The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourselves

+64
Road
Faidrari
SHELITA
Mini Whitey
Maisey
OrchidKindofGirl
TheFLuff
Jane
BrokeStudent#23
LastKnight
Maddy
Alake
Concepcion30
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
Sandy87
Sarah18
D_Shaya
kenvinlee89
The Romantic Scientist
Sycorax
rt
DelightedReader
Elaine
Kilina
Tramac
lappyloo13
catikins
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
Nat-hope
Serena
SKY_TK-V
lproc
Bella171901
arne
RosPortugal
chispy
Sanna
aquarianjewel
ConvertMePlease
lanilani26
Vampi
Asasela
Riverbabe86
twixter_tea
beljw
whynot9
Louise
sephora
hisgirl85
Regina
CiLi
jmtmainer
molliemoo2883
degdelta
=aliciel=
Kathy
sophia.lp
Paris
Fuarie
Rageane
rystyn_4728
Katherine
68 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Empty Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by Elaine Wed May 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi Patricia. Thanks for sharing your review and quotes here in the forum. Aside from the Hawke and Sienna story, I'm also interested in how the war will go.

But I will have to wait for the book to be released here, and based on how the Wheel of Time series goes, the paperback will be available here next year. Might have to again read it in ebook format (not as satisfying as I love the smell and crisp feel of new pages of paper) Sad
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by DelightedReader Tue May 17, 2011 11:19 pm

Hello!!! I finally made it here. I lurked a few times in the past and decided to just get in here for real. Smile I'm from the east coast (USA) NJ and my most favorite hobby is reading. The first NS book I picked up at my local Borders was "Caressed by Ice", but since I am totally OCD about reading books in order, I just bought it and set it aside until I could order Slave to Sensation and Visions of Heat. Once I read STS, I was off the hook and running, lol.

I read several series and have been a Moderator for 4 years for Laurell K Hamilton's book forum. When I visited Nalini's site, she was having a contest for the first Guild Hunter book, "Angels Blood". I was sooo excited, since at the time I wasn't aware of a forum for her and I had opened a thread for Nalini's books in our "Other Author's" forum. I won an ARC for that book and have been a delighted reader (like my name Very Happy) since I first read STS. The Psy/Changling and GH series have the most unique storyline that I've read in years.

I hope to be able to join in the discussions with others that love her books as much as I do. bounce
DelightedReader
DelightedReader

Back to top Go down

Post by rt Mon May 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi everyone,

my name is Ruth and I´m from Southamerica. I have been reading and really enjoying all the reviews, quotes and spoilers for a while now and decided to join the forum before the KOS countdown is over and most important: thank you for all the great discussions and KOS spoilers! Very Happy

rt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sycorax Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:39 am

Hi! I followed a comment on Dear Author here the other day. Love the forum. There's so much going on in Nalini Singh's books it's good to have somewhere to discuss and speculate.

Sycorax

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:30 am

DelightedReader, no one welcomed you here and now you're gone! Aaah. >_< Come baaack!

But.. I really think we should warn everyone that once you're a bro, you don't get out. The mafia's nothing against us. afro

Welcome Ruth and Sycorax! No need for spoilers anymore.. FINALLY! (Y)
And Sycorax - Random question: What does your name mean?

Last edited by Patricia on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling. lol)
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sycorax Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:48 am

Sycorax is the name of the witch in Shakespeare's The Tempest. She's not actually in the play, as she dies well before the story starts, but she's significant because she was the one who originally had all the power on the island. She is Caliban's mother, though she sounds much more interesting than him. I think it's also the name of an alien race in Doctor Who, but I just ignore that. Wink

Sycorax

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:03 am

I wanted to say "Ah, DR. WHO!!" but then decided against it. So, now I'm all like "Oh of course, Shakespeare. Yes, excellent. Really like him." Wink *tries to look clever* *fails*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Empty Greetings!

Post by The Romantic Scientist Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Hi all!

