The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Archangel's Storm

+7
Concepcion30
tabitha
paranormalmama
Roxsan
cheebee
Lulu2011
Patricia
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post Archangel's Storm - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Archangel's Storm

Post by cheebee Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:09 am

Ugh. That's full of typos. But in my defense I'm posting from my phone.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:59 am

I'm all about Venom having a HEA with someone, but let's put some realism in this fantasy fiction...he isn't going to stop living his life and wait for her to be ready or even show up...nor should he! Don't confuse this with the structure of Psy/Changeling, because it is light years apart...the relationships in this world DO NOT follow the "Mate" blueprint.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:25 am

It's not that I'd hold it against him. I just have this little issue where I'm like.. "If you want my cookies, you shouldn't have eaten other people's cookies all the time, damn it! Now I feel that my cookies aren't good enough, because I'm just me, and why would anyone want my cookies when they could have ALL THE COOKIES!?" It's just in books and all, bc I know that it's unfair to expect someone to never eat other cookies, and it's not that I wouldn't want someone simply because he or she ate cookies before. But in books it often feels awkward to me. DOES THIS EVEN MAKE SENSE AH. :'D
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 am

Patricia, it's fantasy...I totally get that. But not everyone's fantasy is the same, and the books can only be what the author's world makes them...it won't be able to make everyone's fantasy a reality.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:57 am

Lol.. I totally agree about the cookies Smile

Even though Venom and Sorrow aren't in a relationship and Venom is free do what he wants, it still bugs me that he's sleeping around because I have a feeling that Venom will be Sorrow's HEA. And him sleeping around when he already knows Sorrow and is working closely with her pisses me off.. It'd be like Raphael and Jason sleeping around once they'd met and gotten to know Elena and Mahiya..it just doesn't sit right that a hero sleeps around once they've met and built a relationship/friendship with the heroine...but to each their own.

I'm actually warming up to the idea of Aodhan and Sorrow now.. like Lulu said it'd be an interesting dynamic since they both dislike touching.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:00 am

Actually if memory serves she is deathly afraid of angels and he doesn't like to be touched.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:44 pm

I understand Patricia's cookie analogy, but that isn't what I want to say. This has nothing to do about feeling inadequate or not special enough.
The fantasy that I look for in a romance story isn't really about the characters' sexual experience or lack of it, but the fantasy that the moment the hero met his girl, there's this instant connection between them.

So, they both could have been celibate for some time, or around the time they met, but if there's no 'connection' between them, the celibacy doesn't do a thing for me. I won't begrudge a hero who has 'failed' to see this connection and had other relationships either. Such is life. Errr, it's hard to explain!

I like Riley and Mercy, it bothers me some that they've known each other for years yet had other lovers, but like Riley said, they weren't ready for each other during those years...so...it isn't because they could find in other people what they need, but their state of 'readiness'.

Not my preferred way of seeing a relationship develop, if given a choice, I'd pick a hero who knew his woman from the get-go. But it's not a deal breaker either.^^

Now I haven't read a Guild Hunter book for a long time, been lurking this forum to see if people's posts could convince me to give the series another go. So, I can't say much about Venom, however, I think he should be given a chance to 'redeem' himself if his HEA does turn out to be Sorrow. Smile

Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:43 pm

I agree. And right now sorrow is traumatized, confused and somewhat self-loathing, not to mention possibly dangerous and freshly out of a relationship with the human who could no longer handle her. She is just not ready for a relationship with anyone.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:08 pm

I think at this point they both don't see eachother as romantic interests, so it's really okay. And Yurice.. Yeah, I forgot to add the part about.. "I'm here and I have cookies. And you don't want them? My cookies are fucking brilliant." :'D

At the same time, I don't think Sorrow really wants to give anyone her cookies, so when given deeper thought I'm actually.. well, fine with it. Very Happy
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:25 am

It really doesn't bug me at all that Venom sleeps around as he's a vampire and they're always portrayed as very sensual beings so it kind of feels normal.

I'm still hoping for Aodhan & Sorrow myself, I think her and Venom will just be friends they are too alike with similar backgrounds to be a couple in my opinion.

I really hope we get to see more of Nassir in the next book....
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:21 am

I think, because of her past, and the necessary drama a book usually wants to produce, that Sorrow would almost have to end up with an angel.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:17 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think it could really be Aodhan and Sorrow. We've just had a few scenes of Sorrow and Venom being snarky to each other but it doesn't mean that they will be a couple.

I just kind of like my H's to know their h from the get go, but I get that it doesn't work that way in the GH series.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:06 am

Aodhan and Sorrow would REALLY be an amazing couple to read about. o.o
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Nalini is going to be in Germany in early/mid October. Any of you lovely German girls going to be able to go? Fluff received an ARC of Archangel's Storm after she met Nalini during her Tangle of Need appearances so there is some motivation for you! You might get an ARC of the next Psy-Changeling!

Here is the schedule:

FRANKFURT BOOK FAIR & BOOK SIGNING TOUR
Germany

Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 - Frankfurt Book Fair
Fantastical New Zealand Fiction (panel discussion with Elizabeth Knox and Lawrence Patchett)
Time: 14.45-15.30

Saturday, October 13th, 2012 - Frankfurt Book Fair
While You Were Sleeping Vampires & Nalini Singh were... (This is a session with me and the discussion will be open and about my books in general, including changelings, archangels and more. Bring your questions so we can have a fun chat!)
Time: 11.30-12.30

Book signing at EGMONT Lyx stand
Time: 13.30
Free books available while stocks last!

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 - Online Chat
Livestream chat from Lovely Books (More info to come! Just in case we don't have a chance to update this page, the link to the chat & instructions on how to join in will be up on the Egmont Lyx Facebook page on the day).
Time: 7.00 PM

Friday, October 19th – Vienna - Book signing and Q & A session
Time: 7.00 PM

Saturday, October 20th – Hamburg - Book signing and Q & A session
Time: 4.00 PM
Location: East Hotel Hamburg, Simon-von-Utrecht-Straße 31, 20359 Hamburg

Edited: To fix date of Lovely Books chat

Last edited by Lulu2011 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 am

Frankfurt's too far away, unfortunately, but maybe some of the others? Though I suppose Sarah won't manage it, either. From Berlin to Frankfurt.. Eeeh. ._.'

*starts West und Süd-Deutschland rant* What about us in the middle/east/north? HUH? WHAT ABOUT US? ;_;
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:45 am

Patricia, here is your answer to "what about us?"

Nalini is going to be doing a Q & A session live on Goodreads this coming Friday, 9/28/2012, from 3:00 PM Eastern Time U.S. to 12:00 Midnight Eastern Time U.S.

To participate, you need to join the group "Nothing But Reading Challenges" on goodreads. It's an open group so just click and join. Here is a link to the invitation:
http://www.goodreads.com/event/show/726732-q-a-with-nalini-singh-september-28th-beginning-at-3pm-eastern-time?utm_medium=email&utm_source=copypasteevent

I've participated in these Q & A sessions with other authors and it works really well. People post their questions throughout the day and the author drops in and answers them throughout the day as well so the thread is continuously being updated. Having access to Nalini for 9 hours is going to be great! So, get your questions ready!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks for the info Lulu, I just joined the group Smile

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 am

That's great. I have a list of questions for her, most of them relate to the next Psy-Changeling book and novellas, but I also have some stuff about Tangle of Need that I hope she'll address.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:14 am

Lol, I've just been writing up a list of questions mostly about ToN and Hawke/Sienna.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 am

Great! I ended up editing some of my questions as I realized they seemed a bit critical lol, since I disliked the lack of a mating bond in Tangle. I think Nalini probably knows that many readers weren't happy with the ending as many reviewers stated so, either on amazon or goodreads.

Anyway, I was able to change my questions to be less critical and to encourage Nalini to share her view of the Riaz/Adria relationship and future.

