The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Watch.

+10
tabitha
Katherine
Sarah18
Schainize
Nina
TracyTheOncer
Rageane
Serena
Patricia
twixter_tea
14 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Movie Watch. Empty Movie Watch.

Post by twixter_tea Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:08 pm

I know I already made a thread about some books. But I realized that while I LOVE to read, my second greatest love is watching movies and TV SHOWS!!

I'll start XD.

I saw Battle: LA. Hated it.
Saw Rango: Pretty good, but somehow I don't see it as a kid's movie despite it being animated.
I finally saw UP. It was adorable but I was hoping for something MORE EPIC. Kind of like Wall-E was epic. Though I do miss old-school Disney. (My favorite being 'Beauty and the Beast')

Anyone see any good movies lately? Old? New? Classic? Animated?
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Movie Watch. Empty Re: Movie Watch.

Post by Patricia Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 am

TV-Series: Nikita. I'm so loving it xD
Movie: None lately.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:08 am

I want to watch Winter's Bone. Has anyone seen it? Today I'll go watch Sucker Punch.
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 pm

I just saw Sucker Punch..not an award winning epic, but some pretty awesome effects and soundtrack. The story was interesting to say the least...I liked it.

I also saw Black Swan....worth every award it won and I loved it!!

As for TV, I am a faithful follower of Bones, Castle, House, and CSI Las Vegas. I also try to follow Leverage, Glee, Nikita, and Warehouse 13.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:20 pm

I tried to get into Nikita but I just couldn't.

I do lovveee Sons of Anarchy. Most bad-ass show ever.

I wanna see Suckerpunch but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. I want it to be as EPIC as I imagined it should be...*sad*

I saw Black Swan and I didn't love it. BUT, I admit Natalie Portman's acting was incredible. She deserved the Oscar, no doubt. But the movie itself..meh.
I just felt like she either really needed a boyfriend or a best friend...cause she was straight up loco.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Sucker Punch was pretty epic, but the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be...and that is all that I am saying.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:33 pm

You know, I never really got into movies. It's like with stand-alone-novels. You start to love the heroes and then BÄM *dümdidüm* THE END *tatatatam*. xD Black Swan.. isn't that the movie with Natalie Portam.. wait, my tumblr-dashboard is full of those little cute .img's of her saying: BECAUSE I'M THE SWAN QUEEN! And above it always a little message (those little tumblrettes have a damn twisted humor, but I can't come up with a good example, soo...) like: "My parents:'Why didn't you do your homework?"" x)

Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Rageane wrote:Sucker Punch was pretty epic, but the ending wasn't what I wanted it to be...and that is all that I am saying.

I was debating whether or not to see this movie. I ended up seeing Limitless instead. I think I made the right decision then because I hate when movies don't end the way I want them to. I'll probably rent Sucker Punch from the library that way I won't be disappointed.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:37 pm

*cough* illegal downloading won't dissapoint you either *cough*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Movies is a reason for living. It makes me forget how crappy my day is, or how I wish I could be a an 007 girl (without getting killed).

Rageane...maybe you can tell me a teensy weensy more? How was Emily Browning? I love herrrr, I hope she did welll in this movie. THAT IS ALL I ASK. Please?
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Oh oh oh! You saw Limitless? Bradley Cooper is so sexy. How was he? How was the movie? DETAILS WOMAN.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Bradley has such pretty blue eyes; they remind me of Hawe's, lol! ;-) I enjoyed it, as it was a different type of movie from what I'm used to seeing. Basically, it's about a drug that can make someone really productive....At the same time, it's a little predictable. (I mean, he's taking a drug; what does he think is going to happen to him?) It has some pretty neat special effects, and I liked the action. One of my students saw it & loved it, so I was like, "Whelp, I gotta see it now." I think she was more enthusiastic about it than me. However, it definitely wasn't a bad movie, and it ends well enough too. Thus, I'd recommend checking it out sometime, either at the show or renting it.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Sooo....any chance anyone here watches the show Sparatcus: Blood and Sand or Gods of the Arena? Kind of like the epic movie 300?
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 pm

I've seen it; have you?
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:58 pm

YEP. Im on the last episode of the prequel for Gods of the Arena. I can't stand Gannicus. What he did to Doctore is UNFORGIVABLE.

I love the show, btw. You?
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:06 pm

It's a total guilty pleasure. And yeah, I agree about what he did. That show has the craziest plots....but the guys are fine....well most of them, lol, (not Batiatus & the villains).
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 pm

And they separated Crixius & Naevia too, which I'm still pissed off about. I'm hoping they reunite, but I have a feeling they'll kill off Naevia next season.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Spartacus is SEXY. Gannicus is attractive. Varro was adorable. GREAT CAST.

YES. Plots ARE FRICKIN CRAZY. I'm kinda sad though. The priginal sparatcus has non-hodgkin's lymphoma and he wont be in the 2nd season. They got a new spartacus. NOT HAPPY.

I'm pretty sure they will reunite cause she's gonna be in the next season, except differen't actress. =[ CRIXIUS! I loved him and Naevia! At fist he was annoying but then he was so innocent and adorable with her...and i was all ''ahh my heart is all a flutter''
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Exactly! And yeah, I'm not happy about the recast of Spartacus (well, I mean, they kind of had to do so considering). Andy was so awesome in it though! And yeah, I heard they are getting a different actress for Naevia too. I'm not sure if they announced who is taking her place yet...must go search the web...

Last edited by TracyTheGleek on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Not finding it....
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:41 pm

they haven't annouced the new girl's name yet...probably wanna keep it a surprise till the premiere or they haven't found the right actres...which would be weird considering the studio already told us the name of the new spartacus...hmm...
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:00 am

meh, did you already notice who they cast in the hunger games? just scroll down and look at the pictures: http://urbanreading.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/movie-the-hunger-games-cast/
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:10 am

Grr...the boys just totally don't fit the images I have of Peeta and Gale. Jennifer Lawrence is ok, she just has to dye her hair. A blonde Katniss would suck.
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 am

- might get spoilery -

Don't care about her hair-color, buut Malese (Anna, The Vampire Diaries) had a point when she said that in a gazillion years there won't be many blond-haired-blue-eyed-people. Actually a friend of mine read an article and it said that in about 100 years the last natural blond woman will be born in Finland or something like that. Soooo..
I think they lack the edgy feeling, if that even makes sense. They don't really look kick-ass and seriously, Katniss IS kick-ass. Gale is, too. And Peeta. Well, to me he was.. not like the actor that will play him. I am not thaaat much disappointed, since I was always Team-Switzerland with a little Gale-tendency (because I know that while Katniss might need Peeta, I'd probably need a Gale. Well, whatever..) but he's just not the one I'd have imagined to be Peeta. He lacks the.. tenderness and the shoulders..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:57 am

TracyTheGleek, so i actually took time out of my day to look at this Liam guy who's playing spartacus. Not happy. He doesn't 'edgy' enough...

OH! Did you watch the show 'The Walking Dead'?? Quite possibly the only show i've ever seen that makes me question biochemical weapons and dead people.
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum