The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 19 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:03 am

*cough* Gotta love this:

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 19 391379_10151107897806346_1939942900_n
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 19 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Patricia Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:16 pm

Just read Gunmetal Magic. Sorta underwhelming? Not sure. I love Ilona Andrews. But this one.. It had EVERYTHING, but.. But.. I'm not sure. I wanted it to be perfect, but it's like I "just" loved it, and that's it. o.o

Reading Keeping Secret now.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:59 am

Patricia wrote:Just read Gunmetal Magic. Sorta underwhelming? Not sure. I love Ilona Andrews. But this one.. It had EVERYTHING, but.. But.. I'm not sure. I wanted it to be perfect, but it's like I "just" loved it, and that's it. o.o

Reading Keeping Secret now.

I just read it too.... and I know how you feel Patricia, I feel the same.... it has everything but, i don't know it's missing something.... I did like the "fights" between Julie and Ascanio... I wonder what type of relationship these two will have....
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:05 am

Jane, exactly the same here. I think that it's kinda hilarious how we both probably sound to other people. Awfully fangirlish. :'D I love it.

Spoiler:
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:01 am

I just finished Love me if you dare from Carly Phillips, before that I read the first Bachelor book (Kiss me if you can) and today I started Lora Leighs Hidden Agendas, once I borrowed that book from a friend and couldn´t stop thinking about it, I love her Navy Seals I love you
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:26 pm

I finished Gunmetal Magic and was kind of "meh" about it. I liked parts of it a lot. It was just missing something.

Anybody read Jeaniene Frost's Vlad book, Once Burned? No HEA so I'm going to wait until the next in the series is out next year.

I am looking around for stuff to read until the new KGI novella is out in a couple weeks and the next Alexandra Ivy Guardians of Eternity at the end of the month. Neither are big favorites but they'll be distracting until Archangel's Storm is out.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:24 am

IT WAS JUST MISSING SOMETHING. - On a t-shirt. : D

Yeah, I read it. I thought it was good, but it's open-ended and
Spoiler:

I hated the first Guardians of Eternity novel.. And felt mhe about the second one. Do they get better? I mean, I would read those for distraction, too.. There are dozens of series that I don't really love, but that.. I just "use" when nothing else is there to be read. XD /fail
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:32 am

Do they get better? Yes, I think they do. Viper's book is good and it's #2 in the series. A lot of people think it's the best. I think (#1 Dante/Abby) was the weakest though a couple of the others aren't all that great either. It is a filler series, like you said, something to read while waiting for other stuff. That being said, Ivy does have a story arc that she moves forward in interesting ways, and some very cliche ways. Some of her characters are a lot of fun (Viper being one). I have a soft spot for arrogant Salvatore Guiliani, king of the weres lol. And I think it's kind of fun that it's mostly set in and around Chicago and St. Louis so they go marching through corn fields and such. So many series are set by default it seems in New York or, heaven help us, New Orleans. If I read another series set in New Orleans "because the magic is strong there", I may have to toss my kindle.

Thanks for your opinion of Once Burned. I will wait and see what the next book is like before trying it, guess that'll be next year sometime.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm

I read the second one.. months ago, but I don't think I liked it that much, either. Though I'm kinda biased: I really had issues with Dante and Abby, because Dante was a butthead. Going all "Prostitutes are weak, you are way too strong for that, bla!" made him so unlikeable. (BTW: Is prostitution illegal everywhere in the US?) So that probably influenced my opinion on all the books. I was just so angry. XD

I thought Once Burned was good, but I have some issues with the overly confident guys. Can't they have SOME insecure moments? The only remotely insecure moment he had was when he thought about what to wear when meeting some special people. (Which was cute, by the way.)

Alas. Books. I only have 40 or so on my tbr list for next year so far. This is getting ridiculous. *needs to start new series'*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Yes, prostitution is illegal in the U.S., excepting some parts of Nevada.

And, I guess if you've lived centuries with super-powers, arrogance kind of goes hand in hand with that. I would have liked to have had Vlad fall madly in love with Laila and have to work to charm her, as opposed to what I'm hearing about the book, that he was kind of an ass to her and there is no HEA.

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Lulu...he isn't so much an ass, he's more of a dick in denial. It is true that the first book doesn't have an HEA but it does give you the outlook for the future HEA that is coming...it is pretty much inevitable. I liked it myself, she definitely gives him a run for his money...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Rageane, thanks for that input. It's on the TBR pile but, without a HEA, I'll probably wait until it's closer to the next book coming out. Jeaniene Frost said there might be 3 Vlad books though . . . which may mean the HEA won't be for awhile.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Lulu...I see this going along the same lines as Cat and Bones, how long did it take them to get their relationship straight?!? Jeaniene is one of those writers who have a talent in letting us watch the building of a relationship as time goes on...he may have three books, but whose to say that the HEA happens at the end of it and not in the middle?
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Yep, that's probably what's gonna happen. By the way, do you know when the next Cat & Bones is coming out?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:35 am

Dick in denial, exactly! And the way the first book ended actually screamed "Read the next one for your HEA". Very Happy
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:58 pm

The next Cat & Bones will be out in 2013
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Ah, should have known, such a long wait for more Cat & Bones. There are only a few books still to come out in 2012 that I'm really looking forward to. Everything else is 2013.

Archangel's Storm is of course one I'm really anticipating, Kresley Cole's Shadow's Claim is another. Anthing else due to come out in 2012 that I've forgotten about?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:18 am

I'm waiting for Jordan's final Wheel of Time novel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:42 am

I made a list about 2013 releases (as in, by auto-buy-authors) and there are like.. 40 or so. That's actually not much if you think about it. :/ So if there are 40 titles on my 1st priority list, I'd need another 100 or so on my second priority list and yet another 150 on my third priority list to at least read 100 titles. Argh! (2nd and 3rd priority include books from my tbr shelf, though, so it should be possible to reach those numbers.)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 am

I just finished Darker after Midnight (Midnight Breed series from Lara Adrian) in German and loved it, now I´m waiting for Miras book (Edge of Dawn) I think that´s the first book from this series I´m goin to buy and read in English Rolling Eyes
Tonight I´ll start with Sugar Daddy from Lisa Kleypas, I read Smooth Talking Stranger and loved it, now I´m curious how Sugar Daddy and Blue Eyed Devil will be Very Happy
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't know why, but so far I thought the Midnight Breed series got worse by the book in some ways, and better in others. I *really* want to know how it all ends, though. Hope it's not going to be one of those 50 books series'. XD

Reading The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook right now. I remember how there were many German reviewers didn't like it, but so far I think it is quite amazing. But then, I love Meljean Brook and how, even when she portrays "uncomfortable" things, they never seem wrong. For example.. I don't think she'd just create an Alpha-hero with Alphole tendencies and romantacize him. Oh Meljean. How much I love you. (Didn't we even talk about The Iron Duke here once?)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Patricia, I really liked the Iron Duke. There is a prequel novella in one of Nalini's anthologies. Burning Up, perhaps. That one involves Mad Machen and the blacksmith trainee Ivory.

There is a full length sequel to the Iron Duke involving Rhys and Detective Mina Wentworth and a follow-up novella that just came out like last week to their romance.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Regarding Midnight Breeds, I think Lara Adrian pretty much wrapped up the series with Sterling Chase but is now doing a continuation/spin-off, set about 20 years in the future. The little girl, Mira, who was adopted by Nico and Renata is the h. She's all grown up now. So, we should get to see some of our old favorites (who haven't aged a day!) but in a new setting with a new story arc.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Yeah, I own the anthology and the Mina novella already, I think, and I also already got the second full novel. Did you read the others already? - Wish I could get my hands on an ARC of Riveted, just so I could read it once I was done with Heart of Steel and the novellas. XD

You're right! Apparently the ending wasn't very spectacular. Because I know I READ the book, but I can't remember what happened. At all. Oh my. I don't know about the Spin Off thing. AAAH! I remember parts of the final book now, though. They came out of the closet! Anyway, i don't know what to think about the Spin Off. I wanted Mira and Hunter to one day end up together. Don't know why. Just.. She was super innocent, but at the same time not, and in some ways they were both younger and older than they seemed. His book was the one that disappointed me the most, and not because of the heroine, but because of how both characters had been portrayed. :/
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:44 pm

What is the title to the Iron Duke sequel? I haven't heard that there is one, and it isn't posted on her site either...the novella's are but not the full sequel.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next