the-chemical-mummy storyline didn't do anything for the book. There was all of the build-up about the X-psy book solving Sienna's problems and then it didn't exist. Then we had Alice herself and she didn't even do anything really. It just felt so out of place.

And I don't know about you guys, but if I were a dude I wouldn't want to start a relationship with a bald, thawed out 130+ year old woman with the ability to remember every time I forgot our anniversary.

Someone else above mentioned that there was a lot of telling as opposed to showing in this book. I completely agree. This might be one of the reasons the book felt choppy (to me at least). Maybe there was just too much info for Nalini Singh to convey...

I sound so negative... Rolling Eyes

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:53 pm

I agree that the valve/alice thingie was just a bit weird really, like it just didn't need to be a part of the storyline. That's what makes me think that it will turn out to be important. There was a lot of info to follow and I will have to read it again....and again I think before I feel confident that I know what's going on with the overall story. I wondered also if the ghost is called the ghost because he is someone who is supposed to be dead???
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Kiss of Snow: It's out. First impressions? - Page 2 Empty You wll never be my alpha

Post by mj Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:14 pm

I loved the book. Sienna and Hawke are my couple, so any book with them is an A+ for me. I wish there had been more scenes with just the two of them. I skipped over every other storyline, although the next time I read the book, I'll read all the parts.

Sienna tells Hawke that he will never be her alpha - not in public and not in private. Does that mean that if he gives an order as the SnowDancer Alpha, she'll be the only one not to obey it? She will only obey orders from the lieutenants?

mj

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:51 pm

That's an interesting thought mj, what is her role going to be as a soldier now - is she still going to be a soldier?? Question
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi all newbie here. Lurked for a while.

Just wanted to say... I loved KoS. I really did. Hawke is my fave male character, so I was glad i enjoyed his story. I think Sienna was more than a match for him, but I also think he deserved her too. the whole Alice bit was not needed.

(I didn't care too much for the Walker-Lara romance simply because I am not as invested in the Lauren family as others are).

The mating bond bit made sense to me. From what i had read before the bond strikes, but it is not permanent until accepted and sealed. so i figured that's what happened with Hawke and Rissa. The bond was there, and they knew they would seal it once they were grown up enough for it, but then she died, blah blah blah.

Enough of my rambling. just wanted to say i really liked the book, and can't wait for the next one to come out. anyone know whose story is up next?

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:58 pm

Welcome Lady Jaye Smile I believe Riaz/Adria is coming up next.

What? You don't like Walker/Lara?! You are awful! Sacrilege! As the self-appointed leader of the Walker fan-club/cult I hereby sentence you to... to... *loses steam*
I'll come up with a punishment later tongue

Anyway, welcome.

*is hyper* bounce

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:33 am

lol @ Nina (don't shot me some more, but i also don't get the fascination with Judd. He's cool, but not enough to warrant my undying devotion lol.)

But that's a good thing right? You all have one less person to fight over the ownership of Walker, hehe Razz

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:38 am

Welcome Lady Jaye, I also feel a bit 'meh' about Walker, but Judd is hawt!!! I am quite happy to fight you for Hawke though. Very Happy
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:40 am

Nina, is there a rite needed to join the club/cult? Very Happy Do I need to sacrifice a virgin or something?
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:44 am

catikins wrote:Welcome Lady Jaye, I also feel a bit 'meh' about Walker, but Judd is hawt!!! I am quite happy to fight you for Hawke though. Very Happy

Oooh catikins, we're going to fight! Darnit - how many people do I have to beat to claim Hawke - first Dina, now you? tongue
(yeah Judd is cute Laughing )

thanks for the welcome haha

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:28 am

You definitely don't have to beat me to get to Hawke. If I were given the choice between hunky changeling and reserved psy, I'd go for scary mind powers. I mean, come on, a Psy guy would be soooo fun to mess with. Ruffle up his hair, rearrange everything on his desk, say weird things to get a reaction... Bwahaha!

Serena - nah, let's leave the poor virgins alone. They're always getting sacrificed - it must get tiring after a while. Cult/club fees will be an offering of buttered toast. Wink

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:21 am

CK90, finally someone else with that opinion! Nah, no blasphemy. Wink
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:23 am

Nina, bwahahahahahahahahaha xD

Anyway, there aren't that much virgins left, I think. So, no.. better not sacrifice them! Very Happy
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsworld Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:51 am

My hard copy has arrived no more reading on laptop. bounce
Nalini is doing that online video live chat this evening on Project Paranormal facebook page. We can ask all our questions then, hopefully get answers for them. Shocked
devilsworld
devilsworld

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:41 am

Nina wrote:You definitely don't have to beat me to get to Hawke. If I were given the choice between hunky changeling and reserved psy, I'd go for scary mind powers. I mean, come on, a Psy guy would be soooo fun to mess with. Ruffle up his hair, rearrange everything on his desk, say weird things to get a reaction... Bwahaha!

Serena - nah, let's leave the poor virgins alone. They're always getting sacrificed - it must get tiring after a while. Cult/club fees will be an offering of buttered toast. Wink

I've got to be honest, I'd be happy with either or both (at different times ahem Embarassed ) Something about the biting bit always gets to me although that floating thing that Judd can make you do - that's gotta be worth a go!! Embarassed bounce cat
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackQueen Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:57 am

I finished the book the other day. It was great. There were a few things that could have been tidied up(she only had so many pages), but other than that I liked the romance. One thing that kind of got to me was how Sienna was really fighting and pushing to be with him, but when Hawke stepped up to the challenge she backed off and the whole Oh shit what did I get myself into thing, but still I loved it. It was worth the wait.

