The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my ARC

+42
Scotch
mj
Elaine
Grainne
BlueQueen
whynot9
monadh
nols
gaby2292
catikins
Paula Patience
Daliah
Rageane
Lisa
Schainize
devilsworld
schokoladenliebhaber
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
cheebee
erena1101
Sarah18
tabitha
Bella171901
KittyKat
Louise
Serena
silverdezz
KTL
kitarad
FashionSparkles
CK90
cdnreader
Zory
degdelta
evedallas
Jane
twixter_tea
CASTLES04
TracyTheOncer
Patricia
46 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just got my ARC - Page 31 Empty Re: Just got my ARC

Post by Nina Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Whoa... I'm glad no one is paying attention to me right now. I'm laughing and fairly positive my face is in some weird contortion.

I'm not too scared about being disappointed with KoS. I've never been much of a Hawke fan, so if he annoys me in KoS I'll just chalk it up to me not liking overly arrogant canines.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:03 pm

I think that is the problem with books these days..the publishers cut them to 400 pages or so when what we really want is around 1000 to really get the book we want to read. Like Zadist and Bella - I am so glad Ward went back and wrote that other book on them and Nalla. I wish other authors would do that. I don't know if any of you read Christine Feehan's Ghostwalkers but they are all having babies and I want to read about some of that (although her new books are not so good anymore Razz)
Anyway please please please can we have a spoiler Smile Anyone? I have a super crabby baby here and could use something to make me smile Smile

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:25 pm

"YOU MOTHAFUCKA, GET AWAY FROM ME, I'M GUNNA MARRY KIT, HE'S YOUNGER THAN YOU AND THEREFOR DOESN'T FALL ASLEEP AS SOON AS HE COMES, YO!"

affraid I love the screaming face and I'm going to use it again. Hawke doesn't get hit by the zzzzzzz's as soon as he finishes, right? We've been told he doesn't sleep much and he's a wolf-man in his prime! He can keep going if he wants! Seriously, if he does sleep I hope it's because his demons are soothed because of his relationship with Sienna.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:34 pm

So, this is going to be damn spoilerish, don't read it if you don't want to know what happens the first time Sienna and Hawke are having sex.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Ya can't do this to me! I'm at work & snorting away. There's absolutely no way either can fall asleep quickly during their first encounter. It's a monumental event! Can you confirm - by way of several reviewers in GR - that Hawke likes to destroy all fabric items on Sienna? Maybe that's a nice TRUE spoiler!

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Sssht, don't spoil my spoilers! ;D

Hmmmmmm.. If the others said that, it has to be true, but I don't recall it. (Read too much the last month, everything's confusing right now. I already accused my mother of stealing my weed. Not kidding. (And I don't even HAVE any weed!!!) >_<)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Uh huh. right. No weed at all?

drunken <- Patricia

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by catikins Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Patricia - you are a legend - roflmao - sure you haven't got any.....weed I mean, we could all share a giant, international reefer and be very chilled!!! Neutral
catikins
catikins

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Baked. Like yesterday's lasagna.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Lasagna.. -starts daydreaming- Wait.. it's 11.40 pm. -starts dreaming- asdflkluhqwecrfhjkalsd <- head on keyboard.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Nalini posted another quote, yay! =)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionSparkles Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 pm

omg, oh my, *fans herself* i fell in loooovee with that quote......hmmmm wonders what his reaction is gonna be....anyone want to indulge and guess theeee-heeeee. affraid
FashionSparkles
FashionSparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 pm

I had this idea of what Sienna's personality was like from the glimpses of her in the other books - sorta Faith, Sascha, and Judd rolled into one person or something. Judging from all of the quotes we've gotten I think I was waaaaaayyyy off the mark.

