The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my ARC

+42
Scotch
mj
Elaine
Grainne
BlueQueen
whynot9
monadh
nols
gaby2292
catikins
Paula Patience
Daliah
Rageane
Lisa
Schainize
devilsworld
schokoladenliebhaber
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
cheebee
erena1101
Sarah18
tabitha
Bella171901
KittyKat
Louise
Serena
silverdezz
KTL
kitarad
FashionSparkles
CK90
cdnreader
Zory
degdelta
evedallas
Jane
twixter_tea
CASTLES04
TracyTheOncer
Patricia
46 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just got my ARC - Page 29 Empty Re: Just got my ARC

Post by kitarad Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:39 am

Those eyes in that movie which I have seen actually come off creepy. I think the cardinal eyes speckled with stars however do not give off creepy vibes. At least in my imagination they look like the night sky like a portion of it gets trapped in your eyes. It is not cold like those in the movie trailer but warm and twinkling .
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:03 am

So I have been trying to find a photo of how I see Hawke and I came up with a cross between a Calvin Klein underwear model and Brad Pitt BEFORE the Angelina Jolie mess. Also it would be after Troy when he had a ton of muscle. I am not so great at making computers do what I want, but if this works here is a http://www.bigbradpitt.com/article.asp?articleid=89284&Brad-Pitt-to-present-Tom-Rachmans-novel-on-silver-screen

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:38 am

http://www.eyescontactlenses.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/black-contact-lenses.jpg

This link will show you what I envision the psy cardinal eyes as looking, just think of white stars scattered across them. The Cardinal's eyes are a mirror of the psy-net, if you want to know what the psynet looks like to them just look into their eyes and you will know.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:50 am

Rageane wrote:http://www.eyescontactlenses.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/black-contact-lenses.jpg

This link will show you what I envision the psy cardinal eyes as looking, just think of white stars scattered across them. The Cardinal's eyes are a mirror of the psy-net, if you want to know what the psynet looks like to them just look into their eyes and you will know.

Although it´s creepy, it´s how I imagine cardinal eyes as well...
Loved how you described them, Rageane
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Lisa wrote:So I have been trying to find a photo of how I see Hawke and I came up with a cross between a Calvin Klein underwear model and Brad Pitt BEFORE the Angelina Jolie mess. Also it would be after Troy when he had a ton of muscle. I am not so great at making computers do what I want, but if this works here is a http://www.bigbradpitt.com/article.asp?articleid=89284&Brad-Pitt-to-present-Tom-Rachmans-novel-on-silver-screen

Yum!!! Very Happy
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionSparkles Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey everyone! Okay *deep breath* I KNOW i am over analyzing, i know it! buuut i just have to ask you a question!!!!!

If you have read KOS's first chapter which is posted on Nalini's webpage, while reading it I noticed that Hawke is kinda the first changeling male, I don't know how to put this, but he didn't really react like the other changeling males did when they found someone dear to them has been hurt. I mean Sienna was standing there and even after she told him what hurts, aka ribs, shoulder etc...he didn't really react! I don't know...hmm that kinda set me off....i am usually used to some kind of "bigger" reaction from changlings. What do you think?!? Is it just me, it is probably just me but i am curious if any of you think the same way. I was just expecting a bigger more "protective" reaction in a way.

Whats your opinion? I am quiet curious! Question Shocked Very Happy
FashionSparkles
FashionSparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:38 pm

FashionSparkles wrote:Hey everyone! Okay *deep breath* I KNOW i am over analyzing, i know it! buuut i just have to ask you a question!!!!!

If you have read KOS's first chapter which is posted on Nalini's webpage, while reading it I noticed that Hawke is kinda the first changeling male, I don't know how to put this, but he didn't really react like the other changeling males did when they found someone dear to them has been hurt. I mean Sienna was standing there and even after she told him what hurts, aka ribs, shoulder etc...he didn't really react! I don't know...hmm that kinda set me off....i am usually used to some kind of "bigger" reaction from changlings. What do you think?!? Is it just me, it is probably just me but i am curious if any of you think the same way. I was just expecting a bigger more "protective" reaction in a way.