Anyhow, I have the book on nook so if anyone wants to borrow it I have no problems lending it to you through nook.

BlackQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:33 am

After rereading KoS (now my own copy *yeay*) I´m pissed at Hawke - again Evil or Very Mad Sienna was giving and giving and he remained stubborn... I would have loved a scene where he had to beg on his knees for a second chance...

First I fall for him, now I want to beat him... Just great, Hawke
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 am

First I fall for him, now I want to beat him...

Isn't it always like that with guys? Wink
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:06 am

Sarah18 wrote:After rereading KoS (now my own copy *yeay*) I´m pissed at Hawke - again Evil or Very Mad Sienna was giving and giving and he remained stubborn... I would have loved a scene where he had to beg on his knees for a second chance...

First I fall for him, now I want to beat him... Just great, Hawke

I don't know. I loved it. And it's not just because I loved him. #1 - he was certain she was too young, and he knew he had lots of scars from the past. If he'd taken what she had to offer without hesitation I'd have been giving him the side-eye. I'd be like, no. heck no! you now she's too young. But he also gave and gave and gave. Just not to Sienna. to everyone else. that's what i loved about the book seeing how much he gave of himself to everyone and how he realizes that He needs sienna after being stubborn for so long.

#2. He believed he couldn't give her a mating bond, which in a sense meant he would be short-changing her. So if he had take what she had to offer immediately, i'd have beat him over the head right there and then. I'm glad he waited until she yelled at him, making him see her truly before he gave in and went after her.
@ catkins (i forget who) - Hawke is scary. Not mind powers scary, but dangerous - and not always wolf dangerous. He can be quiet-dangerous and wolf-dangerous too. whole spectrum right there. awesome!

PS - i now see why Nalini paired her with Hawke instead of someone younger (like Kit, whom I love too). They wouldn't have been able to handle it.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:06 am

Ah Sarah, at least we're not completely alone anymore! Very Happy

Lady Jaye, that's something I really hate about matingbonds etc. in books. I mean the thing you said about Kit and Hawke and how someone younger wouldn't have been able to handle Sienna's powers.

No Spoiler, but not about Kiss of Snow entirely, either.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:22 am

Patricia wrote:Ah Sarah, at least we're not completely alone anymore! Very Happy

Lady Jaye, that's something I really hate about matingbonds etc. in books. I mean the thing you said about Kit and Hawke and how someone younger wouldn't have been able to handle Sienna's powers.

@Patricia, you crack me up! I agree witrh everything you said. Yeah it really sucks that mating is once in a lifetime.

as for Kit and Sienna, I meant what she's had to go through becos of her powers, because of her life, Kit (a young male who's just coming into his own, who doesn't seem to have had as much turmoil) would not have been able to deal with her. he would have been consumed by her. so i'm ok with Hawke being her HEA instead of Kit. in the same way another woman who'd not had as much turmoil in her life owuld not have been able to deal with Hawke's.

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:28 am

Patricia wrote:Ah Sarah, at least we're not completely alone anymore! Very Happy

"If theres a good looking man who can make you come three times in a row, go for him."?
"If he's possessive but only because he can't help himself/because it's in his nature/bla, forgive him."?
"Love's much stronger than rational thoughts, so if you love him, that's all that matters."?

Bullshit. You will never know if he really is the right one, so better be safe than sorry. Or, also. Does it even matter if it is forever?

OMG I just burst out laughing.
I have only read StS CbI BbF PoP ans KoS, so forgive me if i sound ignorant. But the only case I know of someone going for a person who made rhem come lots of times is Sascha and Lucas. lol. I am still laughing. And Riley and Mercy too (more Riley and Mercy than luch and sascha).

hmm - is Judd your favorite character?
you wanted sienna and kit?

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:29 am

Done.
I have several things to say. But first...Ferdy? Like the ant from the cartoon? The one with a snail and a bug named Gwendolyn?
OK. General impression: Didn`t actually like.
Most of the time I was like What the hell is wrong with Hawke?! He does not act like an alpha, more like the master of the whole universe. Loved his lieutenants, though. It was nice to see them again. Judd, Lucas, Sascha, always. But Hawke needs to enroll in some behaviour adjusting program.
Kids were really cool. I love how we get to see them grow up. Have a feeling Nadiya is going be a very spoiled baby.
X designation turned out pretty great. I support Walker`s role in Sienna`s story, but maybe his valve thing should have been mentioned earlier, just so that we know at least something about it.
Loved the new insights into Nikita`s character. It just goes to show how complicated people (or in this case Psy) are.
To me mating bond always seemed like something that is partly destiny but also a matter of choice. Once formed it cannot be broken, but it also demands you to be completely clear with yourself before it is created. On the other hand, then why did Nate`s parents end up as they did?
No Kaleb. Sad. Crying or Very sad
Loved Walker. He is after all Judd`s brother. The Laurens are, all in all, generally terrific.
Looks like I just did not like Hawke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jaye Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:44 am

Jelena wrote:Done.

Looks like I just did not like Hawke.
Sad Sad Sad Sad
as you can tell, i thought he was awesome. i like him better as alpha than lucas...more than any other (male) character i think.
ok. i will stop gushing abt Hawke for now.

i seriously need to read something else to take my mind of his story. it's becoming a disease.

PS - he IS master of the whole universe ( Wink )

Lady Jaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next