The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 33 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Lulu2011 Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 am

One of the things I LOVED was that

Spoiler:

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 33 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by tabitha Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 am

I was happy with Adria's & Riaz's human & wolves being in love like the 100 year together couples.

I was thinking maybe Alexei & Alice but maybe not...
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Wed May 30, 2012 10:52 am

Patricia, that is amazing! so talented, lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed May 30, 2012 10:57 am

Tabitha, it's not that I don't believe in Riaz and Adria as a couple. I do. I think they make a really good couple, much better than Riaz and Lisette. Lisette seemed a bit silly to me and not the right match for a lone wolf SD lieutenant fighting a war.

I just wanted the mating rules much more clearly explained. Too much was left for speculation. Are the mating rules evolving? That's sort of what was implied. Or has there always been some flexibility since there are usually exceptions to every rule? Are these laws immutable or not?

We know that the woman can reject the bond. It's been mentioned many times in many of the earlier books. We've never seen a case, and it's never been mentioned, what the ramifications of a rejected bond are. (I do need to go back and read Nate and Tammy's novella as there might be something about that in there. I do remember Tammy's mother telling Nate to "let her baby go to find someone who would love her".) If that's what was going on here, Lisette "rejected" Riaz and Riaz basically "rejected" her and this is the result, OK, but this is just me speculating and I'd like to have had Nalini spell it out. Maybe I missed that somewhere? I need to go back and re-read some parts, particularly the Dalton scene.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 am

Patricia and Tabitha, yes I was also thinking about Alice & Alexei, but Alice may need recovery since she doesn't remember anything and everything that happen with Zaid....

And what about that microship that Ming wanted to put in Sienna....I wonder if he will do anything about that.... Do hope Hawke and Sienna finish him and that he hurts before he dies!
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 am

I can not deal with a future where Sienna has been micro chipped! I kept wondering if somehow Ming was able to do it, and then she starts behaving crazy...but then when she burned Ming with the cold fire, he seemed hell bent on just killing her all together because she was just too strong to have on a leash or not- he said something to that effect...so I much rather it just be a battle of witts and war when it comes to Ming & Sienna, none of this microchipping! Ever! lol

I can't see Alice having any kind of romance for a while...I can't even say I am looking forward to it. I feel like the next characters to step up are Mariska and maybe Alexi? I think Mariska will have a lot more book time because she was mentioned quite a few times in the book, and her character is getting fleshed out- that usually means her story is on the way, Nalini made a point to do more than describe her in passing...I LOVE a submissive woman (with a little bite- maybe) But sometimes I get tired of the Inigo, Mercy and Adria types, I don't want the man to have to fight at every turn all the time, I need a break from these dominant females. I hope the next couple has a nice strong dominant male and a woman who bites back but is clearly not a dominant...

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Wed May 30, 2012 11:31 am

Yes, maybe Mariska and Alexei....Mariska is Brenna's friend and she told Hawke that she was trying to convince Mariska to go out more....
I would also like a story about Matthias... maybe with Lucy or Rina. And then there is Tomás... he is so funny, he is like a second Drew....
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Sarah18 wrote:Incredible, Patricia. You´re so talented I love you Very Happy
and
paranormalmama wrote:Patricia, that is amazing! so talented, lol

Yes, I know, right? *snort* I wondered myself if I shouldn't do this professionally, but then.. You know, I don't have to work to get such results and it would be unfair if I suddenly took over all the cover-art commissions of amateurs like the coverartists of Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series..

Lulu2011 wrote:One of the things I LOVED was that

Spoiler:

YES!!! That is one of the reasons why I liked them more than Sascha and Lucas.. They work together, really WORK together. I know that every mating is different, but for some reasons Hawke and Sienna.. Well, being a Cardinal X-wolf who lost her mate when she was 12 and had to be Alpha from then on (because my mate was actually the Alpha before I was and all) and even at 12, the second-most dominant wolf.. I just can relate to them so much better, especially after I was wolfnapped when I was 17 and tortured by three Vietnamese criminals called Manh, Munh and Minh, who wanted to use my X-Fire to cook more rice in a shorter time frame.. (Being Vietnamese myself I felt very betrayed by my own people, and when I accidently killed a cockroach while releasing the fire.. The guilt.. It still haunts me, that night.)

tabitha wrote:I was happy with Adria's & Riaz's human & wolves being in love like the 100 year together couples.

I was thinking maybe Alexei & Alice but maybe not...

Alexei and Alice? That would be cool. Although I just feel a childish joy at thinking about how their names start with the same letter.. It still would be cool. Wonder how she knows Zaid. I liked LOSTs Zaid.. Well, the name. Well.. Erm.. Off topic.

Again: What about Gem?
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm thinking that Gem and Kenji are going to be the other novella, along with Coop & Grace. The time frame fits. Remember the scene at the mating ceremony? Something is going down between those two.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 pm

I keep seeing Alexei with Mariska, the shy (but brillliant!) SD tech. Everyone is always so enthralled with his movie star good looks and she's probably so shy that she'd think he's out of her league. She'd be the only one who wouldn't come on to him and that would be a change for him and maybe he'd notice her. I'd like to see the shy girl get the gorgeous guy.