Edited: for stupid stuff, I can't seem to write clearly this morning!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 pm

ferdy wrote:Lol, I've just been writing up a list of questions mostly about ToN and Hawke/Sienna.

Well, Nalini side-stepped answering your questions and mine which was not a surprise but I am disappointed. She did say something interesting about Jason though:

Nalini Singh, 9/28/12:
"For example, I know some people found Jason too non-verbal in his book, but Jason was never going to be a man who vocalizes his emotions. To know Jason's feelings, you must look at his actions."

She also said that Illium will get his book when it's time. She doesn't know who is next after the next Raphael/Elena book.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Lulu2011 wrote: Well, Nalini side-stepped answering your questions and mine which was not a surprise but I am disappointed. She did say something interesting about Jason though:

Nalini Singh, 9/28/12:
"For example, I know some people found Jason too non-verbal in his book, but Jason was never going to be a man who vocalizes his emotions. To know Jason's feelings, you must look at his actions."

She also said that Illium will get his book when it's time. She doesn't know who is next after the next Raphael/Elena book.

I know I was so dissapointed, she only answered one question and that question was the one I was least interested in.
I had a feeling that she wouldn't be forthcoming but I was hoping she would have answered at least one of those 7 questions because I was so desperate to know just a little bit more information on Adria/Riaz and Hawke/Sienna/Rissa. I was also pretty sad that the questions you asked about A/R and H/S weren't answered either.. I was hoping she'd give one of us the answers we want Sad

Oh well, we tried. I'm enjoying some of the answers she gave to other questions, I quite liked her view on Jason above but even with that Jason's just not my cup of tea... I like both action and words from my heroes Very Happy

Last edited by ferdy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:05 pm

I know, I really thought about how to phrase questions so that there would be a chance she might directly answer, but no luck.

I do understand her point to an extent. The books are canon so she doesn't want to say anything that might cause confusion. So she's leaving some things (quite a lot) up to our own interpretation. Other writers have made the mistake of talking too much about their characters in Q & A sessions and interviews and upsetting readers when things don't match up with what is on the written page. So, I get her point.

However, while she's a really good writer and I enjoy her work, this isn't great literature that people will be analyzing for decades to come. It's fun, it's popcorn, so what's the harm in telling us how she sees it?

For example, does she view Riaz and Adria as a full and complete HEA equivalent to the mated couples in the series? Do the changelings view matings as the union of soulmates? 99% of her readers would be totally fine with her answering those questions. Frankly, it's only a really tiny portion of readers that are so devoted and want clearer explanations and would follow a Q & A session such as the one she's doing right now.

I don't think I'll bother participating in future Q & A sessions as it's a waste of my time.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Lulu2011 wrote: However, while she's a really good writer and I enjoy her work, this isn't great literature that people will be analyzing for decades to come. It's fun, it's popcorn, so what's the harm in telling us how she sees it?

THIS.
I don't expect every little thing to be answered but things that are basic like the mating rules should really be clarified. I think it's bit unfair that readers are left wondering whether their interpretation is right or wrong. And some questions are simple yes or no answers like if Hawke slept with someone else or if Riaz loves Adria as much as she does him.. so why not answer yes/no, it'll make fans happy and it's not like there's not a whole load of other stuff we can't discuss like who the Ghost is, who Sienna and Toby's dad is, what happened in the war...there's so much left to interpret and discuss, why not give us a few answers to some of our more simpler and non-spoilery (for future books) questions, especially q's which so many fans keep asking.

I'm glad I took part in the Q and A because I enjoyed reading some of the answers but I was quite disappointed that most of the answers to my q's were basically left to my imagination.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 pm

I totally agree. The mating rules shouldn't be such a freakin' mystery.

One consolation is that she has at least received the message, yet again, that people want more concrete answers to the mating rules and to the Riaz/Adria HEA. She may not do anything about it but at least she knows.

It's possible she thinks it's a good idea to leave so much out there for interpretation since it generates chat and talk among her readers? However, this vagueness is wearying and can also do the opposite, which is dampen enthusiasm for a series. I'm not quite there yet, but I could be.

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next