Whats your opinion? I am quiet curious! Question Shocked Very Happy

Hi Fashion sparkles, I also have only read the 1st chapter and thought that this was because Sienna is in training to be and might become a high ranking soldier, the other females in the series were either not in military training or were already ranked. So, I think he was more concerned with her abilities and her keeping them in check as she seems to be able to take care of herself in combat situations. You think??
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 pm

I think Hawke is keeping a very tight leash on his animal when it comes to Sienna, especially during the beginning of the book and before any type of personal contact is involved. And since each one believes the other wants distance and formal interactions, Hawke is being totally normal. Each time Hawke has reached out, he's received some kind of rejection (e.g. in PoP, Sienna tells him not to touch her when he barely grazed her cheek because of a cut, Hawke not having not touched her in over a year). And of course, Sienna thinks Hawke simply view her as nothing more than a pup. More to the point, he was highly alpha and impersonal because that was
their relationship thus far, dialogue always clipped and abrupt. But rest easy because didn't you read how his wolf lunged for her (scent) after she exited?! Very Happy

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Ok I am asking cause I am desperate a little hawk and sienna spoiler please!! Razz

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. Very Happy
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:31 am

Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nols Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to unveil myself as the latest stalker and say thank you to all you lovelies for the reviews, spoilers, opinions and last but not least making me feel like i'm not the only psycho, ahem fan waiting for this book to release Very Happy

nols

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:25 am

nols wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to unveil myself as the latest stalker and say thank you to all you lovelies for the reviews, spoilers, opinions and last but not least making me feel like i'm not the only psycho, ahem fan waiting for this book to release Very Happy

Hello Nols! sunny ................and pretty please with chocolates and flowers.............another H&S spoiler is desperately needed from you lucky, lucky KOS arc readers! I know you have done us proud but the waiting is like slow torture and only you guys can relieve us!!!! (dramatic enough for you)? xx cat
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Hey Nols welcome!!!! flower

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:28 am

Welcome Nols!!!
Maybe I'll post a quote later this week. I just got back from visiting my family over easter holidays and I need to catch up before I post a quote. Very Happy
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:30 am

Serena wrote:Welcome Nols!!!
Maybe I'll post a quote later this week. I just got back from visiting my family over easter holidays and I need to catch up before I post a quote. Very Happy

Serena, that is the best news Very Happy .............it's all gone quiet from you lucky arc readers - don't desert us now - we need you!!! xx Hope you had a nice time with your family though!! xx
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by nols Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks for the welcome! Hope everyone had a lovely Easter.
Yay! Can't wait for more spoliers bounce

nols

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:27 am

Welcome, Nols.

I'm impatient for more spoilers, too.

A hmmm, uh-oh review on Good Reads:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/118320284

I guess Katie wasn't too thrilled - that's always tough when characters are so popular and have had books leading up to their story only to fall a bit short.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 am

The people who commented on Katie's review and said they didn't like the last 3 books are straight up crazy and maybe need to read something else. All of Nalini's Psy books are awesome, but the last three are some of my favorites. Mercy and Riley were pure heat and Drew and Indigo are one of my favorite couples. Anyway please please can we get a quote Smile I am in going crazy waiting for May to get here already!!!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:57 am

True - and there were a couple commenters who were not huge supporters of the Hawke and Sienna pairing. To each his/her own. Anyway, I love the books, some more than others and some less. And I'll be at the bookstore on May 31st to pick up my copy of KoS.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Hmmm, interesting....I'm still expecting pure awesomeness though....The majority of the reviews are still great & a lot of huge Hawke & Sienna fans loved it. The only issue I think I'll have with it is the length, as I could see myself wanting more in the end...I wonder why she thinks their personalities are so different though....Gah....If only I could read it now!
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Ya know, Katiebabs gave Caressed by Ice only 2 stars, which is her lowest rating for a Psy-Changeling book. Considering that one is my favorite, maybe that's a good sign & we just have opposing tastes in the series.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm with you on that Tracy - CbI is by far my favorite so the reviewer and I must have opposing tastes as well.

I don't get the "the last 3 books aren't any good" thing, either. That would be Blaze of Memory, Bonds of Justice, and Play of Passion... right? I'm not a fan of PoP but the other two have some of the best world-building in the series.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:04 pm

I haven't read the review by her yet, but I think it's understandable that she isn't too thrilled by the book. It isn't my fav, either.
I liked it damn much and I love how much thought Nalini put into it, I actually think there was no way to make it better (considering the limit of -415- pages), however after reading it (and I still think the couple is darn cute) I guess that there is no way to make it as perfect as we wished it to be.

Don't know if this makes any sense at all.. :/

I really think the book was good and I guess most of you will like or love it, but I also get why there will be people who won't like it. It's just the way it is with every book. (Except for CbI. Is there anyone who doesn't love CbI? oô)

Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Patricia wrote: (Except for CbI. Is there anyone who doesn't love CbI? oô)

Apparently Katiebabs. ;-) .... Not that she's not entitled to her own opinion, and I'm sure she has legit reasons for not loving Kiss of Snow. I respect her as a blogger too, so her review does make me wonder what's "wrong" with it in her mind (besides what she's mentioned). I wonder if I'll agree or disagree, as we've had similar reactions to other books in the past (such as Lover Unbound).
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum