The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-Topic

+16
Rageane
Bella171901
Lulu2011
Elisabeth
Yurice
TheFLuff
KTL
twixter_tea
kitarad
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
TracyTheOncer
tabitha
Serena
Patricia
20 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Off-Topic - Page 5 Empty Re: Off-Topic

Post by Patricia Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Yurice, I'm not sure if that's true:

There's one person who needs feedback from the Psynet the Ghost doesn't want dead

I thought it was more in general. Like.. the ghost wanted this one person not to suffer from the results, no matter if he/she is a Psy or a Changeling or a human.

But it's been some time since I read the books.. *sighs* Do you have a quote?

Try learning that one, huh. But we do have the phonetic alphabet. I think I`ve heard somewhere that there is a language with 17 cases. Don`t know which one, though...

Holy freaking cow! SEVEN?? And hell, SEVENTEEN?

I just thought about Vietnamese and there is like.. no grammar. Well, there is, but it's about the word-order not about inflection.

There is a very strict way of saying things, because it's an isolating language. Just change the order of one word and you have a new meaning. There is no real tense, either. When I tried to explain my half brother that he should wait a few minutes and then go to the rest-room I ended up telling him something way different. (His mother didn't tell me what I said, and didn't stop laughing either..)

I have to admit that sometimes, in those cases, I like German or English or any language with more than three rules way more. There is no inlfection in Vietnamese and it drives me nuts. (Which is why all I can say is "Do you want to go to the restroom with me" and "This is a dog/chicken.")

I should ask my mother how some of the languages she speaks work. (Well, it's just Arabic and Russian, but maybe..) I know that when a friend of mine from Egypt tried to teach me some easier phrases I ended up insulting his sister in Kurdish oô (And it sounded like Chooshkat de blabla jam bla which is soo confusing!) BUT he said that they eg have singular, plural and an extra-plural or something.

In Latin we didn't have a real "no". When asked "Do you feel good?" we couldn't just say "No." We had to say "No, I don't feel good." Could be my teachers fault, though and she just didn't want us to answer with "Non." oô : D

So, when I compare all of that, English really is one of the languages that are easier to learn, if you have the time and money.. Not that it'd keep me from bitching about prepositions. And Mrs. Schwarz. Who - and I have proof - marked "alive" as wrong and said "alife" was the correct answer. (11th grade) I'm not kidding you here. She noticed it later, though, and then wrote a big, fat "Sorry" next to it, but still.. :'D
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:43 pm

German and English are so alike

Yep... and Dutch. Dutch just looks like funky English to me.

As for the whole preposition thing - even if you use the wrong prepositions we'll usually get what you're saying. Unless you say something like "I'm banging my head in the computer"... then we'd probably call an ambulance because you're about to be electrocuted. Wink

But I can understand the frustration of wanting to get it completely right. I would obsess over my Latin homework until it was all correct and pretty.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Latin. Probably the one language in the world I would never understand. Its word order...
But I still plan to go back to it at some point. Don`t you just love how many of its words are internationalisms?

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Latin is a bitch. Plain and simple.
I hate that language.
Polish has seven cases btw.

And yes, my theory points to the Aden link as well.
More tomorrow, phone still doesn't know English

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Patricia wrote:Yurice, I'm not sure if that's true:

There's one person who needs feedback from the Psynet the Ghost doesn't want dead

I thought it was more in general. Like.. the ghost wanted this one person not to suffer from the results, no matter if he/she is a Psy or a Changeling or a human.

But it's been some time since I read the books.. *sighs* Do you have a quote?

Er no quotes. I don't even know which book to re-read to find the paragraph where Judd asked the Ghost about it.^^;

I only thought that the reason the Ghost held back from killing the councilors is because doing so would have been lethal to his 'special person', if everyone connected to the psynet were to die, the only 'impact' I could see that would affect the other races is economics.
Given the right conditions, anyone can bounce back from bad business, but death is permanent.

There could be an imbalance of power leading to wars if the silent Psy are taken out of the picture, but those of the Forgotten could step up and take their place. And I think this scenario is far too general, not a specific danger to this 'special person', I mean danger lurks in every corner, every hour, the Changelings are already at war with the silent Psy...so, not killing the councilors will make this 'person' any more safer than the current situation.

I could be missing something of course, I still have to re-read the books.^^;
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:33 pm

It's in KoS, if I remember right. Ab phone call and Judd tells him to consider that one person, whenever he makes ab decision

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:47 pm

TheFLuff wrote:It's in KoS, if I remember right. Ab phone call and Judd tells him to consider that one person, whenever he makes ab decision

Yes, I thought it was in KOS too and because I read the ARC and not the final version I thought, maybe there was a small change or something.

Yurice wrote:Er no quotes. I don't even know which book to re-read to find the paragraph where Judd asked the Ghost about it.^^;

I only thought that the reason the Ghost held back from killing the councilors is because doing so would have been lethal to his 'special person', if everyone connected to the psynet were to die, the only 'impact' I could see that would affect the other races is economics.
Given the right conditions, anyone can bounce back from bad business, but death is permanent.

There could be an imbalance of power leading to wars if the silent Psy are taken out of the picture, but those of the Forgotten could step up and take their place. And I think this scenario is far too general, not a specific danger to this 'special person', I mean danger lurks in every corner, every hour, the Changelings are already at war with the silent Psy...so, not killing the councilors will make this 'person' any more safer than the current situation.

I could be missing something of course, I still have to re-read the books.^^;

That does make sense.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:41 am

Ok, you´re right, it only says

The Council‟s collapse, with no new system in place, will destabilize the Net, kill hundreds of thousands of innocents.”
“One person,” Judd said. “There must be one person who you do not want to die.”

EDIT: I´m just too clever for my own good!

Found it Wink

Judd's Thought in KoS:
The only thing the Ghost had admitted to date was that there was at least one individual in the Net who had some value to him, one person he did not
want dead

Thank god for customers taking it easy Very Happy
Time to read and search.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:33 pm

TheFLuff wrote:Ok, you´re right, it only says

The Council‟s collapse, with no new system in place, will destabilize the Net, kill hundreds of thousands of innocents.”
“One person,” Judd said. “There must be one person who you do not want to die.”

EDIT: I´m just too clever for my own good!

Found it Wink

Judd's Thought in KoS:
The only thing the Ghost had admitted to date was that there was at least one individual in the Net who had some value to him, one person he did not
want dead

Thank god for customers taking it easy Very Happy
Time to read and search.

Why too clever for your own good? Is that possible? To be too clever? I mean, yes, I'm very close to the edge and could burst with awesome someday soon, but.. </eccentric behaviour> Thanks for the quotes! <3

Hmm.. I could still argue that this is just what Judd assumed, not what the Ghost said, but I don't think Nalini'd do such a thing in this particular situation. And it makes more sense anyway because most Psy have more contact to other Psy than to Changelings or humans. Plus, those two races also distrust them. Obviously there still could be something, but.. your theory makes sense. Damn.

... I have the deep urge to reread Tammy and Nate's book now. What the heck? *bubblebath*

Also, I'm bleeding. No idea what I did, but my head feels weird and there's blood. And it's sort of icky. I don't even know why I'm still sitting here, writing about blood on my head instead of, you know, screaming for my mommy, because there's blood coming out of my head (*quotes herself: could burst with awesome someday soon*) ...

MOMMYYYY!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Don´t call Mommy.. call Juddy Wink

Did I say, I want Vasic today already?

no?

Those scenes in Blaze of Memory. Argh!

The suspense!

Is Aden lying to Ming and Judd? Isn´t he?
*grrrrrrr*

Can someone please stop my head?

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:08 pm

TheFLuff wrote:Don´t call Mommy.. call Juddy Wink

NOOO!! My head explodes! I have.. Images.. Aaaaah.. Judd. Apron. Knitting. Hair roller.

Goodbye Sexy. Hey Domestic.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Make it just an apron...

and I mean just.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 pm

*blink* err.. I mean for the bleeding...

tsk...

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Bored...

Now I´mm all hooked up to Lothaire again.

Bad, when you can´t stand to read 80% of romance authors anymore, because they´re so bad

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Amen.

I'm playing Pokemon right now. Oh, and I listen to the Inheritance audiobook. x.x'
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:00 pm

tried to work on the Aden pic.. but he´s being an insufferable little prick and not doing what i want

*pouts*

so.. more rereads.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:04 pm

LOL ^^^
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:51 pm

poor ones, I just started rereading Psy Changeling series.....really interesting what one can forget over the years Rolling Eyes
going to start now Brennas and Judds story I love you
one simply has to love the world and peaople Nalini Singh created Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:58 pm

started again as well.. book one now... I should stick to the order of the books and not read CbI like... 4 times in a row Very Happy

And Aden is behaving!
Finally found the right lighting.

PS: Just reading Saschas first reaction to Chocolate again. LOL!

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:18 am

aah, thats sooo funny, sometimes I have to think about her while eating chocolate Laughing
I just reached the scene where Brenna followed Judd and told him that she´s not able to shift any more...
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:56 am

Hey, we could make a German "Why the German translation sucks thread"!

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:03 am

yeeeaaah, I just thought that it really sucks, funny to read in German, but absolutly not the same, it´s a shame, I also found some speeling mistakes and sentences that made no sense at all, ´cause of strange spelling....
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:10 am

TK Zelle!

Ich hab´s im Bus gelesen und bin fast schreiend zusammen gebrochen

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 am

lol ja so manche Sachen machen einfach gar keinen Sinn, das beste finde ich immer noch, irgendwo schreiben sie Ratsfrau und später auch mal Ratsherrin und ich denk mir immer...ey entscheidet euch mal^^
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:17 am

Er war eine TK Zelle.

Eine WAS?!

Ich mag auch den Stil nicht, der klingt mir zu sehr nach 80er Jahre Schnulze.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next