The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future books

+18
TracyTheOncer
meredith93
Lisa Jo
cheebee
Lulu2011
Daliah
Sarah18
Scotch
evedallas
Katherine
losellers
Rageane
Nina
tabitha
Serena
devilsworld
Bella171901
Patricia
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Future books - Page 4 Empty Re: Future books

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:43 am

Yeah, it is, isn't it? I mean, put yourself in Adria's position. Would you like knowing that your husband or significant other had slept with . . . your niece or your virtual sister (since Adria is only 4 years older than Indigo)?

I guess the point is that the wolves and cats have different standards about sex prior to finding their mate. That's been pointed out before, where they can have friends with benefits kinds of relationships with no emotional attachment then move on, like what Hawke was thinking about starting with Rosalie up until he realized only Sienna would do.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 am

Ahahahahahahaha.

"Uncle Riaz, do you remember this one time.."

God, that's too good to be true.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 am

Ahahahaha, even better!!

"Aria, does Riaz still do this thing with his tongue when.."

Ahahahahahahahahaha. I love it!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:51 am

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Imagine Drew's reaction. Wouldn't Riaz now be his "Uncle" too?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Jo Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:53 am

I don't think Adria is the one Riaz met. Riaz metions that his "possible" mate was married to a really great guy and he didn't want to cause either pain since she'd hate herself if she cheated.

I don't think anyone - especially a potential mate - would say Martin is a great guy. Sounds like everyone pretty much thinks he's a douche. Smile

I'd like to see Drew's reaction like you all said. I could see other wolves teasing the shit out of him about Uncle Riaz!

Speaking of future books - I'd like to see/hear more about Jamie and his wild hair! He's only mentioned a few times and in KoS they mention he is roaming in Europe. He is up for future sentinal too... At least a short story.

I'd kind of like to see a ferret changeling. I imagine that they'd be asassins or something...

Lisa Jo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 am

I don't think Riaz called mystery woman his "possible" mate. He just said that he found his mate in PoP but she was married to a good man. It's possible that Adria and Martin were/are married. Maybe they did that to give themselves a sense of permanency when they couldn't have a mating bond? They lived away from the pack, on the Oregon border, so they wouldn't have spent a lot of time around the SnowDancers and it's possible that Martin (the whiny wuss) and Adria could put up a front around others about their relationship.

Just one theory. It's just as likely that Adria isn't the one that Riaz was referring to and it was some other woman.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:20 am

Lulu2011 wrote:I'm not so sure about Adria and Riaz. It was a real shocker for me. Adria came accross as pretty angry and sad and sort of sharp. I'm willing to give Nalini some room on this though as we only saw Adria in one scene. I'm wondering if Adria might not be the one that Riaz met but thought she was happy with Martin so he left? Adria and Martin didn't live in the den and maybe they put up a good front for outsiders?

Also, I'm expecting at least some fireworks from Adria about Riaz being Indigo's former lover . . . bit awkward at family gatherings. I don't think Riaz is Drew's favorite person either.

If I remember correctly, Riaz saw his "Mate" while he was in Europe on his walkabout...and Adria lives in Oregon...not that far from Den territory. So the whole notion that he saw her and left her where she was just doesn't play for me, I think the mating dance starts for them at his welcome home party which also happens to be the one view we had of her...and correct me if I'm wrong but her emotions were on the angry side because she was fighting with Martin again.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:29 am

I think that some readers assumed that Riaz met his mate in Europe as that is where he was coming back from when Indigo picked him up at the airport at the beginning of PoP (though it didn't specifically state where he was flying in from, we just know he'd been in Europe recently for SnowDancer.) A short time after, he and Indigo go out to dinner and Riaz tells Indigo about his mate or possible mate. I think the scene with Adria and Martin was later in the book when Drew was invited to dinner at Indigo's parent's home. That's when Adria questions Drew pretty sharply and Drew picks up on the dynamic between her and Martin.

I'll have to go back and look at that scene of Riaz' homecoming party. I don't recall Adria being there.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:01 am

I think the one he thought was his mate is Drew.. and he was just lying when he said it was a married woman. Yes, he's bisexual. Go rainbows!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by meredith93 Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:02 pm

So . . . what about Alice Eldridge? She must be getting a HEA with someone, right? I am theorizing Matthias -- she's so cerebral and he's so physical. It would be an interesting pairing, don't you think?

meredith93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Patricia wrote:I think the one he thought was his mate is Drew.. and he was just lying when he said it was a married woman. Yes, he's bisexual. Go rainbows!

Did you get enough sleep, darling?? Wink
Poor Indigo´s got a lot of stuff to handle... First Drew, then Tai and Evie and now Riaz and Adria
Drew is the happy one, ´cause he must distract Indigo all the time - I bet he´s got some evil plans Twisted Evil
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:39 pm

tabitha wrote:

She's not playing to feature any same sex romances although she confirmed my suspicion that she mentions one in KoS.

Tabitha, which couple are you referring to?
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotch Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I don't have the book with me here at work, so this is off the top of my head. The suggested same sex couple involved one female pack member who was injured by the first shootout -- her girlfriend was at her sick room bedside and had a brief conversation with Hawke(?). Tabitha, is that who you're thinking of?

Scotch

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Scotch is right. The couple is Ines and Simian (spelling). At the NYC Q+A/signing yesterday, the question of same sex couples was posed. Nalini answered by saying that it exists in the Psy/Changeling world and that if you read carefully you'd find the couple. She didn't specify which couple, but if you've read the book and that scene, I think you can put the two together!

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Yup, it's Ines and Simran I'm referring too Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:18 pm

I missed that part completely! For awhile there, I thought you were talking about another pair, which would have surprised me greatly.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:40 am

Who was the other pair?
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:00 am

Sarah18 wrote:
Patricia wrote:I think the one he thought was his mate is Drew.. and he was just lying when he said it was a married woman. Yes, he's bisexual. Go rainbows!

Did you get enough sleep, darling?? Wink
Poor Indigo´s got a lot of stuff to handle... First Drew, then Tai and Evie and now Riaz and Adria
Drew is the happy one, ´cause he must distract Indigo all the time - I bet he´s got some evil plans Twisted Evil

No, I didn't.. xD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:18 am

meredith93 wrote:So . . . what about Alice Eldridge? She must be getting a HEA with someone, right? I am theorizing Matthias -- she's so cerebral and he's so physical. It would be an interesting pairing, don't you think?

How old is Mathias?
When I read about Matthias in Kiss of Snow, I thought if (and this is a big if) he has his own book I would like to see him with... I don't know someone from DarkRiver... Maybe Rina... since Nalini said that Rina and Barker won't be a couple....
I think Matthias need someone more rebel than Alice... someone that makes him less serious... more relaxed....Razz
What do you guys think?
From all the lieutenants from SnowDancer, who is the most interesting to you? Very Happy
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:11 am

Alice is boring. It would be like giving Nikita a mate. Thank you, but no thanks. No one would want this to read. I think Alice is really old, like 40-50.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Sycorax Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:31 am

I really want an Alice book. A protagonist who had lived in a time before silence would be so cool! From her emails I thought of her as being around 30, not that old, though it's hard to tell. The most logical mate would be a Snow Dancer lieutenant, I suppose.

Much as I love Changlings, I'm interested in seeing more outside their communities. I found Blaze of Memory and Bonds of Justice fascinating because they gave us a wider scope. Like everyone, I want to see more Forgotten and more Arrows. We've only had one Psy hero to five heroines.

The Dear Author review of Kiss of Snow mentions the lack of a positive example of a male submissive. Obviously we're not going to get a submissive male as a romantic hero, but it'd be nice to have some as stronger supporting characters. Someone mentioned wanting to see rather than just hear about a female alpha - I'm with that!

Also, this is my first post - hi!

Sycorax

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 am

Hi sycorax!

I thought Alice was a fairly young woman too but I could be wrong. I'll keep an open mind about her character. Maybe when she grows some hair she'll end up being a super hot young thing, albeit with some memory issues.

Regarding the SD lieutenants, I want to reader Cooper & Grace's story which I guess really could only be a novella at this point, and I'd love a book for Mathias and possibly Alexei (the golden God).
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:08 pm

I thought Alice was pretty young as well. Maybe we can ask Nalini in the future.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Alice is old, it's mentioned a couple of times.

I'd like to see Matthias and Rina Very Happy

I's also like Alexei to get a story.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Tabitha, do you remember where it was mentioned? I just figured her being around 30 maybe, a youngish research scientist emailing her parents. But, she could be old and maybe she won't be a future h, but just a resource to help unravel how to stabilize the Psy Net.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next