The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my ARC

+32
rt
Roxsan
mike1803
Lisa
san12
bluebourbon
silverdezz
tabitha
losellers
cheebee
nols
Grainne
FashionSparkles
TracyTheOncer
Serena
BlackQueen
Lulu2011
Nina
kitarad
Dari
Scotch
mj
Daliah
MissRia
suzanna075
Elaine
Bella171901
BlueQueen
devilsworld
Patricia
KTL
catikins
36 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Just got my ARC - Page 10 Empty Re: Just got my ARC

Post by evedallas Tue May 31, 2011 12:49 pm

You people have helped me in the wait. Now, I have finally read the book and loved Hawke Smile
Quote for those who don't yet have the book.
Spoiler:

evedallas

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Tue May 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Sarah18 wrote:
Nina wrote:

I've got a question for those of you who've read it -
Spoiler:

That was more than out of place... When I read it for the first time I was like : Shocked

My own copy of KoS has arrived today at noon - so happy Very Happy

I got my ebook at 2:00 a.m. this morning. Amazon makes you wait until 12 Pacific Time, and since I'm in the Central Time Zone, I had to wait until 2:00. The wait was worth it, although it took me many hours to read the book, and I skipped parts, so I have to read it again.

Spoiler:

mj

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Tue May 31, 2011 1:13 pm

Hey all just finished round 1 going in for seconds but thought I'd leave a little spoiler
Spoiler:
flower

Last edited by MissRia on Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Tue May 31, 2011 1:18 pm

Sarah18 wrote:
Nina wrote:

Spoiler:

That was more than out of place... When I read it for the first time I was like : Shocked

I stayed home this morning (from work) just to finish the book! No time to share more thoughts now other than DITTO re this plot point. Actually, for me, the reaction is not so much Shocked but more Rolling Eyes

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Tue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Scotch wrote:
Sarah18 wrote:
Nina wrote:

Spoiler:

I stayed home this morning (from work) just to finish the book! No time to share more thoughts now other than DITTO re this plot point. Actually, for me, the reaction is not so much Shocked but more Rolling Eyes

Ditto for me too very scratch

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Tue May 31, 2011 1:28 pm

mj wrote:
I got my ebook at 2:00 a.m. this morning. Amazon makes you wait until 12 Pacific Time, and since I'm in the Central Time Zone, I had to wait until 2:00. The wait was worth it, although it took me many hours to read the book, and I skipped parts, so I have to read it again.

FYI for future reference, I bought my book in ePub format from Diesel Books last night because the buy link went live (instead of pre-order) at 12 am Eastern Time and I'm in the Pacific time zone; I didn't want to wait for Amazon. Then I followed the instructions from here to converted it to a format Amazon will read and sent it to my Kindle. So I started reading around 9:10 pm my time. Very Happy

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Scotch did you order adobe and how did you do it??? Please, I am so depressed I could cry!!! I feel left out because I'm British!!! FFS Help!!!

Sorry, just realised if I read your post properly the answers there!!

Ok, just tried that but it won't accept my payment because it's not available to the UK - I give up. Sad
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Tue May 31, 2011 1:51 pm

I learn a lot about ebook formats and tips from the Mobileread forums. I started using Calibre, an awesome free ebook management system, when I first owned a Sony Reader. I just recently learned to use it to transfer my ePub format books to my Kindle. The folks on that site are very helpful.

But I don't know how this info would help you get your book earlier than the UK release date. Even using ePub your computer has to be registered with Adobe, and I assume you still won't be able to buy books with a UK IP address before June 2?

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Tue May 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Okay, I must go back to work! Will check back later tonight.

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Tue May 31, 2011 2:01 pm

Hey Cat I am in London but managed to get it at lunchtime by downloading to my pc and converting it to mobi format with calibre for the kindle How I did it not quite sure there is a way to scramble your ip address or reroute it so sites think your in the USA the tech guy at work did it for me so I'm not sure how but you can google it I think and then I got the epub from iBooks sorry if this isn't too clear but I know it works so it's worth a shot good luck sunny

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by nols Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Look for Kiss of Snow on twitter. lol! It's very helpful.

nols

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Tue May 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Just finished reading it! I have to say this is my favourite book in the series Very Happy I am also, now, a huge Walker fan! So much so I'm going to leave a little quote....

Spoiler:
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Tue May 31, 2011 2:36 pm

Ok, thanks Scotch, Miss Ria, Nols for trying - I've tried everything and I don't have a tech friend so no KOS for me yet. I'm just fed up that I spent £111 on this kindle purely to get this book the same time as everyone else. It never occured to me that it would be released on different dates for different regions and I still don't understand why. I've read enough spoilers- I want the book so rather than be a party pooper I will come back on in a few days when I can actively participate in the party instead of watching from outside. Enjoy. Wink
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Tue May 31, 2011 3:00 pm

NOLS - I LOVE YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME COME TO THE PARTY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by nols Tue May 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Yay!!

Hope everyone enjoys reading KoS!

nols

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Cat, TBD.com ?

Also, you got an email! Smile

Who's done with KoS yet? -- https://nalini.forumotion.com/t209-kiss-of-snow-it-s-out-first-impressions#4415
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daliah Tue May 31, 2011 3:15 pm

I get the book tomorrow...but then I have at least the long weekend to read it again and again *-* 5 days of kiss of snow sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
Daliah
Daliah

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Yay cat glad you joined the party sunny

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackQueen Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Hello everyone. Just finished reading the book! It's amazing, just so you know. There are a few things that could have been tidied up, but still it was good and worth the wait.

Anyway I know the book is expensive and that the nook is still half the price. So I am offering people if you would like to borrow the book from me off of nook then I would be happy to lend it to you that way.

BlackQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Wow this book was sooooooooo great! Hawke is awesome, the complete fantasy. But I gotta say, while Hawke is the fantasy.....Walker's the man every woman really wants once she realizes there's more to life than fantasies. I love Walker.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:41 am

I absolutely adore this book! Hawke is so sweet... and alpha Very Happy
I am more in love with him than I was before... if that's possible!
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:16 pm

So far, I'm loving it. Shame on me, got it three days ago and I'm not even finished! Blame it on work and life getting in the way - but I've skimmed enough to know what happens. Lurve Sienna.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebourbon Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:01 am

I've read KOS 3 times and I'm still not done......BUT...we don't get another full novel until June 2012 and this one is about Riaz the SD LT and Adria, Indy's aunt and her loser partner Martin.

Some of the reviews are going off about the supposed mating bond between Rissa and Hawke and how disappointed they are that Nalini seems to be changing the rules about 2nd chances when she actually isn't.

One reviewer thought that once you recognised your mate that was it; no more 2nd chance for you. But another reviewer pointed out the mating bond had to be accepted by the female except in this case when it had to be accepted by Hawke; which happened when Sienna tried to kill herself and he and the wolf shoved power through the same channel she'd used to take his memories. And here's something else. Almost every time the mating bond has gone into effect; it's been at a time when one of the pair is in danger. And if Hawke had gone on to mate with Rissa he'd have been a different man and Sienna's HEA would've been someone else and we'd all be reading a different story. I prefer this one.

So Nalini's going to have some 'splaining to do in her next book, cos Riaz left the den when he saw his mate was married to another man "a good man" and his HEA appears to Adria. Plus yay we get to see more of Aden and Vasic.

Seriously, this time I'm in New Zealand in November. Might stop off or camp on the doorstep at Nalini's house and see if I can get an ARC or a rough draft, deleted manuscript, discarded USB, I don't care!

Last edited by bluebourbon on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
bluebourbon
bluebourbon

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:02 am

When everyone's completely done, we're discussing the book here: https://nalini.forumotion.com/t209-kiss-of-snow-it-s-out-first-impressions
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum