The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for

+23
TheFLuff
Daliah
Patricia
lappyloo13
Bella171901
TracyTheOncer
Krista1202
twixter_tea
lia
cheebee
arne
Lorraine
lanilani26
starfire101
Madhura
Rageane
sephora
degdelta
ConvertMePlease
tabitha
CyndeB
kooritsuki
Katherine
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for - Page 4 Empty Re: Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for

Post by Yurice Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:10 am

When I said white bits, I didn't mean the 'stars', but the sclera of the eyes. It's hard to explain so I took an image instead:
Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for - Page 4 Eyesy

So yeah, even if the picture on the right says where the eyes are supposed to be looking, we can't see where. lol!
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for - Page 4 Empty Re: Prediction: I know who Kaleb is looking for

Post by Patricia Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:21 am

Yes, I know. Those are the parts that I personally imagine being there. But Nalini said somewhere that the whole eye is black. I think.. damn, now I'm not sure anymore.. Wait.. Ah, here:

And I love that picture. xD

*Click on the quotes to go to the comments.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Oh dear lord, I'm speechless! ^^;
Good thing Nalini didn't include that description in the book, there's no way not to visualize the cardinal eyes that way if she had wanted the readers to.
I'd stick to the night sky irises, we're given license to visualize how we want to. Laughing

And, thank you for the link! <3
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:43 am

Yurice, If you keep with the opinion of the iris being the only part that is black, then the whole contact lenses not working with disguises gets debunked. Every cardinal that has gone underground can not use contacts to hide themselves.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:45 am

Let her have her own picture... as long as it´s within her level of make belief, it´s fine Wink

And she doesn´t seem to mind.. so..

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Well, they did make some sort of contact lenses that worked, and going by Nalini's alien eyes, that would mean it encompassed the whole eye...I don't know how that would work either, because somehow, someway, they'd have to cover the whole eye, or the black edges would show through if the cardinal looks to the left or right, er it's hard to explain...let me just say that the amount of sclera visible when looking sideways is different than when looking straight forward and I can't imagine how a lens would go beyond into the sockets themselves just to ensure full coverage. Yeowch! T_T

I always attributed difficulty to cover the cardinal eyes to the stars, I imagined them twinkling or more eerily - actually shining. And lenses have to be ultra thin, or they'd get scraped off the eye each time the person blinks...so yeah...light shines through, giving away the stars.^^;

Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Yeah, the whole contact lens thing was what convinced me they just have solid black irises.

But then again, when you have hover-cars maybe an all-encompassing contact lens is possible. Sounds uncomfortable....

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm

I assume that it's just the irises that are black with stars as Nalini makes several comments of how both Judd and also Cruz's 'normal' eyes have many of the cardinal qualities when you look at them closely.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Yeah, the whole contact lens thing was what convinced me they just have solid black irises.

Me, too. Although I still pretend they have "normal" eyes, much like tabitha said. I mean.. yes, the Nalini did say that they have fully black eyes, buuuut..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:57 am

I don't think that Kaleb is looking for Sahara. Ok here comes the expeculation.
So Sahara disappeared when she was 15 and Kaleb was 22/23? What possible contact could they have?
I think that maybe Kaleb is looking for that swan changeling. He had the breakdown when the swan disappeared, maybe he helped her escape and took her to her house (the one he believes himself as a keeper), and probably taught her how to shield or how to contact his mind...
Maybe someone was watching/studying Kaleb and knew about the relationship Kaleb had with the swan and kidnapped /took her to use her against Kaleb.
Maybe Ming, since he is losing the control over the arrows to Kaleb, maybe his last weapon is one against Kaleb, and since Ming is really powerful with shields maybe he is shielding her so Kaleb doesn´t find her (like he did with Katya, I think)
Maybe they are mated (ok, ok this is just me dreaming Razz ) but psy-changeling couples have a telephathic bond, don't they?

Well, it's my theory, but then again I don´t want to see Kaleb with another psy. If it is Sahara she must be extremely silent and probably hurt and Kaleb needs someone to make him see that he isn´t evil and someone to "warm" him. Besides psy-changeling couples are hot Twisted Evil .
And Kaleb is extremely powerfull, Soshana is not and probably she is the one having Sahara captive.

Do we know anything about the swan? Her name? Where is her pack from?
Did Nalini ever said anything about the swan or about Sahara? If we are going to know more about them?

We still have a long, long road till we can read Kaleb´s book don´t we? Sad
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:16 pm

No INfo on the Swan. And it doesn´t add up with the start of Kalebs search.
That date might be a red herring, though. Perhaps, he wasn´t able to search before that date.
In one of the books it´s said, that the net mind is hiding his quarry from him and he´s searching the net for hints of her, so she has to somehow be connected to the net.

But! in Branded by fire, after he killed the human alliance attack squad at his house, he says something about the mark on his arm and that it´s connected to one of Santanos murders, something along the lines of "there had to be pictures somewhere, Enforcement had processed Enriques crime scene"

I´m not totally convinced about Sahara either, but the problem is, that both, Sahara and the swan changeling were mentioned in passing.
Sahara in a by sentence Faith said and the swan changeling as proof that Kalebs fluctuations coincided with Santanos kills.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Imagine: We're all speculating about the swan and in the end Kaleb 'simply' had this breakdown because it was his first real kill. Or blah, I don't know.

There are, for important and successful Psys many ways to meet. I mean.. it's like the freaking internet. How could I possible have been in contact with any of you? But we do share our thoughts here.

What if Sahara was interested in something and Kaleb picked it up? Or, wasn't she a F-Psy? What if she foresaw something and contacted him? Or if she saw something bad happening and ran from him?

I'm not saying it's Sahara, because I actually have no idea about the time and how the dates might or might not fit, but right now almost everything is possible.

His breakdown back then is an understandable reaction. He was a kid and whatever happened back then couldn't have been good. Enr.. what was hisname, ah, Enrique. Well, the guy was a psychopath and although he seems to have done some pretty horrible things while Kaleb was there,I suppose the swan was somewhat special. Maybe very pure, maybe just very talented. And while for some people it's easier to handle some random stranger to die it might 'reach' them if a beautiful person is tortured. Who knows if Kaleb, back then, was that way?

Or maybe Enrique just tortured both of them. Made Kaleb connect with the girl's mind and then, who knows, tickled the hell out of her.

Is it a fact that the swan was a girl?

.. I need to reread the books. Damn.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Santano Enrique killed only female changelings.

So yes, she was.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Gah, logische Schlussfolgerung. Damn.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:50 pm

jupp, thought the same Wink
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:59 am

Patricia wrote:What if Sahara was interested in something and Kaleb picked it up? Or, wasn't she a F-Psy? What if she foresaw something and contacted him? Or if she saw something bad happening and ran from him?

The only thing we know as fact about Sahara is that she is related to Faith, and that she worked in the lower rungs of the Council. There is absolutely no mention of what her powers were, or whether or not she contacted anyone who is a major player of the story. Oh and I do believe it was assumed she was a victim of one of the other "needed" mass murderer's that the council has on leashes...
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 am

Ok, so this review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/285796617?utm_medium=email&utm_source=comment_instant#comment_47217975 says that the online theory about who Kaleb was searching for was on the money... so I'm thinking that she is talking about the theories that Jane from Dear Author wrote on her web site... which means that Kaleb is actually looking for Sahara, right?

Here is the link for the Theories in Dear Author - http://dearauthor.com/features/letters-of-opinion/theories-on-kaleb-krychek-the-man-the-mystery-the-romance

What do you all think?
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Ever since hearing about the Sahara theory way-back-whenever, that's who I thought Kaleb (and hence/or the ghost) was looking for. There's definitely clues that point to that as well, such as how Kaleb has a "star" pennant or whatever & that would go with her last name, ect. There's also the 6 year time frame that makes sense....

The thing that's getting to me right now is some people who have ARCS of Tangle of Need are saying that they changed their theories about who the ghost is. So now I'm thinking, who did they think it was originally, lol? I always thought Kaleb, but then again, it could be another arrow....What did they think before and what do they think now?
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 am

Yes, I, too, thought Kaleb was(is) the Ghost... because, the arrows we know, meaning Vasic and Aden, Judd knows them well and he saw their faces many, many times before....so...

The people with arc's are saying that the last page is really important....

Oh well, we just have to wait to see... or wait for more people with arc's Very Happy

Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:54 am

People have arcs? I want one!!!!!
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:54 am

Tabitha - I hear you.

Tracy, same here. Smile
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4