The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

+14
Elaine
Mini Whitey
paranormalmama
Elisabeth
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
Rageane
Alake
tabitha
Concepcion30
SHELITA
TripleTeam
Patricia
Lulu2011
18 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

Post by Maisey Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Dnt care about the review, I'm sure the book will rock!!!

Talk of which I've started to re-listening to Guild Hunter series in pep for Archangel Storm. I love Justine Eyre as a narrator. She's good.

It's there an explanation to Geoffrey being such a d***? Deep down I think he is jealous of Elana's hunting ability and the courage to follow that route. Maybe he suppressed his own hunting ability because it's doesn't fit into his family image/tradition? The result is he turning into who he is today? Anyhow, that's mine two cent worth of idea!
Maisey
Maisey

Back to top Go down

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

Post by Patricia Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:15 am

I don't think he's jealous of her abilities, though maybe of the courage to follow that route.. Maybe it was more like.. In order to live with himself, he blamed her, or maybe he just couldn't look at her, and felt guilty of that. Like.. On one sight he wanted to make it easy and just hate her, but he hated himself for trying to do that. He wanted to love her and support her, but he couldn't entirely, and he hated himself for not being a better father as well.

I think the problem with their relationship is that there he isn't "good" at his core. With Nalini's other characters, especially in the Psy Changeling world, they always had this goodness that couldn't be corrupted. And they let their emotions guide them, they were in touch with those parts of themselves, or they got to the point through a fullfilling relationship or whatever. In any case, he was at a point where his wife had died, and I think he struggled with himself. He couldn't just go on and love Elena, live for her and with her because the events that took place DID corrupt him.

Imo Nalini wouldn't create a character who is just one thing.. Plus, there are some secrets yet to be uncovered, so.. I definitely think there is LOTS behind his and Elena's relationship.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:29 pm

OK, first glimpse, after reading the first half.

A gentle book with two very solemn main characters who both survive on pure strength.

But I like it, so far it´s nothing sparkly, just those two finding each other, one small discovery, one small conversation at a time.
And I love how they both are trying to read the other

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisey Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Patricia wrote:I don't think he's jealous of her abilities, though maybe of the courage to follow that route.. Maybe it was more like.. In order to live with himself, he blamed her, or maybe he just couldn't look at her, and felt guilty of that. Like.. On one sight he wanted to make it easy and just hate her, but he hated himself for trying to do that. He wanted to love her and support her, but he couldn't entirely, and he hated himself for not being a better father as well.

I think the problem with their relationship is that there he isn't "good" at his core. With Nalini's other characters, especially in the Psy Changeling world, they always had this goodness that couldn't be corrupted. And they let their emotions guide them, they were in touch with those parts of themselves, or they got to the point through a fullfilling relationship or whatever. In any case, he was at a point where his wife had died, and I think he struggled with himself. He couldn't just go on and love Elena, live for her and with her because the events that took place DID corrupt him.

Imo Nalini wouldn't create a character who is just one thing.. Plus, there are some secrets yet to be uncovered, so.. I definitely think there is LOTS behind his and Elena's relationship.

You're right. Geoffrey and Elana's relationship is so complicated its make my head hurts. All that love/hate is more than what we sees on the surface. Geoffrey, I understand what you means by his lack of " good". But there's glimpsed which show he isn't all that bad before everything. Which make me sometime feels for him and all he has lost. Like he once told Elana Margeurit like the rain but couldn't weather the storm whereas he had weather the storm but doesn't come out of it unscathed.

I'm looking forward to Elana's and Rapheal story to see if Nalini will give us an answer to their relationship and of course to see my favourite archangel and his consort.

@ the fluff.... I'm jealous you're readind Archangle storm!!!
Maisey
Maisey

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:28 am

Yes, the glimpses of him being a nice guy once were what I meant.. He's both, good and bad. And to me, he often feels more.. "real", because he turned out an asshole - just like most humans I know do. They're not like Nalini's other characters, with a heart of gold and a will of steal. They give up, they mess up, they have fucked up relationships to their parents or children. So I'm really wondering if Nalini will ever get him to the point where a majority of readers will feel as if he is.. redeemable.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:19 pm

TheFLuff wrote:OK, first glimpse, after reading the first half.

A gentle book with two very solemn main characters who both survive on pure strength.

But I like it, so far it´s nothing sparkly, just those two finding each other, one small discovery, one small conversation at a time.

Fluff, sweetie, you have an ARC? You lucky girl! I'm so glad for you.

So, you are liking it, that's good news.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:53 pm

I think he has a lot of self loathing going on. He can not accept that his daughters are hunter born and it is from his genes.

Ahhhh fluff spill some good stuff. What do you mean by gentle book? The reviews seem to suggest that things are getting pretty dark.

Any hot sex? Ha I love Nalini's gift for steamy passion!

Is Venom gone already?

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:29 am

TheFLuff wrote:OK, first glimpse, after reading the first half.

Omfg, I hadn't seen your post here at first. Wow.. I'm REALLY excited now! Surprised
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Fluff, you have an ARC and you aren't going to tell us what you thought lol? Pretty please? We understand if you can't divulge spoilers.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:30 am

Alright, my impressions:

With gentle I mean it´s nothing exuberant, no exploding passion. It´s like two lost souls finding each other while crawling in the dark and holding on.

It gets pretty gritty, but not really wild. The book flows more, than it jumps.
I love Mahyia, she is so real, so strong and totally not stupid.
Passion, yes... but it doesn´t feel like the big crash boom bang love
They both are complete opposites from their inner make up, but work so well together.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 am

Oh...no big passion? I love big Passion...I don't know about this now...is it a snooze? Hard to imagine a Guild book without hot passion?

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:34 am

Oh well, what about the test of the seven? Do we get a good dose of Illium? Any more insight on Aohdan? How about Honor? How does she fare as a Vamp?

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:44 am

Illium - not so much
Aodhan - oh yes
Venom - yes
Honor & Dimitri - sweet

As for passion, both need to come out of their shells first and it's really beautiful to watch

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:01 am

TheFLuff wrote:Illium - not so much
Aodhan - oh yes
Venom - yes
Honor & Dimitri - sweet

As for passion, both need to come out of their shells first and it's really beautiful to watch

Is there anything new about Venom and Sorrow????
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 am

I think there is something to be said about "non-passion". Like there are people who really blind you with their awesomeness, and then there are those that are very peaceful and calm, and both groups are equally great and funny etc. Plus, after Dmitri and Honor, something less passion-y won't kill me. *g*

As long as they get a satisfactory HEA and I get the feeling that they love eachother very much et cetera, I'll be fine with it, I think. Not really certain yet, but there are many books that focus less on the sexy times and much more on the emotions, character-development and so on, and I often prefer those.

Plus, it's Nalini we're talking about. I think it's safe to say that she is a real good author. (And I just realized that someone here was once looking for recommendations.. I think they were looking for beta-guys.. Tracy or Nina, maybe? Or was it Nerd guys? Well.. anyway, maybe this one will actually be that type of story. *g)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 am

Fluff, is there much of Elena and Raphael?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!! - Page 6 Empty Yes!!!!!!!! My ARC came today!!!!

Post by paranormalmama Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:02 pm

I have it!

I will begin reading immediately! This is my first time receiving an ARC!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f34/17/74/17/32/photo110.jpg

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss! I'll be back tonight with my review!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Oh you lucky girl!! Let us know what you think ASAP!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:07 pm

OMFG. Happy reading! Very Happy
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:43 am

Okay, finished Jason's story...

Mahiyah maybe my fav heroine. Typically the women in these stories are fighters- warrior women even, but Mahiyah is soooo more along the likes of female leads that I like to read about. She has a spine but is no alpha female type. This pleased me a great deal.

Loved Jason not nearly as possessive as I like but his quiet strength works. And he is sexy as hell!

Venom is my most anticipated book right behind Illium (if they both get books that is.) I am kind of bummed that it will be another year before we find out which of the seven is next since next year is Raphael/Elena again.

Dimitri is still sexy as hell.

After reading some of the other early reviews I was not sure I would like it as much as I did. I def agree it flows.

Did mention Jason is one sexy son of a gun. If not- he is

I was surprised that going into the book, I kind of liked Eris- if for no other reason than I felt sorry for him...not so much anymore :p

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:18 am

Paranormal mama, thanks!

So, it was not clear who was up next? Not that it was clear at the end of Archangel's Blade that Jason would be next . . .

Do we see much of Elena/Raphael? After Jason/Mahiyah, who gets the most page time?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 am

You see more Raphael and Elena scenes than Raphael/Elena if that makes sense. I love how Nalini bridges the heroines. I loved how Jason and Mahiya see each other. I ultimately hope we see more of them as a back story in future books to see how they grow.

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks!

Was it a satisfying HEA for you?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48 am

You know what. It was. At first I was kind of thinking that Mahiya was going to get the short end of the stick, but Jason's last few thoughts and actions made me believe that they are going to be just fine and I was satisfied. Totally a 180 from that travesty that was Riaz/Adria- whose HEA I just did not gel with.

Jason survived a complete horror. He gives Mahiya all he can and as he grows with her he will be capable of giving more. One action he does really makes me believe that he can grow. It was a real kick in the heart like yes, yes he is starting to see there is another way.

Raphael I have always thought was awesome really impressed me with this book. How he handles his relationship with his 7 really distinguishes him from his Cadre counterparts. You really get an appreciation for the bonds of the seven in this book.

I can't wait to get it on my nook so I can bookmark all my fav parts. Especially when he has her for the first time *have mercy!*

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

Well there were two of the seven that had more face time. If I had to guess it would be Venom. (Next years book we already know is Elena/Raphael) but if it is purely based on face time and storyline. Aodhan and Venom were really the only two visible of the 7...Nassir and Illium were just briefly visited.

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next