The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels Judgement - Must Love Hellhounds

4 posters

Go down

Angels Judgement - Must Love Hellhounds Empty Angels Judgement - Must Love Hellhounds

Post by tabitha Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:27 am

I just finished this novella today, I really liked this novella, Deacon and Sara are born to be together Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Angels Judgement - Must Love Hellhounds Empty Re: Angels Judgement - Must Love Hellhounds

Post by Concepcion30 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Now, if I'm understanding this correctly, the novellas are a series of stories written by different authors? And these other stories have no connection whatsoever with the Guild Hunter universe? Is there is no way to read Sara and Deacon's story without buying the whole book? I was trying to figure out why these seemed separate from the main four N.S. stories and was thinking at first that they were simply shorter than a full book. I'm assuming the publishers decided to go this route to save a buck. Can't figure out why else they would pair stories of an established series with random others.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Angels Judgement - Must Love Hellhounds Empty Re: Angels Judgement - Must Love Hellhounds

Post by Rageane Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:41 am

Concepcion30, in essence you are correct. The author's sign on to do what is known as an "anthology" where they write short stories about side characters from their main set of a series. It is a way of getting a better picture about what those secondary characters are like, and it also gives the reader's an opportunity to try these series without having to spend the money for a full blown story if they don't like it. The publisher's know that you will by the book, because it holds a story of the author you are buying it for, and it gives the other author's a potential follower. Not to mention that the author's enjoy this because it let's them tell a story about their world with a short story that otherwise wouldn't get any attention in the series itself.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 am

Thank you for the reply Rageane. My Christmas splurge is quite over now and I have to be a bit more picky about what books I choose to buy. At $8 a pop they add up really quickly. I am interested about these other characters though so at some point I will probably buy them.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:42 am

You might try your local library too...they are a great source to find books you want to try before you buy, or if you are on a budget there are book exchange stores too. Until I moved too far to get to it, I used to exchange my books at a swap store right by my house...I loved it!!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 am

I like that all of Nalini's GH novellas will be published in one collection. <3
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down