The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my ARC

+42
Scotch
mj
Elaine
Grainne
BlueQueen
whynot9
monadh
nols
gaby2292
catikins
Paula Patience
Daliah
Rageane
Lisa
Schainize
devilsworld
schokoladenliebhaber
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
cheebee
erena1101
Sarah18
tabitha
Bella171901
KittyKat
Louise
Serena
silverdezz
KTL
kitarad
FashionSparkles
CK90
cdnreader
Zory
degdelta
evedallas
Jane
twixter_tea
CASTLES04
TracyTheOncer
Patricia
46 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just got my ARC Empty Just got my ARC

Post by Patricia Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Hey!

As I said here (https://nalini.forumotion.com/t179-kiss-of-snow-arc-winners) I got an ARC (didn't win but got one from Nalini Singh, cause she had some more than she expected).

Because I know I'd beg anyone to get some information, I'd like to share what I'm allowed to share with you as soon as I'm finished with this book. Smile If you have questions or want some quotes (like "give me a quote with Lara!") name it & then I'm trying to do what I can Wink (But please don't kill me if I can't answer something. It's not because I don't want to but because I don't want to disrespect the author, which I'm completely in love with right now.)

Here is the quote I posted already:
Spoiler:

Oh, almost forgotten: We do have Marlee's mother's name now. It's Yelena.

You may try to bribe me, I'm accepting cash and chocolate. Wink Will post some photos later, too. I guess I'll make it in 2 or 3 hours, it's a quarter to 10pm here now, but I'm gonna be up all night and sleep when the sun goes up, which means I'll be online as soon as I'm done with Sienna and Hawke.

Almost forgotten, since I'm going to write a review.. can you help me with it? I'm German and have a feeling that I might need someone who is able to arcticulate what I'm trying to say in English >_< (That's quite embarrassing somehow ._.)

Much love!

** EDIT **

03/22/2011

Katherine wrote this amazing text and I can only say: Yep! Read it here: https://nalini.forumotion.com/t184-a-couple-of-special-notes

She's right. I said it before, but the thing is: It's Nalini Singhs book and if she wanted everyone to know everything she would have posted it herself. But she didn't. I'd love to share everything and I have a hard time trying to shut up, so pleaaaase, don't ask for things you KNOW are too spoilery. =) As for me, I'm trying to shut up now (at least mostly). I think I've revealed way too much already ._.

Last edited by Patricia on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spoiler tags)
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Just got my ARC Empty Re: Just got my ARC

Post by TracyTheOncer Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Even though I admit to being totally jealous, I'm also very happy for you! =) And thanks for the quote! You're awesome for it! I can help out with your translation too, if you need it.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Just got my ARC Empty arc

Post by CASTLES04 Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:46 pm

hey thats awesome u got an arc!!! if you need help with the translation or anything i would be happy to help :0)

CASTLES04

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Ughhh. totaly jealousness but i'm soo happy for you!

And I think your a really good sport that you'd be willing to spoil us just a little!

So thanks, again! Your awesomesauce!
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Gee!! You know, I just read all your theories and the questions you had earlier.. and seriously, Nalini included answers to almost all those things! And we got some things quite right.

Thank you! I really wish I could just send you the book via email, because seriously, you're all hardcore-fans as far as I can tell, but ggnnn. & As soon as I'm writing the review I might get back to those translation-offers! (: Might trade it with spoilers.. huh. Very Happy

* * * First thoughts * * *

To explain how I feel about this book: I am really often sick. I had to be in the hospital when I was younger and I wasn't in school the whole last year. Due to the lack of things to do I started reading full-time. Mostly English books, because seriously, translations suck. Nalini Singhs book, alongside with some others, saved me. Being isolated gets depressing and major depressions are nothing to be taken easily. I wrote her to tell her how grateful I am and how much I love her books. This is how I got the ARC and damn, never did pity feel better. Wink (I swear I didn't even ask to get one, I merely asked if there was a Contest again.. xD Not complaining!)

Before I read it I was anxious and I think there are lots of people who might feel the same way. We were waiting for years for the book to be written and published. Sienna and Hawke were that one couple everyone was asking NS about. But what if? What if the story isn't as awesome as I want it to be? What if I don't like the two of them?

Well, of course Nalini handled everything just fine ;p

I got the book Thursday, which - in Germany - was yesterday. I slept till 3 pm (yepp ._.) and when I got up the first thing I saw was: The package. I actually squeaked, had to smoke (yea, the afterglow, you see Wink) and started reading.

There are so much things.. Hm.

Soo, I think I read that Ladyhawke found Sienna funny. Hm, I never really got that impression. She was not not-funny, but I found her.. more strong, sometimes serious, afraid of herself and what she might do to everyone else, efficient, innocent-and-way-to-grown-at-the-same-time. There was simply not much time for funny considering everything happening then. There is a war to come, her powers expanding and last but not least, Hawke.

Damn guy made me fall for him. I always had a problem with the Alpha-thing in books, because they seemed to be demanding, yet not giving. In Singh's world it's still demanding, possessing, but both parties have those rights. "You are mine and I am yours" not only "You are mine and now go make me a sandwich!". So I can live with the Psy & Changeling-Alphas damn well. And he is Alpha, not Lucas-Alpha, but new.. Hawke-Alpha. We learn about his past, about his parents, about his almost-mate and also how old he was when he became the Alpha, which was way too early.

