The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my ARC

+32
rt
Roxsan
mike1803
Lisa
san12
bluebourbon
silverdezz
tabitha
losellers
cheebee
nols
Grainne
FashionSparkles
TracyTheOncer
Serena
BlackQueen
Lulu2011
Nina
kitarad
Dari
Scotch
mj
Daliah
MissRia
suzanna075
Elaine
Bella171901
BlueQueen
devilsworld
Patricia
KTL
catikins
36 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Just got my ARC - Page 8 Empty Re: Just got my ARC

Post by mike1803 Sun May 29, 2011 10:14 am

HI I discovered this site by accident a cuple of weeks ago and boy am I glad I did because this site has got be through the wait for KoS. Thanks to everyone for all the amazing quotes, I pre-ordered my book from borders.com but,it doesn't look I'm going to get my copy until sometime next week. Crying or Very sad

mike1803

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sun May 29, 2011 12:42 pm

As for time zones and ebook releases - I believe B&N is on eastern time.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Sun May 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi Mike1803, pleased to have you join us. Lovely to chat with likeminded people.
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz Sun May 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I have read million and million quotes of KOS and still I haven't get the big picture of the whole story....

These quotes are delicious so are the summaries...!

I can't help but scared I won't like KOS after such a long wait and everyone I know who have read it like KOS....

Sometimes, I feel like I am different from other readers...Everyone seem to love the Fever series by KMM especially Baron. I, on the hand, find that series OK and not really obsessed with Baron...find him a bit scary......not really my type
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Sun May 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Latest review I've found on 'heather's blog'.
Kiss of Snow is the most anticipated book in the Psy-Changing series and Nalini Singh does not disappoint her readers. With each book the relationships built are getting stronger and stronger, whether it’s between the changelings, the mate bonds or their psy contacts and this one is no different.

Sienna has been in love with Hawke since she first set eyes on him but she knows that she can never be his mate. All she wants is for him to see her as an adult, not the child he still thinks she is. She is a good solider because of training she received as Ming’s protégé but she wants more.

Hawke had to assume the reigns as the alpha of the SnowDancer pack at the age of fifteen. He lost his mate at a young age and he has resigned himself to never have anyone of his own. His wolf wants Sienna but the man will not allow himself to take her. She defies him every chance she gets, she stands up to him and yet he still won’t bite.

Sienna is such a complex character. She has learned to live since her family defected from the psynet. She is now nineteen and her powers are becoming more and more unstable with each day that passes but she determined to make Hawke see her as a woman, his woman. She is strong and independent but terrified that she will harm the ones she loves when she loses control of her powers.

Hawke has the weight of the world, or at least his pack on his shoulders. Not only did he have to take over the pack as a teenager but he lost his mate at a young age. He believes that his chance at love died with Rissa but his wolf has other ideas and wants to claim Sienna. He gives so much of himself to his pack that there isn’t a lot left over and he can’t keep living this way.

Both Hawke and Sienna are about to blow just in different ways. They have been dancing around each other so long; it’s time to do something about it. Sienna is the perfect match for the alpha of the pack. She is able to stand up to him and doesn’t let him get away with much, while being a strong sounding board regarding strategic plans for the pack.

There are several things going on all at once in this book, yet Hawke and Sienna’s story always stays at the forefront. The pack is such an integral part of Hawke that this book would not be complete without including them. Fans will love getting to see what their favorite mated pairs are up to.

There are so many little moments in this book that are special and pull the reader further and further into their world. The near misses between Hawke and Sienna add fuel to the fire threatening to consume them. I believe the issue with the mating bond was handled brilliantly, while not disappointing, and the ending was superb.

Kiss of Snow is without a doubt my favorite book in the Psy-Changeling series to date. Nalini Singh is a wonderful writer that understands what her readers want and is able to deliver time and time again. If you have not read this series, I highly recommend it. I give Kiss of Snow 5 Flaming Hearts.

Very Happy
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1803 Sun May 29, 2011 2:24 pm

catikins wrote:Hi Mike1803, pleased to have you join us. Lovely to chat with likeminded people.
Thanks for the lovely welcome. I'm dying to get my hands on KoS.

mike1803

Back to top Go down

Post by mike1803 Sun May 29, 2011 2:33 pm

silverdezz wrote:I have read million and million quotes of KOS and still I haven't get the big picture of the whole story....

These quotes are delicious so are the summaries...!

I can't help but scared I won't like KOS after such a long wait and everyone I know who have read it like KOS....

Sometimes, I feel like I am different from other readers...Everyone seem to love the Fever series by KMM especially Baron. I, on the hand, find that series OK and not really obsessed with Baron...find him a bit scary......not really my type
I totally understand because I feel like I'm different from other readers too because there some books that are highly recommended but, I did not enjoy them the way the other people had. I liked the Fever series but, I wasn't crazy about it like I am about the Psy/changeling series. About Barrons most of the times I liked him but, then he would do something to turn me off of him. I love to read about Alpha heros but, it takes a skilled writer to keep alpha hero from being too alpha, where you the reader thinks the hero is a jerk and that the heroine deserves better. An example of skilled writer is Singh (of course) there's Judd and there's Raphael from Guild series>

Last edited by mike1803 on Sun May 29, 2011 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to add something...)

mike1803

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Sun May 29, 2011 4:05 pm

We're getting some very good spoilers here to hold us over for the next couple of days. Thanks Bluebourbon! And Judd is a fav of mine; it's so nice to see that he still retains that core of humanity,compassion and love for family.

mike1803 - welcome. I think I recognize your name from the Phade forum. i was klun there( phonetic translation of my chinese name) but chose to use my initials here. Hi! Very Happy

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsworld Sun May 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Has anyone read Dina's sort of review -it's more really a rabble about Hawke?

