The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOO as the final book in the first story arch?

+13
Jane
Sarah18
Katherine
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Elaine
Roxsan
Patricia
ashleydevlin
tabitha
degdelta
CassB
Palestblue
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

HOO as the final book in the first story arch? - Page 2 Empty Re: HOO as the final book in the first story arch?

Post by Katherine Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:10 am

TheFLuff wrote:silence will fall!

For a moment there I thought you were talking about the Doctor Who villain.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HOO as the final book in the first story arch? - Page 2 Empty Re: HOO as the final book in the first story arch?

Post by Sarah18 Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 am

TheFLuff wrote:silence will fall!

Wondering how this will influence the psy net...
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Fri May 17, 2013 1:47 am

Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Fri May 17, 2013 4:21 am

Just did!! OMG OMG OMG, I am SO happy that it's his book!!
I can die happy! Very Happy
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri May 17, 2013 4:44 am

*coughs* does that mean, we all were wrong as to who the ghost is, or that certain persons in this forum were right? *g*

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Fri May 17, 2013 4:50 am

Does anyone know who Lady Lioness thought The Ghost was?
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri May 17, 2013 4:54 am

I am about to ask her Very Happy

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Fri May 17, 2013 6:50 am

From this review we can exclude Alice as the heroine, since she says that the SnowDancers don't appear at all.... That leaves Sahara and the possible changeling... so my money is on Sahara Smile
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri May 17, 2013 7:31 am

She had this theory that Nikita was the Ghost :/

So.. It´s not Alice, who I still seee with Vasic Smile

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Fri May 17, 2013 10:18 am

Nikita as the Ghost? Oh lol I was excited for nothing! ahahaha!

Not really keen on Sahara. It's just that I don't like her name at all. Perhaps it's not a biggie for others, but to me, a heroine's name is just as important as her personality/development. le sigh. But, I'm sure I'd enjoy the book nevertheless, with who the hero is, I'm already shivering in bliss! ehehehe!

Now, after reading the reviews, where she said that SD doesn't appear at all, then perhaps the hero isn't the Ghost after all? I mean Judd is SD right? Unless the reviewer somewhat categorized Judd as simply Psy, not SD Psy. :3
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Fri May 17, 2013 4:33 pm

omg, what a review, what a first sentence, awesome Smile
she really thought Nikita is the ghost? I never thought about that...Anthony yes, but Nikita? No...this is soo exciting, and on Monday she´s going to spoiler some more, can´t wait Very Happy
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri May 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Nalini just made the announcement, that she will release TWO WHOLE CHAPTERS of HoO on Monday!!!! affraid
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Fri May 17, 2013 5:20 pm

I can die happy! Shocked
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sat May 18, 2013 8:14 am

I'm re-reading the books to prepare for the Heart of obsidian release and I have a question.... Why does Kaleb calls the girl he is looking for, "quarry"? That sounds like a changeling...

Can't wait to read the two chapters Nalini is going to post on Monday... but it will probably be early Tuesday for me because of the time zone...
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Sat May 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Quarry isn't a name, it's a noun which has the meaning of 'an object of pursuit'. Wink
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Sun May 19, 2013 10:54 pm

I am very curious now (in a new way then before) what this book says about the Ghost. When I first read the review, I assumed (as did others, it appears) Lady Lioness saw a certain Psy featured in HoO as the Ghost and this book eliminated him as an option. If, however, she had Nikita in mind and is now sure that is wrong -- my question is why? Is it because she does know who the Ghost is or simply that Nikita cannot be the Ghost from this new book?

It will be strange to have a book that seems to feature the Changelings very little. I have very much enjoyed the glimpses into past characters dotted through the latest books.

From the review, I almost wonder if we will very little actual changes in the immediate Psy/Changeling world and rather we see major shifts in a previously Silent character -- that goes on to effect the Psy/Changeling world in future books. Very exciting. I like spoilers, so I glad we are getting some tidbits. It makes the wait more enjoyable to me. flower
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 am

Well we knoe the Ghost is male and Nalini says in an interview that book 13 could be considered the end of the ARC, so this pointes to the Ghost and Kaleb being the same person as she always said the Ghost would have teh last book.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Fri May 24, 2013 10:00 am

I too see Kaleb as the Ghost, but if book 12 is Kaleb's book, do you think he will continue to the lead of book 13?
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am

You mean, being the hero of the next book? I don't think so... Maybe he will stick around, like Hawke and Sienna did in Tangle but the main characters will be different.... Maybe it will be Vasic and Alice Razz
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Fri May 24, 2013 10:32 am

I have never come across the information that the Ghost's book would be the last in the story ARC, so I wasn't troubled by the logic that if book 12 is Kaleb's book, he couldn't be the Ghost until I read people's certainity on this forum. I don't think Vasic is the Ghost -- it just doesn't flow for me. I think Vasic is too conflicted, I see his as a personal struggle, not Net wide. I also think the Twitter feed leaned towards Kaleb as prime suspect. HoO is suppose to reveal the Ghost's identity, so I guess will know soon!!!!

So, I guess my question is: Is there a general consesus that Kaleb can't be the Ghost because he is the lead of Book 12 and the Ghost is suppose to the last of the ARC? But I also thought when people discussed this Ghost last book in arc thing, it was that his identity would not be revealed until than. If, Berkley's Twitter feed is to be believed, however, HoO will let us know who the Ghost is. So, now I am confused.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by syaffolee Sat May 25, 2013 10:17 am

Speaking about the Ghost's book supposedly being the last in the story arc, does anyone have an actual citation of an interview where Nalini specifically states that the Ghost's book will be the last? Maybe my google-fu is being really bad today, but all I've found is just reader speculation that it is the last.

syaffolee

http://www.gamalei.net/syaffolee/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sat May 25, 2013 3:43 pm

There's just so many interviews done, I think it would be more time efficient to just ask Nalini again. She answers such questions via twitter. :3

It's been so long, so I can't tell where I read about the Ghost being the last book in the arc, if this was just a general consensus, or was it from an actual interview. x_X;

Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by syaffolee Sat May 25, 2013 9:18 pm

As Nalini is generally cagey about anything dealing with the Ghost, I kind of doubt she'd give a straight answer now. Smile

Anyways, I only recall that the first speculation that the Ghost was the last book in the arc was from Dear Author's in depth post about Kaleb.

syaffolee

http://www.gamalei.net/syaffolee/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Having read the book, I don't know...I think HOO was IT. Final book of the second arch.
Spoiler:
everything after this is just cleanup.

Not that there isn't plenty of "cleaning up" to do...

Last edited by Katherine on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:46 am

Thanks Katherine for tagging spoilers!

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next