The relationship is .. cute. Hot and cute. I don't know, NS once said that she wrotes novels like that: Make a list. What would your hero hate to happen? Make it happen. -- So, before I read I made that list. It included polka, so I'm going to cut the most-ridiculous things out. I wrote down: Losing each other to someone else. Seeing the other one with someone else. Sienna: Hurting someone (X-Psy ._.), Being treated like a kid/not being taken serious/losing her family (because of her, e.g. they go to see a movie and die because she set the building on fire while smoking..) Hawke: Losing his people, losing control, not being able to protect the den.

And yep, we see some bad things happen. Of course the smoking-thing was the worst of all. Stupid cat made her smoke. (not)

Hawke is sure he lost his mate and Sienna has to accept it, because if he ever should start 'dating' her (which he of course would never do!), she should know the truth. Or at least this is how he sees the things and he tells her so, trying to be "fair". This fucking mating-bond really freaked me out. We know there's always a HEA with Singh, but we don't know how it works out, do we? Who says that they will have a mating bond? maybe they will have to do with an old-school-relationship.

Nalini explains why Hawkes SD-"Net" and the Lauren-Net are not connected. (I think we were all wrong.. Not sure, though.)

We learn alot about the Lauren-family. Actually about almost everything we asked ourselves here, if I recall it right. We learn who/how Marlees mom was. (Because there is lots of LaraxWalker-action (As in: If they aren't a couple now they will surely never be, which means that i don't see them getting their own book/novella) that needs some conversation Very Happy) We learn about Tobys and Siennas father (btw my family-tree was pretty awesome (not that anyone would question that, I know xD), they have ONE father), about Judds relationship to his family when he became an Arrow (which took me completely off-guard as well as:) what kind of a teacher Walker was. AND those things about their Sister/Sienna and Tobys mom.. Those were good, but I had to put the conspirancy-cake back and settle with the conspirancy-cookies I have here.

The X-designation is damn interesting and tragic. I love how our theories were right and wrong at the same time about that. (Again, before I read it I thought about a certain situation and exactly THIS happened. Felt like Godfather then.. Very Happy) The things that are said about Siennas past are the most traumatizing I've read in the series so far - Considering this, I really think that she and Hawke should have gotten more than just one book, even more since there WAS lots of Lara, Walker, Judd, Brenna, Lucas, Sascha and Baby (Yupp calling the baby Baby till the book is released xD). There was simply not enough time for some things to happen. It was too.. quick for me. Although sometimes not quick enough.

Okay, um, the not-romantic plot:

Some fuckers try to take SD down. Again. But they get better every time and there are only a few people who can help now. One of them being Sienna, who can't risk getting out of the closet, since Ming would know she's alive as soon as someone got her mental signature. Now imagine Hawke allowing her to do just that, defending them all. Huh, you see the temper rising? Very Happy The plot in this book is really good. It is teling us more about the Psy, it's quicker, has more content and damn, there are two Psy-scenes (one including Nikita, the other one the Arrows) that got me. Real bad.

We all wondered about Lucs and Saschas baby. Well, Baby is cute, everyone loves Baby. Even Hawke. Who'd have thoguht Hawke would love Baby, Lucas baby? You notice how much I use this stupid name I gave the baby? Someone stop me, Baby wouldn't like me making fun of her/him... um, yeah, well he or she is, as far as I can tell, both. A Psy-Changeling.. that did sound stupid. I mean a Changeling with Psy-powers. Or a Psy that can shapeshift. So nothing about which genes are more dominant, which is exactly what Singh said in an interview, right? I think so.. well, whatever, at least we didn't see Baby doing some lethal stuff. Till now. =] (I still want to see a girl going all She-Hulk. Damn, Sienna! Why didn't you go She-Hulk?)

Now. What I really liked:

Seeing Sienna with other juveniles/people, with e.g. Kit. Plus: Her POV, need I say more?
SD loves Hawke. We knew they respected him, knew that e.g. Indigo loved him, but in this book we see more of it.
LaraxWalker's story. It's damn cute.
Baby being born plus learning about Psys giving birth.
Dancing
Don't get shot-Drew-jokes (xD)
Heartbreaking moment one and two.
Weed. No, there is no weed, but I like the thought. Do you see Hawke stoned? Sienna stoned would be funny, but Hawke? Imagine him giggling. Well, okay, since this didn't happen in the book.. it should be on my "what I didn't like"-list..

What I didn't like:

The lack of embarrassing scenes, e.g. Hawke stoned.
Drew not pushing. I really hoped to see everyone mocking Hawke and Sienna about their whatever-they-have, but duh! I was dissappointed, just a little, but still.
KoS being only one book.

-- okay, that's it for now. Very Happy

Last edited by Patricia on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Uh, just noticed there was something in my inbox.

So here is my question (I'll try to stick with just this one, as I'd feel bad sending you too many, & I doubt you'd be able to answer most of my BIG questions, as they are probably major spoilers)....

