The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for

+23
TheFLuff
Daliah
Patricia
lappyloo13
Bella171901
TracyTheOncer
Krista1202
twixter_tea
lia
cheebee
arne
Lorraine
lanilani26
starfire101
Madhura
Rageane
sephora
degdelta
ConvertMePlease
tabitha
CyndeB
kooritsuki
Katherine
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for Empty Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for

Post by Katherine Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Sahara.
In Visions of Heat, Faith says that Sahara had disappeared five years before. Since then about a year and a half has passed. Kaleb has been looking for someone for six years, five months, and three weeks.

My Prediction:
He is looking for Sahara.

Last edited by Katherine on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for Empty Re: Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for

Post by kooritsuki Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Interesting theory. It could be her or perhaps other people who also disappeared for the same reason.
kooritsuki
kooritsuki

http://romancenovelsreviews.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for Empty Re: Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for

Post by Katherine Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:22 am

I suppose it could be someone else, but I really hope (and really think) that its Sahara.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CyndeB Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:56 am

She was of the Night STAR clan right? Perhaps they have a charm like Zieyung (from HtP old guy that pretended to be Keenan's "father"?) does? Remember he gave coins to certain reliable persons? Maybe Nightstar has something similar?

CyndeB

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:55 am

True, this would be kind of cool Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by ConvertMePlease Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:21 am

Unless Sahara was killed then someone with power and ability is blocking her star from the net like Ming did with Katya. Otherwise, even if they are not "in" the net itself, another Psy should be able to see her star just like the Lauren family. Even though they weren't "surfing the net" their stars still disappeared when they cut the link so now everyone (in the net) thinks they are dead.
ConvertMePlease
ConvertMePlease

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 am

please tell which page on which Sahara mentioned. have been going back and referencing but missed that

Denice

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 am

Somewhere in the middle third of Visions of Heat. I don't have my book handy so I can't tell you the page number. But Faith says that she disappeared five years earlier.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kooritsuki Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:47 am

I don't know the page number since I read it on the Kindle, but it's when Faith was talking to Anthony after she defected. Anthony was offering her to continue forecasting for Psy businesses and they begin to discuss the money side of compensation. It was said that she wants the money to possibly help with finding Sahara, her cousin, and others who disappeared off the net.
kooritsuki
kooritsuki

http://romancenovelsreviews.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Intriguing thought..and a gud observation..i didnt even remember sahara until u mentioned VoH.....Hmmm....
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:25 pm

i overlooked the part with Faith thinking of what to do with her money. went back and looked (P. 316).

so Faith thinks Sahara might be a captive somewhere. intriguing.

if Sahara is who Kaleb is looking for she would've been 15 to his 22 at the time of her 'abduction'.

the next thing to wonder is, if she's been held captive all this time, who's got her and what condition is she in?

more stuff to think about.

D

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:48 pm

degdelta wrote:
if Sahara is who Kaleb is looking for she would've been 15 to his 22 at the time of her 'abduction'.

the next thing to wonder is, if she's been held captive all this time, who's got her and what condition is she in?

more stuff to think about.

D

I am wondering if maybe she was taken by Enrique, escaped...and then was picked up by Ming and held in one of his "rooms" like Katya was...just a thought...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:37 am

i can't think why Ming would hold Sahara for so long. there has been no indication that he has anyone under long term captivity (except some Arrows).

also, she is of the Nightstar clan, and he has no reaction to Anthony Kyriakus, which, even though he is Silent he would be somewhat wary if he was holding one of Anthony's children captive.

personally, if Sahara is still around i don't think it's Ming that has her.
(and now that we've embraced her, i hope she's still around.)

Denice

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:20 am

okay, was just going through some of the other topics and came across an earlier discussion about Sahara where someone postulated she was actually being hidden by the Nightstar clan.

that would actually make sense, particularly if she was once a victim of Enrique, or any other psycho. they would want to keep her hidden if she survived because it would almost assuredly mean she was 'flawed', possibly might even have broken Silence.

this would also give Anthony a reason for becoming one of the rebels.

more to think about.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:50 pm

I agree. I think it is Sahara as well. In fact, I think this will be the first Psy-Psy book we will see, with Sahara and Kaleb.

By the way, anyone else feels that Kaleb might not be truly silent?

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:56 pm

If he was the Tk who rescued Annie from the train wreck then he's not completely silent.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by starfire101 Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:50 pm

If Kaleb was looking for Sahara, he wouldn't have let Enrique use her.

I think he's looking for Sienna. It would fit years if u looked at it right. and the fact that the books have been on-off with Sienna and Kaleb, somethings gotta happen. we know little about Sienna's life before defection somethings got to blow over.

P.S. I so wanna know if Sienna will let her designation known during said war

starfire101

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhura Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Do we know that Enrique was the one who caused Sahara's disappearance? I always thought that Enrique actually broke Kaleb's Silence, and he has been pretending all along.

Madhura

Back to top Go down

Post by lanilani26 Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:22 pm

I doubt it's Sienna, because if Kaleb is the ghost, then he knows where Judd is. That would not fit with the Kaleb's-the-Ghost theory. Unless, of course, he doesn't know Judd is Judd, which is highly unlikely. Judd never hides his face, and it's darn obvious Judd is an Arrow Off the PsyNet (not that many, I think).

But Sahara, not the first time hearing her name, but it certainly feels like it =D I love this, now I have a reason to reread VoH. =D
lanilani26
lanilani26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 pm

IIRC, the Ghost knows exactly who Judd is.

I think Kaleb may be mated to a changeling, (without the bond having been finalized), or else he's in love with whoever is the owner of the platinum star charm.

Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by lanilani26 Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Okay, so we think Kaleb was the psy who help get Annie out of the wreck train (right?), maybe he was there because the 'platinum star charm' owner is there. Maybe some1 else he help get out, it could be either psy or changeling, but since he'd been looking for her INSIDE the psynet, then i think is a psy.
lanilani26
lanilani26

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:47 am

I think also it`s Sahara. In Play of Passion Henry is thinking about the fact that his wife maybe gott her own Pet F-Psy. Maybe it`s Sahara. It will be a Reason for Kaleb to join the Fight against Pure Psy.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:49 am

Oh I hadn't thought of that. Yep I'd bet a hundred dollars it's Saharah.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by lia Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Oh, wow, I never even thought about Sahara! Never made the connection between her disappearance time and Kaleb's searching, but that would explain the star charm Kaleb carries around (for NightStar).

No one else has mentioned this, and I don't think I've seen it discussed anywhere else, but in CbI, when Nikita is running her background check on Kaleb, she comes across a weird decline in his power that I think fits the time line too. The decline correlates with Enrique's capture of a swan changeling, and I always thought that she was Kaleb's mate and he went crazy because Enrique was torturing her.

The exact quote: A changeling female—a swan—had disappeared seven days before Kaleb’s logged decline. And the decline had begun approximately twenty-four hours after Kaleb returned from one of those unexplained absences, likely times when he’d been with Enrique. (CbI, p. 326 in my ebook version)

Earlier it mentions that the decline occurred when Kaleb was 16... any thoughts?

lia

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:31 pm

where in PoP does it say that Henry's wife has a 'her own pet psy'? missed that

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next