The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 32 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by cheebee Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 am

And what about hawks hangOver and the possibility if a and r growing into a bond and what sacrifice did Vasic make for Aden and why can Vasic not be trusted.....so many questions.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 32 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by sephora Wed May 30, 2012 2:04 am

ferdy wrote:
sephora wrote:Im being whiny, I know, but I wish I hadnt read this book.

Spoiler:

Settling for someone, is not ,what a happy ending makes....

My sentiments exactly..I woke up early to finish the book and I wished I hadnt bothered becuase I'm pissed re Adria/Riaz and I'm also tired and cranky. I didn't like Adria/Riaz's resolution, I think they will be readers that are more than happy with Riaz and Adria's HEA but I'm not one of them.. I feel let down.

Spoiler:

I'm going to try and get a few hrs more sleep and then do a quick re read after so I can see if I can poss find the A/R situation more to my liking (it's doubtful that I'll be any happier about them re reading..I suspect if anything I'll be less happy with their HEA.

You explain it all so much better...lol....
Sigh...I respect other peoples differing opinions on this, but for me this pairing was just painful, sad and settling-for-someone..This should have had Grace and Cooper instead of Riza/Adria, coz atleast it wouldnt be so" huh?!? wat the..?!?!" with respect to the mate bond, and frankly I would say the main couple was only there for 45-50 % of the book anyway..and Coop/Grace are getting a novella, which would have fit in here perfect.
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Wed May 30, 2012 2:58 am

sephora wrote: You explain it all so much better...lol....
Sigh...I respect other peoples differing opinions on this, but for me this pairing was just painful, sad and settling-for-someone..This should have had Grace and Cooper instead of Riza/Adria, coz atleast it wouldnt be so" huh?!? wat the..?!?!" with respect to the mate bond, and frankly I would say the main couple was only there for 45-50 % of the book anyway..and Coop/Grace are getting a novella, which would have fit in here perfect.

Yea..In a way I'm glad that there wasn't a lot of Adria/Riaz because their whole story just upset me A LOT..I wish there had been no Adria /Riaz and like you said had Coop/Grace instead.
I just looked back at my previous post and had to edit it..I must have been really tired because I had way more spelling and grammer mistakes than usual:P

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed May 30, 2012 3:03 am

I liked Adria more than I expected.^^
As for their MB...
Who knows? Dalton mentioned that a rejected bond will break down.
What if this is what happened with Hawke? The bond towards Rissa broke up and he was able to mate again. Yes yes I don't want to see it that way, but it's a possibility. If I had my way, I'll push for 'one true mate - Sienna'. ^^
So, in time, maybe...the tug towards Lisette will disappear too, and then Riaz and Adria will be able to mate.

I don't see anything 'unnatural' about Hawke and Sienna's bond, no mating is the same...it just so happen that in their case, it's the man who was fighting the bond, not the girl. xD It still tickles me pink that Hawke carried Sienna's scent before she did his. Twisted Evil

As for ToN, I enjoyed it, loved H&S, loved Judd and the Arrows, even William the Dart is present lol. It does leave me a little unsatisfied about A&R, but then...I'm still high on H&S to be really sad about them.^^

My favorite parts:
The mating ceremony of H&S is my numero uno, though I was a bit surprised they didn't invite at least Lucas and Sascha. The wolves are more private than the cats it seems.^^

Hawke and Riley's drunk scene.

Judd's fanclub!

Riley's good news! That scene is simply beautiful!

Finding out about Kaleb's 'extra' ability.

I'm trying not to sound bias, but every H&S scene made me squeal! Laughing The cookies, when Sienna wanted to join the anchor protection thing, discussing their future babies...Hawke with a hangover. </favoritism>

I may sound demented but I keep on wishing Aden is a girl so s/he and Vasic can be together.

Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed May 30, 2012 3:10 am

My favourite parts were everything with Kaleb, Judd or the Arrows in it Very Happy
& the mating ceremony Smile

tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Wed May 30, 2012 3:10 am

TheFLuff wrote:
Spoiler:

I do get where your coming from with Riaz overcoming his wolf instincts for Adria..because I thought that myself at some points but then I'd read something and it'd just taint my view of R and A..Riaz would say something or other that I felt showed that he hadn't very strong feelings for A, and then he'd comment over and over and over about how much the whole L/mate situation hurt him/was still hurting him..and just the way he described the feeling of the mate tug and how it affected him was just too much..A never elicited that level of feeling for him and that's one of things I can't get past to accept A/R's HEA.
I expect A LOT from my romances and if there's something even slightly off I'll like said romance a lot less..with A/R there's too many things that bug me about it and I know I'll never be satisfied with their HEA no matter how much I concentrate on the positives of their relationship..even if they get bonded in future books I know I still wont be satisfied with them Sad .
I suppose I can't get everything but there was a lot of H/S, M/R and Kaleb goodness that kept me going:)

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Wed May 30, 2012 3:22 am

Yurice wrote:I liked Adria more than I expected.^^
As for their MB...
Who knows? Dalton mentioned that a rejected bond will break down.
What if this is what happened with Hawke? The bond towards Rissa broke up and he was able to mate again. Yes yes I don't want to see it that way, but it's a possibility. If I had my way, I'll push for 'one true mate - Sienna'. ^^
So, in time, maybe...the tug towards Lisette will disappear too, and then Riaz and Adria will be able to mate.

I don't see anything 'unnatural' about Hawke and Sienna's bond, no mating is the same...it just so happen that in their case, it's the man who was fighting the bond, not the girl. xD It still tickles me pink that Hawke carried Sienna's scent before she did his. Twisted Evil

As for ToN, I enjoyed it, loved H&S, loved Judd and the Arrows, even William the Dart is present lol. It does leave me a little unsatisfied about A&R, but then...I'm still high on H&S to be really sad about them.^^

My favorite parts:
The mating ceremony of H&S is my numero uno, though I was a bit surprised they didn't invite at least Lucas and Sascha. The wolves are more private than the cats it seems.^^

Hawke and Riley's drunk scene.

Judd's fanclub!

Riley's good news! That scene is simply beautiful!

Finding out about Kaleb's 'extra' ability.

I'm trying not to sound bias, but every H&S scene made me squeal! Laughing The cookies, when Sienna wanted to join the anchor protection thing, discussing their future babies...Hawke with a hangover. </favoritism>

I may sound demented but I keep on wishing Aden is a girl so s/he and Vasic can be together.

OMG..every Aden and Vasic scene I kept thinking there was something between them.. I was prob reading too much into it.
Kaleb's my new Hawke.
I forgot about Judd's fanclub..that was brilliant.
We definitely deserved the H&S scenes...don't hate me but as much as I enjoyed their scenes, I did find them a tad boring..I'm so used to reading about them being all angsty and having to deal with constant danger (in KoS) that them doing ordinary things like cooking and talking about their day seemed a little dull in comparison.
I kind of got annoyed by every changeling/psy/human being described as so good looking and so skilled/talented at something or other and practically every submissive having an inner spine of steel or strength..It felt like every changeling/psy/human was the best at some sort of field and everyone respected/was impressed by their talent..it was almost like every main and peripheral charcater was either as Mary Stu or a Gary Stu.
I absolutely adored M/R.. they were perfect.
From what little we saw of him I really liked Pierce's character..I though him teasing Adria and then Adria doing it right back was v.funny.
I thought oretty much every new character that got introduced had the potential to be a future hero/heroine.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Wed May 30, 2012 3:51 am

But it's those domesticated things they do together that made me really happy. Too much excitement can't be good for a relationship...I mean, they do need quiet times like those to nurture their relationship without worrying about the pack. Very Happy

I like pretty people. Though I can see what you mean.^^
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed May 30, 2012 4:41 am

Oh.. I forgot...
BOWEN!
I love that guy.

He got balls of steel.

And yes, every scene between Aden and Vasic, there is just that bond, that unbreakable bond and you can feel it.
Hey, since JR Ward made m/m mainstream compatible... there´s hope Very Happy

I´m not giving in on them yet.
And am I the only one, who thinks, Simran and Inés are a couple?

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 4:53 am

I felt like a bad person for gayshipping Vasic and Aden at first, but I can't help myself.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 am

Ok so an entirely cute Riley Mercy scene with Hawke Sienna thrown in for good measure..Coz Im distracting myself with the other stuff..
BEWARE!! Big spoiler...

Spoiler:
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 5:13 am

Okay, I'm not sure yet what I think about the whole book.. Will have to reflect upon that later, but atm I'm actually quite satisfied with how everything went.

Spoiler:
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed May 30, 2012 5:36 am

Simran & Ines are a couple, nalini confirmed it in a live q&A last year
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed May 30, 2012 5:38 am

I adore Bowen (he's the man:)) I wonder if we'll get to find out what happened with the psy and his adoptive sister Lily
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed May 30, 2012 5:40 am

O love that milewide soft spot, Vasic has for children.
It´s just awwwwwwwwwwwww!

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed May 30, 2012 5:59 am

Spoiler:

These are my personal predictions Very Happy what do you guys predict will happen next in the Psy Changeling world?
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Wed May 30, 2012 6:30 am

I worship you Tabitha! I agree with everything! I think Vasic (if he gets the book he so richly deserves!) has the potential to be THE book to just slay me emotionally and just be so damned good...BUT I am not thrilled about m/m....so I hope this thing with Aden is just a deep friendship male bond (much like Butch & V if anyone has read the Black Dagger Brotherhood books by JR Ward)....I think the Ghost is Vasic most times too, especially with that spying scene...

I want Kaleb next and I hope that the back story is a changeling with a great mating bond to put the bad taste out of my mouth about this undermine of the mating bond...lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Wed May 30, 2012 7:41 am

paranormalmama wrote:
I want Kaleb next and I hope that the back story is a changeling with a great mating bond to put the bad taste out of my mouth about this undermine of the mating bond...lol

I couldn't say it better!
Spoiler:

Tabitha, could you tell me please who is the person you think it will be Alexei's mate? I can't think of anyone.... well, I can think about one but she needs time to recover.
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 am

Urgh, no Butch and V, please. I didn't like them. I'm not a big m/m fan, either, but in t heir case it's just impossible for me not to gayship them. v_v I do think they are just.. brothers or whatever you want to call it. Smile But the bond is so strong.. Maybe they are *bursts into song* just too close to looove *stops singing* eachother in a romantic way.

Whatevs. ;D Started the other topic to talk about Vasic, Kaleb, Aden and the Ghost: https://nalini.forumotion.com/t258-after-ton-vasic-aden-the-ghost-and-kaleb
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 am

Jane - Whom do you think of? And why recover?
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Wed May 30, 2012 8:12 am

I would say maybe Lucy the nurse(healer-assistant) or Mariska the shy tech might be options for Alexei..

Ok, so we know for sure Coop-Grace are the next novella.. and then who?
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Wed May 30, 2012 8:32 am

No idea... with Cooper and Grace comes a second novella, but she doesn´t say, whose it will be

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 9:23 am

Okay. I drew my review this time. Hah. I think it is a masterpiece of art. Geheheh.

Spoiler:

What about Gem?
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 am

Incredible, Patricia. You´re so talented I love you Very Happy
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 am

I'm still processing what I think but I do know that in previous books, it has been mentioned again and again that the woman can choose to reject the mating. The woman has the final say in the "dance" and I've always wondered how that would play out for the male. Would he never be able to find another? I guess that's what happened in Tangle even though Riaz and Lisette were never in the "dance". It's possible for the male to move on and then basically break the hold the bond has on him. And then as Dalton sort of implied (or said) have it maybe weaken even further over time. I wish that had been more clear. Nalini could have explained it better and dealt with some of those ramifications up front.

Also, bottom line is that two changelings can be deeply in love and wildly attracted to each other physically (to the point where they were acting like they were in the mating dance) and also want the mating bond with each other, but not be able to have it? That doesn't seem very romantic. Though Hawke did say he'd seen committed couples get the bond sometimes after years of togetherness so maybe it will develop for Riaz and Adria. (*sigh*)

Oh, and did anybody else think that Lisette was a little bit silly and high-maintenance? Shoe throwing in a parking lot? Really, lol? I was thinking she didn't seem like a good fit for a SD lieutenant fighting a war.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next