What is Hawke's last name? It's been driving me CRAZY forever! And if you can't answer that question, can you give me some hints about it. For instance,

A.) Has it been mentioned in past books and I never noticed it?
B.) It's not SnowDancer, correct? (I think that would be pretty lame if it was)
C.) What letter does it start with?
D.) Is it embarrassing?

Thanks a lot!

ps. Any other quotes are also welcomed. ;-)

Yup, we will learn his last name but it's on the LAST fucking page, even the last sentence, which made me crazy xD

A. No, it has never been.
B. No xD Hawke Snowdancer is .. well, like D. xD
C. Naah, can't do that.. but it's short and it's quite.. um.. well.. obvious. But only in hinsight.
D. Nope, I like it. Sienna does, too (btw this conversation happens BEFORE his name is finally revealed):

Spoiler:

Quote I posted already:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Katherine on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler tags)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Just got my ARC Foto0012

It says:

For Patricia,
I hope you enjoy!!
With the warmest
best regards from
New Zealand

* Nalini

Just got my ARC Foto0010

Okay, the sun is up, I'm gonna get some sleep. (Yup, 6:40 a.m., I'm sleeping.. ._.)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:55 am

Thank you so much for this quotes and everything. You're amazing!
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by evedallas Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:28 am

Thank you so much and after what you have been through you deserve the book. Hope things are better for you now and damn I gotta stop spoiling myself.

evedallas

Back to top Go down

Just got my ARC Empty Yay!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 am

Thnx for all the little details. I am just going to head to my classes, but what a fine, fine way to make my day all sunny and interesting.
And I think I`m gonna love Baby. Who wouldn`t?

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:27 am

Aw, I'm so glad you like it.

If Hawke loves Baby.. yeah, who wouldn't? I think even Nikita might start loving Baby.. There was some serious Nikita-shit in the book.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Just got my ARC Empty thanks

Post by degdelta Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:33 am

you've danced around letting too much out while hinting at other things that make me smile in relief that they will be addressed.

mad envy that you got an ARC. (whine, snivel - I want one!!!)

oh well.

again, thanks

D

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:55 am

Oh.. maybe I should delete what I wrote.. Too spoilery? :/
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 am

nope, as said, enough hints without letting the cat out of the bag and making me smile to know that some of my questions will be addressed.

you're good with me

D

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:03 am

puuh! Smile good.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Patricia, could you tell us, if it's not too spoilery, what is your favorite quotes or moments in the book? Do we get to know Kit a little better?
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Hey! Smile

Yup, we get a scene from Kit's POV which I really adore. It contains him contemplating losing some parts of his anatomy.

My favourite quote.. Uh, thats hard. A not-too-spoilery one would be that one:

Why the difference she didn't know . . . until they got beside the SUV, and he leaned down to growl, "You smell of another man."

(At least one of my fav HawkexSienna-moments)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Oh God...Oh god!..... You know that I adore you right now, right?
yeah, Kit... should be careful with Hawke....

Do we get to know why Sienna's mom killed herself? And how does that affected Sienna and Toby?
Thank you sooooo much!
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Yup, there's quite a bit about her mom and her reasons. Smile

You're welcome! =)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Ahhhhhh....so good! I love it when Hawke get's jealous. It's just damn sexy.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Yummie! Really, the only thing that I miss is the lack of mocking Sienna/Hawke. I was sooo sure someone would say something. xD Maybe I haven't read the book attentive enough. Yeah, that's it. Have to read the book again. It's not my fault, really!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Just got my ARC Empty Pleeease

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Can we get sth about Sascha and Lucas? Just some bits and pieces of their conversations. I know Sienna and Hawke are a great new hit, but I love these two. Please?

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:56 pm

I guess there really isn't any mocking because they both are soo...well tortured people. I mean why mess with a guy who quite possibly lost his mate...and when he finally meet's his mate (assuming its sienna...hopefully) than u don't really wanna talk shit and mock about it. No

But yeah, a little teasing would've been good. Im sure Singh will add a bit of mockery in the next few books. She probably just wanted to keep the book serious. But that's just my opinion. =]

BTW! If you really are gonna give us another quote why not throw in a sexy laraxwalker quote....XD
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Patricia,
AMAZING REVIEW!!! =) I read it this morning before I had to leave for work & couldn't comment on it until now. It totally made my day and was quite hilarious too, esp. the "Some fuckers try to take SD down." LMAO! =)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:37 pm

twixter_tea wrote:I guess there really isn't any mocking because they both are soo...well tortured people. I mean why mess with a guy who quite possibly lost his mate...and when he finally meet's his mate (assuming its sienna...hopefully) than u don't really wanna talk shit and mock about it. No

But yeah, a little teasing would've been good. Im sure Singh will add a bit of mockery in the next few books. She probably just wanted to keep the book serious. But that's just my opinion. =]

BTW! If you really are gonna give us another quote why not throw in a sexy laraxwalker quote....XD

I totally agree that that is probably why. I was hoping for it as well though, esp. from Drew or even Riley. Darn. Well, at least everything else sounds perfect! =)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum