The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 14 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Ah, OK, now I remember. She's going to write a spin-off series about them. Thanks.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 14 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Patricia Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:17 pm

YOU!! D:

I wasn't.. I haven't.. you spoilered.. spoiled? spoilered..spoiled..spoilered*.. me. ;_;

* There goes the dramatic effect. As my momma always said, "Erbse, if you want to make a point, think about what you want to say, google it, if you're not sure how to express yourself and only then open your mouth."
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:24 pm

*lol* that doesn´t count as a Spoiler.

His full name is written under the quote by him on the very first page of the book Very Happy
And it's kinda wrong. It sounds Italian

And it WAS blatantly obvious. Wasn't it? Sorry?
Or am I just THAT good at figuring other authors backgrounds?
Lol

Deine Mutter nennt dich nicht wirklich, Erbse?
Mein Gott, das schlägt ja sogar meinen Fussel Wink

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:49 pm

No, I don't even know what a Daci is, but once I knew about whatever that is.. Well, you know? XD

Yep, she does. I was either really fat, green or picky as a baby. Or I liked peas?

Maybe I'm a fat, picky alien, who can only eat peas.. Which explains the 'tan'. Like with people who eat too many carrots!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 pm

lol!

And Daci.. depends on who you ask.

To me Dacia is a roman province in the region that is now Romania Embarassed

Mothers can be so terrible, mine used to call me Katyusha.
Like you really would call your kid like a Russian rocket launcher Sad

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews!!!

Woohoo! I've been waiting for this for so loopnnnggg....

Btw, Patricia I saw your post on their site... cause I'm a nerd and read comments. I was like "that avatar is in the wrong place!" Laughing

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:32 am

Fate's Edge is finally out?!? How did I not know this!! Oh well that is what I get for being nose deep in Hunger Games waiting for it...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:32 am

Nina wrote:Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews!!!

Woohoo! I've been waiting for this for so loopnnnggg....

Btw, Patricia I saw your post on their site... cause I'm a nerd and read comments. I was like "that avatar is in the wrong place!" Laughing

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH XDXD

Epic.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:42 am

Reading Bound by Darkness. Alexandra Ivy's Guardians of Eternity series. So far, better than the last in this series. This is generally a 3.5 star kind of series for me. I keep up with it because there are a few characters I like and the first books were pretty good.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 am

I've just finished the first novel and started the second. I don't know, I'm just not impressed.

The heroine's seem to have no real personality. It doesn't fit. They say a, but do b. And they seem so damsel in distress-ish. Not in the classic sense, but somehow, they're just.. bleh.

Is the series getting better? Because right now it's a very average/little less than average 2.5 stars. (from 0-5, not from 1-5)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Does the series get better? A bit I think. I remember the first one was pretty weak. I've liked a few of the H's so I've stuck with it. I particularly like the arrogant king of weres who is Italian and wears Armani all the time. I can't really remember any of the h's which is never a good sign though this latest girl is a kick-ass vampire hunter so she is promising. I'm only about 1/3 into it. The last one I can't even remember.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Ah, I know whom you mean. I've just wrote a little author summary. (Is this OCDish? I need overviews.. XD)

Well, I'll just give the series a try. I think I know what you mean, though. There are some average series' I continue reading, because I feel "comfortable" or liked one or two heroines enough, even if the rest might have been weak..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Yep, Ivy's series is definitely very much a secondary read for me but I remember liking Viper, Styx, Cesar and Salvatore's books. The others not as much.

The male characters are so much more memorable than the female characters in this series. But that's the case for so many series. I wonder why that is. They are all written by women, yet the male characters are better. Odd.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:37 pm

I´m starting Jill Shalvis, Head over Heels, it´s a lucky harbor novel and I´ve read the first 2 books and liked them, so I´m starting with the 3rd one...
wonder how it´ll be... Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:30 am

Has anyone read the other Lords of the Abyss books? If so what did you think of them?
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:22 pm

I can't bring myself to read it. I got it from NG, but the other three were so bad and KOS was bad, too and now I don't dare picking it up, because.. I like Nalini and I don't want to dislike yet another novel written by her. XD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Just finished "Lothaire" yesterday. I loved it. Highly recommend it to fans of the IAD series.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:34 pm

I've just finished reading Slumber & also the Lunarmorte trilogy by Samatha Young.

Slumber is an amazing modern day fairytale, I was hooked from the beginning.

& the Lunarmorte novels are everything I imagine the supernatural world to be, Caia is the ultimate heroine, each book ends with a cliffhanger and I literally couldn't put them down, they made me laugh, they made me cry Very Happy

tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:38 pm

I started Meljean Brook, The Iron Duke...it´s quite interesting, I read only one book about Steam Punk before, or actually it was no book but a short story from M.B. ... I like it, but, the only thing I find confusing is the thing with the Horde...I´m not sure what the Hordes did and why and who they are....
but all in all the storys are quite interesting...
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Elisabeth - I've heard that many people have a. a problem with a specific scene in the book and b. with our translation. Hope it'll work out for you, though. Brook is a great author and although I have not read her Iron Seas series and don't plan to do so in the near future (this month) I love her Guardians series!

Nina, if you read this, I've heard Vicki Lewis Thompson wrote/writes books with nerdy guys! XD

Tabitha, fairytale as in.. with faeries? I have it on my Kindle, but I'm not a big faeries-fan. ;(

IAD-question: I read some of the books and didn't like them. I do want to read Lothaire's book, though. BUT I think I'll only be as curious and excited about it if I at least read his first and most important scenes. Someone here who bookmarked them and could write me a mail with the books I should read? (Or with the scenes, so I don't need to buy all the books and give them crappy ratings if I don't like those either. >_< Would be unfair, right? I mean, i KNOW that they're not my type of books.. *sigh*)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Fairytale as in sleeping beauty
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:04 pm

a specific scene in the book, hmm, I don´t think I´m, that far, but it´s kinda crazy how bad he wants her in his bed...but it´s a funny and crazy book and I actually have to look up a lot of vocabs to understand everything, but it´s an awesome book and and an awesome author... another author and series I love xD
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:51 am

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

*bawls*

again...

I´m sorry... but Snape´s love for LIly is like the most beautifully sad thing ever. Sad

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 am

Snape´s love for LIly is like the most beautifully sad thing ever

It is one of the most memorable things in the HP world. Harry is all goody-goody all the time, Dumbledore`s character is sadly underdeveloped , Sirius dies half the story in and twins stop being twins. Snape`s character is the only one with the real psychological reasoning.
And the Patronum (forever Lily) scene...

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 am

So, this might be just me, but I really miss all the members from the crazy KOS time. Where are you?

Read A Perfect Blood, which was incredible in my opinion. Then read The Darkest Seduction, which was pretty great, too, even though I'm sure there were some inconsistencies.. I just can't point them out right now, because God my stomach hurts and why am I even online right now? Ouch. Anyway, these two weren't bad.

Also rereading the Guild Hunter series right now. I like Raphael much better now, to be honest. o.o I'm shocked!!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next