I'm new here, and new to Nalini's books as well. I just picked up Kiss of Snow the other day and realized it was part of a series, so now I have to start from the beginning study

I have a blog, The Science of Romance, and I'm hosting my first giveaway - I'm going to Nalini's book signing tomorrow, and will be giving away a signed copy of Slave to Sensation. All you have to do is comment on the post for your chance to win!

I look forward to talking to you all about the series!

Comment Here for the Giveaway!
The Romantic Scientist
The Romantic Scientist

http://scienceofromance.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kenvinlee89 Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Whats up everyone , I am new to the forum and just wanted to say hey . Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

kenvinlee89

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:14 am

Welcome here! =) And yep, you're right here. :>
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Shaya Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi everyone, I've just gotten hooked onto the Psy/Changeling series which were the first paranormal romance books I've ever read. I also like some of you don't join forums like these, being a bit shy, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about the series and would like to talk to those who share my love for the books Smile

I automatically think of actors who would fit the role of the characters in books and wonder if anyone has started a thread showing their opinions of who could play who if the series were ever to be made into movies...? Otherwise I'll start one because I've been thinking a lot about it...

D_Shaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 am

Hey! =) Glad, you did decide to join us here! No need to be shy! Just decide whom of the Village people you'll resemble and say that you like Sushi OR a Veggie. I just noticed.. this board's a bit like tumblr. oô Like.

We (well mostly the others) have been talking about actors and actresses or models or whatever somewhere.. wait.. Yes, here: https://nalini.forumotion.com/f5-fan-fiction-and-fan-art

I think we need a Movie Cast-page. Will you open one and put your ideas in it? Smile Very interested. I'm not good at stuff like this. All the heroes and heroines I read about are some shadowy ghost-like folks. I actually don't even like most of the movie adaptions, because the actors look even worse/unfitting for my tastes than my shadows lol

And Paranormal Romance.. I'm so uncomfortable about the genre sometimes. I mean, I like the books and I like talking about them, but I can't with.. eg. my best friend or mom or someone like that. "Yes, and then they had hot monkey sex.." haha. Although I don't really care about the sex scenes in Nalini's books, but it's this chliché. Women who read Fantasy books do it because they like to pretend that they are princesses, fey, Bella etc. and because they have some mental problems (not going to say more about that, but this sentence has been said)

Hope I didn't scare you away with my babbling. 8 am, wake up in the morning, feeling like a hipster. Take my smartphone and my netbook, gonna post something on twitter.. Something's wrong with me this morning. Very Happy

*shuts up now*
*throws something at you*
*its a note*
'I'm off-line! Have a nice day! XOXO'
*do you want to rename note? you can later rename note in a poke-center*

.. .. .. fuck. xD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Shaya Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:48 am

Haha hey Patricia, what a nice welcome. Ummm I like sushi and I like your ramblings, they make for an entertaining read. I looked through some of the fan fiction and got some new ideas about characters, so sure if you want a Movie Cast page let's do it. It's just that I can't read a book without putting an actor to the character and it helps me understand the book better I guess... I'm a visual person.

I know what you mean about the PR thing, never knew what to expect and I guess I prefer these books because they're posed as an alternative reality.

Haha I can just imagine how much energy you have from all your ramblings bounce

D_Shaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:39 am

D_Shaya wrote:Haha hey Patricia, what a nice welcome. Ummm I like sushi and I like your ramblings, they make for an entertaining read. I looked through some of the fan fiction and got some new ideas about characters, so sure if you want a Movie Cast page let's do it. It's just that I can't read a book without putting an actor to the character and it helps me understand the book better I guess... I'm a visual person.

I know what you mean about the PR thing, never knew what to expect and I guess I prefer these books because they're posed as an alternative reality.

Hey D!!
I also visualize everything in a book... not that easy with all those creepy descriptions, meh.