Spoiler:
devilsworld
devilsworld

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Sun May 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Thank you, devilsworld, for posting that review. I had read half of it, but not all. I totally guessed Hawke's last name, and Dina confirmed it in her review. Someone had said that his last name was short, and obvious in retrospect, so I guessed correctly. cheers

mj

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz Sun May 29, 2011 8:37 pm

mj wrote:Thank you, devilsworld, for posting that review. I had read half of it, but not all. I totally guessed Hawke's last name, and Dina confirmed it in her review. Someone had said that his last name was short, and obvious in retrospect, so I guessed correctly. cheers

Wow You guess his first name right too? I honestly have no idea...his first name...!

But I must admit I do LUV his last name.... I wish I can have his last name too....!
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Sun May 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Thank you Devilsworld that was an awesome review you posted. I also guessed his last name, it couldn't be anything else really - Sienna Lauren Snow - 'sighs'. Very Happy
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Mon May 30, 2011 12:47 am

One day to go! cheers
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Mon May 30, 2011 1:38 am

from Nalini's blog:

Hawke's Kiss
Spoiler:

Kiss of Snow Countdown Quote #14
Spoiler:

and bonus Kiss
Spoiler:

Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueQueen Mon May 30, 2011 1:50 am

I have a question, is the ebook releasing tomorrow too or on June 2nd?
BlueQueen
BlueQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Mon May 30, 2011 3:13 am

In the U.S., ebook version is released on 5/31 as well.

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Mon May 30, 2011 3:26 am

I logged into Amazon and changed my location from New Zealand to US to compare release dates. It looks like US readers get it on the 31st, whereas those in Asia/Pacific receive it on June 2nd. This sort of hacks me off. There is no good reason for the difference in release date Sad

Edit: If you really want it on May 31st, you can cancel your June 2nd pre-order -> go to 'manage your kindle' on the amazon site -> change your location to the US -> then pre-order the May 31st release. It will be delivered straight to your Kindle on the release date. I've done this several times to obtain books that 'haven't been released in the pacific'. Very Happy Note that the US edition is slightly darer ($12.99) than the Asia/Pacific edition (which is $9.99) for some unknown reason. I don't particularly mind. I want it 0_0

Edit 2: Is the US Kindle edition following the release date on Nalini's blog? That's technically midnight here in NZ = May 31st. Wondering if Amazon are using a different time zone for release.... (e.g. a US one perhaps)
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsworld Mon May 30, 2011 4:20 am

Has anyone from the UK noticed that Amazon the paperback version is available on the 2nd June 2011, but the hardback is coming in august still.
the release date for this book is very confusing.
devilsworld
devilsworld

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 am

I queried the release date for the kindle book with amazon because the us release date was the 31st May and the UK date was the 2nd June, does digital transferal take 2 days to fly by magic to the UK??? I had a response which apologized but didn't answer why. Since then the US date has changed to 2nd June also??? Still wondering why??? Also, I tried ordering through the US kindle shop but it won't let me and keeps referring me to the UK site - very annoying! Evil or Very Mad
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Mon May 30, 2011 5:34 am

The US release date is still May 31st http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-of-Snow-ebook/dp/B004RKXN44/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Have you made an account with Amazon US? You may have to do that....Otherwise, you should be able to order from the US site if you change your address to a US location.
Edit: Just to let you know it shouldn't matter if your credit card is from the UK. I use a New Zealand credit card and as long as my 'address' is in the USA I can purchase books fine. Smile
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueQueen Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 am

Guys, I've never ordered a book from Amazon before so let me know if this is going to work?

I have an amazon account and Kindle for PC downloaded.

My Sister in Canada is going to buy the book for me by going through my amazon account because it's not available in the Middle East region yet, so will it be transferred automatically to my kindle? (The one I have for PC)

I just somehow want the book too tomorrow Sad
BlueQueen
BlueQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Mon May 30, 2011 10:33 am

I am rfeally trying to get the ebook tomorrow via amazon.com as really dont think i can wait two more days but i may have to the settings are driving me nuts anyone worked it out yet?

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Mon May 30, 2011 10:43 am

Sorry, I can't help about the non- US resident questions. I know that Amazon downloads for Kindle on release dates are available at 12 am Pacific time.

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Guys, I've never ordered a book from Amazon before so let me know if this is going to work?

I have an amazon account and Kindle for PC downloaded.

My Sister in Canada is going to buy the book for me by going through my amazon account because it's not available in the Middle East region yet, so will it be transferred automatically to my kindle? (The one I have for PC)

I just somehow want the book too tomorrow

If she is going through your Amazon account it should be sent straight to your Kindle. Alternatively, she can make an Amazon account and 'gift' the e-book to you Smile

I am rfeally trying to get the ebook tomorrow via amazon.com as really dont think i can wait two more days but i may have to the settings are driving me nuts anyone worked it out yet?

Have you tried changing your Amazon address to a US one so you can buy the e-book through this link http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-of-Snow-ebook/dp/B004RKXN44/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2 ?
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Mon May 30, 2011 3:30 pm

I have just tried using that link and it just dosen't work. It re-directs you back to the Uk site which is of course 2nd June. I think anyone who cannot get it via whispernet on the 31st May should complain as there is NO reasonable explanation why we have to wait two days for ours - it isn't being shipped or couriered!!! Complain to amazon and the publishers. Evil or Very Mad
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum