The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Nina Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 pm

I hope this doesn't sound confrontational. It wasn't really meant in that way.

My opinion of the books isn't going to be the same as everyone else's. However, my opinions and those of the people wary of the next book were not arbitrary. We gave reasons throughout this board for not anticipating an excellent next installment based on our observations of how the books have been evolving. I don't think anyone here has been negative without backing it up.

I've re-read each book at least 4 times. I've read some parts even more. *cough*Walker moments*cough* Wink I don't see the characters as especially nuanced. I see them as fun, well drawn types. NS has a nice, unique flair to her delivery.

Ditto about KoS disappointment influencing our view of ToN, Patricia. I'd say the less than stellar handling of HawkeXSienna in KoS is specifically why I'm wary of RiazxAdria. If NS couldn't handle fleshed out characters like HxS, how is she going to make a very side-charactery romance work as a main couple?

Also, I know I said the whole "Adria the Masochist" thing, but I don't hate her. I don't feel like I know enough about her to hate her. I do think she's a little weird, though, hanging onto Martin. Hence Adria the Masochist.

me, i'm just going to continue enjoying the Psy-Changeling world that NS has created and bemoan the fact that she doesn't write faster.

I'm just going to say, I think I'd like it more if she took more time to write. I wish she could take a couple years to agonize over a draft of a book. I think she has it in her to create a real diamond - she's just never been given optimal circumstances.

gotta wonder - if you're not excited why bother?
I do quite a bit of this. There are series that I started that had so much potential and characters I love. However, as the series went on the series became one of those cookie-cutter twice-a-year installments things. My lackluster reaction to the new releases doesn't diminish my love for the initial book or those amazing characters. I still love learning new things about the world and enjoy filing away new info about old characters in my head. Smile

However, sometimes there does come a point when the series loses what made it intriguing initially. It takes a while for an author to bomb so many times I actually give up a series, though. I gave up Feehan and Sands. BDB is starting to head in that direction, too. I'm losing lots of series I really admired and it makes me sad. I'm worried the Psy books are going to join them.

So yeah, I'm not excited about the new book. I'm dreading that I may have to give up the series.

Now, off to watch more Chuck Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Patricia Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:14 am

Ah, Nina put it much better than I did..
I'll just pretend that if this was in German, I'd be able to verbalize my thoughts better.. *sigh*

gotta wonder - if you're not excited why bother?

Maybe it's a language thing. I don't mean I don't want to read the novel or that I'm not.. hoping to enjoy it. -- I AM excited..

Apparently the word I am using in German doesn't really translate to excitement (I'll just blame my English teacher. The one who said self-conscious means self-confident. (And if it IS true, then I need to talk to the other English teacher and some authors.. oô) No, I was just too lazy to think about the whole thing..)

So.. what I mean is.. I'm excited but skeptic/wary. I want to read ToN but I'm afraid I won't like it as much. - In my defense, I've read 300 novels/novellas this year and I've reread Nalini's books several times. Maybe it's the typical "I listen to a song until I hate it" effect. I don't hate the novels, but some things just don't attract me as much and that makes me even more.. wary.

(I just looked the word up. Do these fit more? ardent, avid, enthused, enthusiastic, exalted, glowing, rapt, thrilled, zealous, zesty)

Anyway, I want to read the book and as I've said it on page 2 or something - I'll probably like the couple, but right now it's just a bit hard to imagine that.

In the end, I think you're right about the pessimism. I probably could be a little less negative. But I don't see why I shouldn't not like them. When I think about it, NS didn't give us any reason to be adoring them yet. We've seen them and for me it's hard to read about relationships like Martin and Adria's without expecting something very, very deep that focusses much more on them than on Riaz and Adria. Don't see that happening. So, yes. I am very doubtful, even if it's unfair because Nalini didn't give us reason to hate them, either. (Then, again, I don't hate them)

Mhe. Nina, teach me English. Now. *sniff* It's my punishment for always bullying my mother when I was younger. Now, I understand all of you but I can't say what I want to *pulls out strands of hair again*
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 pm

*waves magic wand* You now have better English than most US college graduates. No, wait... you already did O_o. Trust me, your English is very good.

I don't really think there is a better word than excitement in this situation. I think maybe we need to clarify how we mean it, though.

Our excitement over ToN is different than our excitement over previous Psy/Changeling books. Before, like with CbI or something, we didn't have reason to think the next book wouldn't make the grade. The world was new, there were lots of characters to learn more about, and the writing/world-building was improving with each new book.

However, none of that applies to any book after KoS (save Kit... but he's still a baby alpha, so that's a no go for now.) I'll be happy to read the next book just because I like the series, but not because I have high expectations for ToN.

But I don't see why I shouldn't not like them.
This. This. This.

This touches a a pet topic of mine. I dislike it when fans make an author untouchable simply because they like that author's books. Take BDB for an example - if you say anything critical about JR Ward's books or writing on a fan site, even if you are very polite and respectful and give good reasons, you will most likely be crucified. When it becomes "shocking" to actually analyze an author's writing, that's when I get ticked. I don't do author worship. I respect them as people, but not always as writers.

The saying may be callous but it is true - an author is only as good as their next book.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:34 am

So are there any comments on the teaser chapter of TangleofNeed that should be at the back of Archangel's Blade?
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:42 am

It wasn't bad, but a typical teaser chapter, I think. You know what I mean? :/ And it still feels kind of awkward. *sigh* Isn't it online yet? I thought Nalini would have posted it, too.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Just some thoughts:
Does it seem to you that series get in a way thinned out as the books go by? Not this one necessarily, but in general. As if readers push authors to write faster and then books see the light of day before they should.
As for KoS - I have a feeling that so many people had expected Hawke`story to be explosive, somewhere in the line with Judd`s. and it wasn`t. Without so much wanting, ToN has a lot of potential.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Jelena - yeah, I agree. I think publishers are mainly to blame for this. They force authors to a schedule that doesn't necessarily mesh with their capabilities.

You can't rush art. Stupid publishers. But then again, all they care about are profits...

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:33 am

When it comes to this I'd rather get one very good book every two years than two average novels every year. Sad
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait.. wasn't he MERCY's former lover? Did I ask that already? But wasn't it.. wait.. yes, it was.. no, it wasn't. Who was Mercy's guy? Could someone give me the book and page number where RiazxIndigo.. aah, I'm confused.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 pm

O_o

Now you're confusing me...

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:04 am

Hamilton from the SilverBlade pack was Mercy´s former lover...
And RiazxIndigo´s relationship was mentioned in PoP for the first time

Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:15 am

Okay aaaand: Who was Mercy's lover? Wasn't there one? They sat in her house and he said something like: "Yeah, I know you have a lover, actually a mate, so please notice how far away from you I'm sitting right now.."

It wasn't one of the Grandma-guys, though.. Arg. I'm so confused.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:18 am

It was Hamilton - found it in BbF. It´s the beginning of... wait... chapter 39
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:39 am

I think Martin is going to die.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 am

Why? Surprised
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Because: 1) = He is going to die as a hero (however) and Riaz can help Auntie over his death.
2) = He will die in a car accident and Riaz gets a chance
3) = He won't die but neither will he fight for Auntie.
If 1 or 2, most of us will hate Nalini
if 3 no one would be suprised.
If 4 (no idea what that could be) we'll love Nalini.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:16 pm

I don't see that happening. I don't really think I'd hate her, if such a thing happened, though.

1. sounds like Lara Adrian to me.
2. random death? don't see that happening and also, he and Adria have already broken up. (as the excerpt says)
3. see above. but I think he could actually fight for her, just not for the right reasons.
4. yeah, I can see that one.. ;D
:>
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:36 am

WHAT?! Which excerpt?!?!
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:39 am

Bella171901 wrote:WHAT?! Which excerpt?!?!

The one in Archangel's Blade:

Spoiler:
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:38 am

Patricia wrote:
Bella171901 wrote:WHAT?! Which excerpt?!?!

The one in Archangel's Blade:

Spoiler:

Thanks, Patricia! Will you be posting the rest of the teaser chapter? Very Happy
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:54 am

Oh, I thought it was online already. Yes, of course.

The whole chapter:

Spoiler:
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Did anyone else think that maybe she was physically abused by Martin (somehow...)? The way she reacted to Tai and Evie was a little over the top.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks again, Patricia! I don't think the teaser chapter's on line, have not seen it in Nalini's website.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Nina wrote:Should we add chocolate to this picture?
Twisted Evil

I'm finally done with my travels and can catch up with the news...now Nina, the picture that I am getting is Kaleb...Naked...standing under a chocolate waterfall (like the one from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)...did I mention I love chocolate?!? Now if only I could get some chocolate flavored Kaleb for dessert.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Lol Rageane.

He'd have some "I am not amused" face going on too.

Chocolate showers are not an efficient way to cleanliness. Very Happy

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next