Edited to add: Also aren't Drew and Indigo going out to take over Alexei's sector for a bit, to get the new wolves integrated into SD? That means Alexei is rotating into the SD den for awhile. Hmmm . . .
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Lulu - I love that trope as well. Not if the shy girl is weak, just if she's, you know.. more silent or thoughtful and well, introverted. The type of person who feels nervous when they are at places with many people, and who overthink what they say at least 4 times before they actually say something. But their input is really important and clever. Or they just blurt out whatever they had on their mind because they feel intimidated by the other person and can't control themselves; but it's not a sign of weakness, it's just.. cute when they do it. And if it's an important situation they can keep it together and such..

It's like.. the complete opposite of me, though. >_< Haha.

Yeah, I think Gem and Kenji have something going on, too, but she said something like 'Do you think I'm a sucker' or whatever and I wonder if there is a particular reason or if she's just like "As if I'd ever date any of you lieutnants *wink*". I'd like it if they got their own story written asap.

Actually, I would like it if Nalini would clone herself and then be in telepathic synch with her clone, so that the both of them can plot and write together and we'd get more books every year..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Wed May 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Yup, Alexei will be in the den which is why I think he'll be next...

I think she should have a psy mate or at least someone from another pack.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed May 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Patricia wrote:Lulu - I love that trope as well. Not if the shy girl is weak, just if she's, you know.. more silent or thoughtful and well, introverted. The type of person who feels nervous when they are at places with many people, and who overthink what they say at least 4 times before they actually say something. But their input is really important and clever. Or they just blurt out whatever they had on their mind because they feel intimidated by the other person and can't control themselves; but it's not a sign of weakness, it's just.. cute when they do it. And if it's an important situation they can keep it together and such..

It's like.. the complete opposite of me, though. >_< Haha.

Yeah, I think Gem and Kenji have something going on, too, but she said something like 'Do you think I'm a sucker' or whatever and I wonder if there is a particular reason or if she's just like "As if I'd ever date any of you lieutnants *wink*". I'd like it if they got their own story written asap.

Actually, I would like it if Nalini would clone herself and then be in telepathic synch with her clone, so that the both of them can plot and write together and we'd get more books every year..

That's why I like the Alexei/Mariska pairing because she's a smart shy girl! And Gem and Kenji left the mating ceremony together and Kenji had a bruise on his cheek so she hit him at some point probably. Can't wait for that story. And, yes, some of the brilliant engineering students on this site need to start working on cloning so that we can have another Nalini writing full time. I need those novellas.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Dunno if any of you ever had to watch cartoons but Jimmy Neutron or whatever his name is had those cool book-gums. You'd eat one and bam, know everything that happened. We need 1000 Nalini's so we'd get dozens of books every month. And then we'd need those gums.

Oh, it's unfair that the time when this might even be a possibility will be when I'm already dead. Sad XD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Wed May 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Dark River has kind of taken a back seat I think....I think we won;t see another Cat centered book for a couple years and then it will be with Kit finally coming into his own...

But right now the arc is very Snow Dancer/Psy centered....which is ok, I think Dark River had the first what 6 books? lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed May 30, 2012 8:25 pm

DarkRiver did have the majority of the first books but Caressed by Ice was in the SD den. All 3 novellas are also centered around DarkRiver so it's definitely SnowDancer's turn for a long while. That makes me happy as I love the wolves and there are all those single SD lieutenants lol! Everyone in DR is mated now with the exception of the young ones like Kit.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Wed May 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes! More snow dancers! Also, what wre the novellad! I never read them?

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu May 31, 2012 3:18 am

Ria & Emmett, Annie & Zack & Tammy & Nate featured in the novella's.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Thu May 31, 2012 4:33 am

Ok so I've done a re-read.. and still not quite sure about a few things..I've written a long winded post to try and clarify all my feelings:

Spoiler:

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Thu May 31, 2012 4:40 am

paranormalmama wrote:Dark River has kind of taken a back seat I think....I think we won;t see another Cat centered book for a couple years and then it will be with Kit finally coming into his own...

A few yrs ago I would have been pissed to find out that DarkRiver/the cats are no longer the feature of the books but now I hope thatshe won't go back to the cats and that she'll stick with Snowdancer/the wolves..the only cats who's stroy I'm interested in is Kit and his sister - I'm not sure but I think her name's Rina. Don't hate me but I don't like Sasha that much so the less I see of her the better..I used to really like her but for the past few books I've become annoyed with her vanilla, do-goody, oh so perfect, loved and adored by all personality..she's just too much of a Mary Sue.
On a different note I wonder why Ben and Marlee have fallen out.. I wonder id they could be future mates..Lol I can't look at two characters without thinking if their meant to be.

Last edited by ferdy on Thu May 31, 2012 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 am

ferdy wrote:
On a different note I wonder why Ben and Marlee have fallen out.. I wonder id they could be future mates..Lol I can't look at two characters without thinking if their meant to be.

Something I thought about when I was reading about Ben and Marlee, and of course it's not possible but... what if they already mated, or Ben knows that Marlee's his mate and told her and she got mad... or something. Yeah, i know it's insane because Ben is extremely young but... maybe in a few years.
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Thu May 31, 2012 5:35 am

I thought this too
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Thu May 31, 2012 6:27 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this thought! Smile
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Thu May 31, 2012 7:46 am

Because Ben stole a kiss. Laughing
He has a crush on Marlee, didn't he tell Keenan that he's going to mate with her?
Of course it could be just kid's talk, but they're so adorable. Smile
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu May 31, 2012 8:20 am

How old is Marlee? I have the impression that she's older than Ben by maybe 3 or so years? Is that right?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next