The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 13 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Nina Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:19 pm

It was a real list. Lots of books all neatly arranged by release date on an index card.

*cries*

It usually sat on my desk beside my compy so I could update it when needed. I probably accidentally threw it away...

And thanks for the rec list Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 13 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Patricia Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:53 am

Just noticed that you answered.. (early, I know)

Well, that sucks. :/ Did you find it? Or is it really gone?

_ _ _

I just finished Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick. Hilariously horrible. *shivers* Really.. Just.. urgh. I wrote a review already and recapped everything that happened plus started ranting.. It really was.. Well, it might have been better than the second novel, idk, but it still was a very bad read.

What's wrong with all these YA books? Grr. Oh, talking about YA. I've read Forbidden. And still think about it. And.. *sniffs* I can't even.. *starts crying*

Aaaaand I read something else written by Gena Showalter. The Darkest Fire. Gosh, that wasn't good. Her Lord of the Vampires was quite bad, but I thought.. okay, let's give her a second chance. (Maybe I didn't like either of them because they're very short and novellas often aren't that good... Okay, third chance. XD) Jill Monroe's Royal House of Shadow-novel, Lord of Rage, wasn't good either, imo.

I now can also finally say that I'm not, absolutely not, a fan of G.A.Aiken/Shelly Laurenston. I didn't like The Mane Event, but checked out her Dragon, Actually novel.. which was.. worse, I think. (It's been some time)

Which leads me to something else. I've been looking for some books.. I don't even know if they exist, but I'm sure there is something like that..

1. Dragons. I started 'Dragon, Actually' because I wanted to read something romantic about Dragons for a while now, but as I've said the novel was a big FAIL. Either Urban Fantasy or PNR'd work, but I'd like the hero or heroine to be a dragon..*

2. Father = Slut. There are so many books where the father is an asshole, but I'd like to read something about a father and daughter relationship that's actually working.. The father should be a slut, though.. Maybe a succubus? I dunno, I'd just like to see a heroine making fun of her father's lovelife without holding a grudge or anything.

* I really get the impression that certain elements are cursed. Take angels. They, in theory, could be awesome, but most of the angel-books are written poorly, because the authors either overnarrate certain things or eg. repeat themselves, use chlichés (tortured hero, Edward-ish hero, protagonist(s) is/are virgin(s)) -- I like Nalini's angel books because she doesn't use the typical mythology. I also liked Richelle Mead's angels in the Georgina Kinkaid series, because she used angels in the biblical sense and sticked to what people'd assume angels'd be like. No trashy scenes there.

And maybe dragons are cursed, too.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Has anyone read the MacGregor series by Nora Roberts? I wanna read the one with the (supposedly) nerdy heroine... but that would be out of order.

Are they okay out of order?

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Nina wrote:Has anyone read the MacGregor series by Nora Roberts? I wanna read the one with the (supposedly) nerdy heroine... but that would be out of order.

Nora Roberts. Urgh!! Maybe ask Sabrina? Which novel are you talking about? Smile
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Yes, they are not too much connected. Characters do have family ties and appear in other books, but it never bothered me to read them out of order. I`d give it a go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:39 pm

The Perfect Neighbor

I'm not too impressed so far. Nora Roberts is sorta hit and miss with me...

And I have no clue why somebody said the heroine was nerdy/awkward. She's more spunky girl-next-door with a dose of oblivious, not nerdy/awkward.

Oh well, back to looking for awkward hero books... Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Nora roberts - tribute

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 am

I finally got around to Thea Harrison and liking the three books I have read so far.
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 am

I really enjoyed Thea Harrison's Dragon Bound. The two that followed have been good, but I didn't love them the way I did Dragos and Pia's book. Actually, Rune/Carling's book was maybe a 3 star read for me. Parts I just didn't care for that much. The 4th book in the series focuses on Khalil (the djinn) but the book after is going to go back to Dragos and Pia.

Currently I'm reading Nalini's new Lord of the Abyss book and it is charming. I love Micah and Liliana. It's not the style she uses in the GH or Psy series but still fun!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

Starting it tomorrow, too. *sigh* I'm was finally autoapproved by Harlequin, but didn't start Nalini's story yet. Weeeird.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:03 pm

That book doesn't draw me at all. Strange.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

TheFLuff wrote:That book doesn't draw me at all. Strange.

Lord of the Abyss?
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 pm

yerah.. for some odd reason, there´s no interest at all

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:27 pm

TheFLuff wrote:yerah.. for some odd reason, there´s no interest at all

I didn't enjoy the first three novels in the series. It took me some time to realize they're more like.. novellas. (Got them from the publisher as egalleys) I don't know, the worldbuilding seems to be good, but there is no real depth. The characters aren't fully fleshed out, blahblah. I'm not sure if Nalini's novel will be better than the first three... :/

Anyone here who read Larissa Ione's demonica series? I'm reading the third novel right now and think the first two were a huge disappointment.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Nalini's contribution to the series is good, but different. Definitely not like her other two series. Written more like a modern fairy tale and more like novella plus in length. I didn't read the other 3 earlier books in the series either and won't based on the reviews. I very much like Liliana, the h. Not your typical fairy tale heroine at all. She's down right physically unattractive. Nalini makes it work because she is a lovely, strong person.

Honestly, I'd guess that her publisher probably asked her to do this as a way to maybe cross sell among the fans of these various authors. I'd rather she concentrate on her GH and Psy-Changeling series personally.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Patricia, I've read the Demonica series and it is maybe a 3 star series for me. I can't remember that much about it to be honest though I like the idea of "Underworld General".

I prefer Ione's new spin-off series about the 4 horseman/women of the apocalypse. The second is due out this month.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Wait.. the Beast in Nalini's "The Beauty and the Beast" is the FEMALE? O.O Woaaa..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Actually, the "beauty" is ugly and the "beast" is gorgeous. It's reversed in that way.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I've been reading Molly Harper books - they're light and funny. I'm on "Nice Girls Don't Live Forever" (the third JJ book) right now.

Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:54 pm

I want to share my thoughts on Carling.

Spoiler:
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:45 am

kitarad, I did like Carling way more at the end of the book than I thought I was going to. I think it was the pacing of the book that bothered me. Nothing much seemed to happen. And, frankly I didn't love Rune as much as I thought I was going to, based on the earlier books.

And the ending, what was up with that? They aren't really going to just sit around in Florida are they? I'm sure that Harrison will work them into future stories and I'm sure that Dragos and Rune will patch things up but it just seemed kind of unfinished.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:45 am

For those of you who are waiting for Kresley Cole's Lothaire to come out early next year, she has posted the first few chapters here:

http://kresleycole.com/downloads/Kresley-Cole-Lothaire-Excerpt.pdf
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:16 pm

It's am shame, nobody canon see my smug grin right now.
Im soooo knew what Lothaire was. LOL.

But good god, that guy is batshit crazy.

But Nix will have her fun with him.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:26 pm

What do you mean? What did I miss about Lothaire besides him being a vampire and pretty much insane lol? It'll be fun to see Elizabeth win him over.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Uhm, he´s Daci

That´s been kind of a discussion between and some others for a while.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next