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:27 am

FashionSparkles wrote:omg, oh my, *fans herself* i fell in loooovee with that quote......hmmmm wonders what his reaction is gonna be....anyone want to indulge and guess theeee-heeeee. affraid

It´s nothing you would expect, promise that Wink

@ Patricia: Sorry?? Didn´t mean to make you feel bad Very Happy Daddy issues again? Mail me, and I tell you what an idiot your dad is - then I tell you what an idiot my dad is Evil or Very Mad
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:32 am

quote from Patricia:

I don't know if this is really the thing. Someone else said it already and I didn't disagree, but no. I want her and him to be happy and it seems they have to be together to be happy (which is a sad thing, because I'd rather be indipendent than in a relationship that is the main reason for my happiness). So, no, the outcome is okay. But between the happy ending and the "okay, come on, hot sex now." should've been a scene where Sienna is all like:

"YOU MOTHAFUCKA, GET AWAY FROM ME, I'M GUNNA MARRY KIT, HE'S YOUNGER THAN YOU AND THEREFOR DOESN'T FALL ASLEEP AS SOON AS HE COMES, YO!"

You know? -serious face-

Know what you mean... I had hoped for a scene like this as well Twisted Evil
But she was so in love and thankful that he was with her - Sienna, he would have begged on his knees (after ripping out someones throat). Why didn´t you made him do that? Mad
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:03 am

Yes, why?
Patricia, I started laughing so hard, I almost spilled my coffee all over my computer!
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:17 am

LMFAO!!!!! Exclamation Laughing

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 am

For those of us who are too lazy to always visit the blog, here is the quote Nalini posted:

Spoiler:

I didn't like the scene, btw. Felt weird.. Especially the shoe-thing. I doN't care about boots, actually one can still wear them.. in bed.. Riley. Um, no wait, what was that about? *confuses herself*

Whatever, I'm dancing the Sushidance and I'm much sexier than Sienna is, cause I don't wear any boots or trousers at all *dances around in the tshirt that she slept in (which really is SO NOT sexy, but ftw)*

Ach, I have daddy issues all the time. Eating a sandwich "Oh what would my daddy say? Ah, I know >You gunna be fat and there is no fat asian girl in this town so don't you dare be the first one!<" Doin my homework (math). "Oh, I'm so stupid, what would my daddy say? Ah, yes: >You're so stupid, everyone I know (including my 4 yrs old son)'d have finished that in 5 minutes, but you need half an hour and still don't get it right! You're a filthy excuse for a daughter and I'm so happy that I finally have a son with H.,a woman that could be your sister, agewise. Oh did I mention her birthday is on the same day as yours? Funny, isn't it? Now get lost.<"

Nah, actually he's a nice guy. Very Happy He wouldn't say those things. Not like that.

*dances the off-topic-dance (and yes, I'm still so damn sexy *faints because she's too damn sexy to stand her own reflection*.)*

Last edited by Patricia on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:51 am

You´re hilarious, Patricia Smile I´m always dancing while sitting on my pc-chair... Have to fix it every hour or so, ´cause one of the screws falls out of its thread (hope, that I spell those words correct, my brain´s a little drunken )

So now I´m waiting for the call that could change my future... God, I´m so excited and afraid to go to the bathroom - it´s not the best place for a job interview *nervous laugh*
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:09 am

God luck for your job interview cheers

I just discovered that our easter holidays at university are one week longer than I expected. I was prepared for classes next week and now I feel stupid because next week are still holidays.....It's not always good to live with one's head in the the clouds
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:09 am

Nina wrote:I had this idea of what Sienna's personality was like from the glimpses of her in the other books - sorta Faith, Sascha, and Judd rolled into one person or something. Judging from all of the quotes we've gotten I think I was waaaaaayyyy off the mark.

I kinda liked Sienna in that scene. She's no longer silent, so there's quite a bit of teasing and mischief in her. And the sensual antics of her young cat and wolf friends must rub off on her, too.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 am

I want more!!!!!!

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:50 am

KTL - it's not that I dislike Sienna in the snippets, I'm just surprised by how off I must be. But then again, I haven't read the book so maybe I'm not as complete an idiot as I'm thinking I am right now. *grumbles again about stupie-head ARC winners* *sulks like a 13 year old* There needs to be an emoticon for trowing a tantrum, sorta bounce + Evil or Very Mad

The boot/thigh thing was a little weird to me. Buuuut, hat's probably because I don't have the context of the quote. I've never met a person that strokes their own thigh, though...

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Oh, I do that all the time. In chemistry, when my teacher is looking.. and look at that, I got straight A's last when I wore that top with a neckline that was.. um.. well.. No further details. :>
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Oh and Good Luck, Sarah!! <3
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down