The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 16 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:30 am

Yes, you probably do . . . Sad
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 16 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by TheFLuff Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:45 am

A girl with different colored eyes...

Ok, I´m going to buy it... so what.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:13 am

Well it's really expensive for one reason. Even the kindle price is like $14.99 US. I have a friend who will loan it to me if I decide to read it so at least I don't have to pay for it.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am

it´s not cheap, yes... but I can afford it.

It has 700 pages.. and most books are priced by word count.

Give me until tomorrow and I can tell you how bad it is... and have the spoilers ready Wink

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 am

Thanks, Fluff! I've been reading the spoiler thread over at goodreads so I'm all prepared lol. The main issue for me is fairness and the cosmic randomness of No'One getting her life all back and everything perfect and Wellsie being dead.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:23 am

well.. NoOne deserves a life... she has been fucked over more than enough (everybody and the scribe virgin that is)...

But... Tohr... andWELLSIE! they were so happy ...

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Hallows?

Ah, sorry. Hallows 1 Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:53 pm

TheFLuff wrote:well.. NoOne deserves a life... she has been fucked over more than enough (everybody and the scribe virgin that is)...

But... Tohr... andWELLSIE! they were so happy ...

Yeah, it'd be like Nalini killing off Mercy or Brenna or Indigo. Or maybe Sascha dying (OK I know some of you want that lol). It's just so not what is supposed to happen in romance. I do know people said it is pretty obvious in Reborn that Ward is really moving to UF. There are 2 romances going on, kind of like in Unleashed. Tohr's situation and John/Xhex. The romance almost takes a secondary role so I may be done with her.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:06 pm

I have no problem with more story than sex.
Gosh, I love her Fallen Angels, but BDB just wasn't made for it.
Lover Reborn isn't bad so far though.
And that conflict between jm and xhex?
Hilarious

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Jelena wrote:
Hallows?

Ah, sorry. Hallows 1 Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison.

Ah! I liked them.. Rachel annoys me, but I still read all the books and they're getting better imo. Smile

I do not like the thought of Tohr and Not-Wellsie. I just.. mhe.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:42 pm

did somebody read Michelle Raven and her Ghostwalker books, can somebody tell me if they´re worth a try?
I´m unsure if I should them or not Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Elisabeth wrote:did somebody read Michelle Raven and her Ghostwalker books, can somebody tell me if they´re worth a try?
I´m unsure if I should them or not Rolling Eyes

Isn't she a German author? I haven't read her books yet.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:13 pm

yeah she is....many people think highly of her and love her books....I just thought that maybe someone here read the books...
naja, maybe I´ll just try it Wink
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Hm, I haven't read any of her books yet, sorry. :/

I am now reading a book about timetraveling Viking Vampire Angel Navy Seals.

Not kidding you.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Patricia, you have to share the title of this timetraveling Viking Vampire Angel Navy Seal book. I think I need to read this.

I'm reading Jennifer Ashley's "Shifters Unbound", first in her shifter series set in "Shiftertowns", has a bit of a feel like Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson/Alpha/Omega books but set in Texas. I've spent time in Texas and she really nails it well. Ashley is also a good writer, she's written a lot of historical romance including "Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie".
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 am

I read almost every Shifter Unbound novel and novella except for the first one full novel.

The title is Kiss of Pride by Sandra Hill, I think. I received it as a review copy from the publisher and cannot believe what I am reading, to be honest. It seems, though, that not all of them are NavySeals and only one is supposed to become one. Timetraveling also is forbidden now for them. Either the Archangel Michael (also called Mike Archer, and no, again, I am not kidding you.) or God forbade it.

I can't believe Mrs. Hill was able to come up with this.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:36 am

It sounds . . . interesting. Yes, that's the word lol.

This is the first Shifters Unbound novel I've read and I'm enjoying it. It's Liam and Kim as the H and h.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 am

Still have to read their story. Felt like I missed some more or less important parts in book two. I mean, I got everything, but didn't know the details.

Right now there is this sixteen yrs old vampire angel, and he has been raped when he was 6 and then became a sexworker when he was 10, got HIV and then kept sleeping with his customers so they'd die bc of it.. And he tells this the heroine whom he does not even know.

Very realistic portrayel.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:50 am

It's brave of you to stick with it; that last scene you described just crossed the line for me.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:46 am

Yeah, this is actually the reason why he became a vampire. apparently there are two things you can do when you're a sinner. Either go to hell or try to make up for the shit you did. He chose the second. Not everyone CAN chose that, though, and the hero of this book convinced Mike Archer to give this boy a chance.

He is, btw, from some Skandinavian country and blah. There are so many things that went wrong in this scene.. I don't even know where to start.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Not a book, but....
I didn´t know, where to post it Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJw2R-dtxQ

WOW!

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Pat, you´re still reading? sounds kinda funny, tell me more Laughing
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Elisabeth wrote:yeah she is....many people think highly of her and love her books....I just thought that maybe someone here read the books...
naja, maybe I´ll just try it Wink

jup she's German. I kinda read the story of Rose and ... her lover (don't know his name). The only thing I remember is that she gave birth ot a little boy. I don't even remember what's the storyline so it can't be THAT interesting.
I can recommedn the books of Jacquelin Frank. At least the first 3. No need to read the rest.
Can't recomend the Lord of the underworld. That was soo boring.
Kathy MacAlisters Dark-ones are pretty good. The first four novels are very good, gave me a lot to laugh. But after the fourth or fifth novel ... it gets boring. Really, the character are very alike especially the dark-ones. And there is some weird order-thing. I think they released the fifth book before the fourth and sometimes the characters you learned to love just disappear after some time and you never hear of them again. Boring.
Ooh, I got one. Salvadorena.
Its the Norwegian title but I guess it's the same as the German and English.
The story is about that girl Ana. She is from the southern America, at first you read about her sitting by her husbands side, or at least a man she really loves. The next chapter is a memory of her childhood. Her mother was murdered by someone as well as her aunts and her favorite cousin.
She then moves to the orphanhouse and meets this sister Josepha (she is a american nun).
Josepha takes care of Ana and later takes her to America. Ana decides to be a nun as well but the headnun (lol I have no idea what people call it) doesnt think it suits her. So the headnun sends her to be a staybabysitter for a rich family.
The mother is a slut and the boy she takes care of a total brat. But: No one knows that the mother is a slut and the boy just needs some rules.
So in the end the husband and Ana fall in love .... its not the typicall story and not really a lovestory either.
But its good if you dont got anything else.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Didn't like Kiss of Pride at all.. Very shallow/flat. I'd say light but people always associate light with funny and that book was SO NOT funny. I'll have to think a little about it, though.

I like the Lords of the Underworld series. I really have no idea why, though I think it's better than the books written by Jacquelyn Frank. Those always annoy me a little. Only read one MacAlister novel and that years ago but I didn't like it very much. Read it in German, though, so it might have just been the translation. :'D So in comparison.. Gena has her lovestories and her worldbuilding is solid plus very nice. There are no annoying mating bonds (Trust the nanos, my ass.), but the couples are in the end pretty much mated to eachother.. ;]

Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:47 pm

I generally like the LOTU series too. But I've found that I just don't like series that use God and angels and that kind of thing to pop in at the very last minute and save the day and un-do all that happened in the first 300 or so pages. And Showalter has done that a lot. I'm able to ignore it somewhat but it's also kept me from getting really attached to the series. I read the LOTU, then pretty much forget about it until the next one comes out.

Kenyon is of course famous for those kinds of deus ex machina plots with Acheron always showing up to fix stuff. Ward has done it in several of the BDB books and, wow, especially in this last one to the point it was just plain ridiculous.

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next