Patricia doesn´t get enough sleep - or she´s having bloody nightmares... And she´s the one, who cleans up the mess. (Got the feeling that your next mail is going to be very interesting, darling)
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 am

Sarah18 wrote:
D_Shaya wrote:Haha hey Patricia, what a nice welcome. Ummm I like sushi and I like your ramblings, they make for an entertaining read. I looked through some of the fan fiction and got some new ideas about characters, so sure if you want a Movie Cast page let's do it. It's just that I can't read a book without putting an actor to the character and it helps me understand the book better I guess... I'm a visual person.

Hey D!!
I also visualize everything in a book... not that easy with all those creepy descriptions, meh.

Patricia doesn´t get enough sleep - or she´s having bloody nightmares... And she´s the one, who cleans up the mess. (Got the feeling that your next mail is going to be very interesting, darling)

Damnit, did you read my facebook message to M.?
xD Fffuuu! Yes, that nightmare was awful! *shiver*

I visualize many things, too. BUT for example buildings always look like my school. They might be furnished differently and the colors are different, too but e.g. the Black Dagger Brotherhood HQ? the structure is the same as my school's. Awful. The looks of the characters are the only exceptions. Very jealous of people like you who can 'see' how they look like. Which is why I love these 'movie cast' things. Smile
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am

Ha. Oh gosh, I don't know what drove me when I answered you lol.

Here is the movie cast post: https://nalini.forumotion.com/t223-movie-cast#4924 =)

The think I've html-ed bold - Agreed!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Patricia wrote:

Damnit, did you read my facebook message to M.?
xD Fffuuu! Yes, that nightmare was awful! *shiver*

Yep, read it. Bloodthirsty!? Wink

Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Shaya Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:16 am

Patricia wrote:

Ha. Oh gosh, I don't know what drove me when I answered you lol.

Here is the movie cast post: https://nalini.forumotion.com/t223-movie-cast#4924 =)

The think I've html-ed bold - Agreed!

Cool Smile I realised I couldn't create a new topic after my 7 day probation but have my people lined up. Loving the response so far!!! I haven't been online because I've been devouring Kiss of Snow for the past 24 hours and have died and gone to Psy-Changeling heaven.

D_Shaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandy87 Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:31 am

Hi everyone!! My name is Sandy, and I had no idea where to introduce myself, so here I am Razz I'm 23 (soon to be 24... getting old lol) and I'm from Spain, so sorry for my spelling mistakes! I just got into the Psy/Changeling and I'm completely hooked. Already finished KOS and can't wait for the next one. Actually I have a very funny picture of me with KOS and a shirt I bought that totally reminded me of wolf-Hawke. I'll post it sometime when I figure out how to do it.

Anyways, glad to find a forum, and hope to see you guys around!
Sandy87
Sandy87

https://www.facebook.com/sandy.p.gradus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:48 am

Hi Sandy!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:00 am

hey Sandy, funny picture with the wolf T-shirt Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Greetings! As a new convert to the Guild Hunter series, I sought to find a community that was as dazzled by these books as I was. It is quite possible if I did not gift myself with a Kindle this past Christmas that I would never had read the series that I hadn't even heard about prior to last week. In about another day or two I'll finish Dmitri's book and will be up to date.

I look forward to discussing and waiting with rapt anticipation along with the rest of you for the books that are yet to come!
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 am

Hey! Glad you found your way to us *grin*

And oy, you should have seen us when KoS wasn't out. Oh my God, lunatics everywhere ROFL I loved Dmitri's book (so much more than the first three in the series!) and hope you'll give the Psy Changeling series a try as well!

Also, I love your avatar.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alake Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 am

Hello fellow Nalini Singh fans !

Alake here, I'm French, 28 years old and in love with all of those fabulous books and characters. Can't wait for the next release, March is so far away, and May... Will I be able to stay sane until ToN's out ? I'm not quite sure XD

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum !
Alake
Alake

http://alakenos.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Hey! Great you found us. Hope you'll stick with us and our crazy spoiler-moments.. I think March-May will be fun again. LOL
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum