The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future books

+18
TracyTheOncer
meredith93
Lisa Jo
cheebee
Lulu2011
Daliah
Sarah18
Scotch
evedallas
Katherine
losellers
Rageane
Nina
tabitha
Serena
devilsworld
Bella171901
Patricia
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Future books - Page 3 Empty Re: Future books

Post by Serena Tue May 31, 2011 10:29 am

Adria isn't Indigo's sister but her aunt. Although Adria is just four years older than Indigo so they could as well be sisters. Adria's lover/parnter Martin can't accept the fact that she is more dominant than him.

Riaz is just slightly below Indigo's rank, he's tall, muscular with jet-black hair and golden - brown eyes.
In Play of Passion he tells Indigo that he found his mate but she was already happily married with a good man, so he left.

He couldn't have meant Adria with that statement, didn't he? Probably not since she is not exactly happy with Martin as far as we can see.
This seems to be a very interesting couple.

Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 am

It does, sorry I got confused. Evie is Indigo's sister Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 am

As of right now, I'm not too interested in Riaz/Adria. I like it when there's a psy in the couple, or a human. Changeling/changeling books in the series have always been my least favorite...

Also, do we have a KoS discussion thread yet?

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue May 31, 2011 11:15 am

No, we don't - just the arc threads Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by evedallas Tue May 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Yeah Changeling/Changeling not my favorite either and I don't want another Indigo and Drew story, since I think Adria is older and a bit more dominant so it will be shades of that and add in Riaz saying he found his mate it will be a bit like Hawke's. Let us see though.

evedallas

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 am

I don't think that Adria is more dominant than Riaz. She's just more dominant than Martin. She has to see something in him, otherwise she wouldn't stay at his side, even if that hurts her. But perhaps she is just stubborn and doesn't want to give up. I wouldn't mind if Adria and Riaz would fall in love without being mated. The only example of happy relationships without mating bond were Nate's parents.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:04 am

I thought Adria and Martin "mated"?!

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:27 am

I thought Adria and Martin were mated too.
Riaz would be more dominant than Adria as he's a Lieutenant.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:28 am

No, they aren't mated. Indigo referred to Martin as Adria's lover, she never calls him mate. And since both have to really accept each other they can't be mated. Since Martin can't accept Adria they way he should.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by evedallas Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:15 am

Serena thanks. I am still not sold on this couple. I really want a great book like I loved Judd and Brenna. Don't get me wrong KoS was great but when I thought about it later, it was far from perfect especially when it came to the main romance between H&S.

I think we need a Psy hero to spice things up a bit.

evedallas

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm also in favour for Psy heroes, but the idea of Riaz, who can't be togehter with his mate and Adria who constantly tries to somehow lessen herself for her partner but fails, because it's just not who she is caught my interest. This could be good stuff.
Serena
Serena

Back to top Go down

Post by evedallas Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:35 pm

It can be good I suppose but I don't want an angsty read with one unable to give and the other giving and giving like H&S I suppose. I think like Patricia my Hawke love is fading a bit. I think I need to go back and read about my Judd and even Vaughn, these men know how to treat a woman right.

evedallas

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:43 am

*loves evedallas*
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:23 am

Patricia wrote:*loves evedallas*

I second that
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by evedallas Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:08 am

Hee..girls I love you too Smile

evedallas

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:24 pm

So, I asked Nalini some questions in the live Facebook chat tonight regarding future storylines.

Tejan will not be getting his own book although he will continue to make appearances in future books.

Cooper and his mate Grace are likely to get a Novella but she hasn't confirmed that she will write about all the remaining unmated SD lieutenants.

She has a story in mind for Kit but no plans for stories for teh much younger characters such as Noor.

The Forgotten will play a bigger part in future books as the Silence starts to fall.

Barker & Rina will not become a couple.

She's not playing to feature any same sex romances although she confirmed my suspicion that she mentions one in KoS.

She mentioned that she has plans for four more books and some spin offs possibly including the Falcons.

When asked if the Russian changeling packs will play a part in any future books (eg Kalebs story) she laughed and said that would be giving a massive spoiler away if she confirmed that.

Venom and Aohdan from the guild hunter series will also be getting their own stories.

Sadly she didn't confirm any plans for Vasic Sad Sad

tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Vasic.. *runs away*

I think I woke up my mom.. God, yes, fuck, she's coming to my room... AAAH I HEAR HER FOOTSTEPS!!!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm

I love Vasic (& Aden) I should have asked if there would be any novels with Arrows or any psy/psy novels.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:48 pm

@tabitha: we'll get a chance someday again Very Happy

@evedallas:
So much love.. *dramatic sigh*

(Didn't want to ruin the dramatic and lovely moment but:)

Okay, is it just me or does someone else, too, has to think about the Black Eyed Peas now?

btw, I know no one cares, because no one loves me and I'm the most depressed person in this world, but well, my mom's been quite funny right now. she came into my room (00.35am or something like that)

"Erbse (=Pea -_-), everything okay with you? Who is Vasic???"

- Well, mommy, Vasic's this guy..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Daliah Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Patricia wrote:btw, I know no one cares, because no one loves me and I'm the most depressed person in this world, [...]
Now that's just not true! All of us love you Patricia Very Happy

Patricia wrote:
[...] but well, my mom's been quite funny right now. she came into my room (00.35am or something like that) "Erbse (=Pea -_-), everything okay with you? Who is Vasic???"

- Well, mommy, Vasic's this guy..
I'm so glad my mom doesn't like to use nicknames^^ The only nickname most people call me is Jule (short for Julia, so not really bad Wink ). Though one guy calls me Juri right now...But I have no idea why o,o

But other than the nickname, that's quite funny Very Happy What did you tell her who Vasic is?^^
Daliah
Daliah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks Tabitha for asking those questions!

I missed the live chat. Darn. I wanted to ask her about the whole mating issue. I get that once the wolf and cat changelings mate, it's forever, it's for life. There is no cheating. They usually don't survive if their mate dies. OK, I'm good with that.

What I'm not clear on is if they only have one possible mate ever OR if there is more than one possible mate out there? It just seemed to me in the earlier books that there was only one mate out there and you needed a certain amount of good luck to find them. Sometimes you're lucky and you're born into the same pack and other times, not lucky, and you have to go out and look for that person. (A lot of the males in the earlier books were sort of, ah, yes, of course she's my mate!)

Also, from what I recall, the females have the last say in the mating dance which means they can turn it down. But does that leave the male unable to mate with anyone else ever? Does that leave the female unable to mate with anyone else either? If it doesn't even get to the mating dance (most likely the case with Riaz) can he move on and look for another mate?

Just kind of confused about this whole thing!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:15 pm

I like the idea of Adria and Riaz and I think that h & s story has left the mating bond open for more interpretation and that Riaz might be giving that a serious think.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm not so sure about Adria and Riaz. It was a real shocker for me. Adria came accross as pretty angry and sad and sort of sharp. I'm willing to give Nalini some room on this though as we only saw Adria in one scene. I'm wondering if Adria might not be the one that Riaz met but thought she was happy with Martin so he left? Adria and Martin didn't live in the den and maybe they put up a good front for outsiders?

Also, I'm expecting at least some fireworks from Adria about Riaz being Indigo's former lover . . . bit awkward at family gatherings. I don't think Riaz is Drew's favorite person either.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:28 am

Lulu2011 wrote:

Also, I'm expecting at least some fireworks from Adria about Riaz being Indigo's former lover . . . bit awkward at family gatherings. I don't think Riaz is Drew's favorite person either.

That would make Riaz Indigo´s uncle... Shocked That´s - God, I don´t even know a word that fits right now
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:31 am

that's a little freaky Very Happy

I feel sorry for both Adria and Riaz.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content