The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

+14
Elaine
Mini Whitey
paranormalmama
Elisabeth
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
Rageane
Alake
tabitha
Concepcion30
SHELITA
TripleTeam
Patricia
Lulu2011
18 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

Post by tabitha Fri May 11, 2012 1:31 pm

OMG!!!! What an amazing first chapter, I can hardly wait for this book to be released Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Archangel's Storm - September 2012!!!

Post by Rageane Mon May 14, 2012 8:24 am

Lulu2011 wrote:Was Honor an actual hunter on a daily basis? She was a member of the Guild but I thought her expertise was in languages and history or something like that. She can defend herself but I didn't think she was out there fighting and tracking down escaped vamps every day. Or have I remembered this incorrectly?

You are half right, when the book starts she wasn't a hunter of the Guild. But from what I gathered it was basically the equivolant of her being a cop and working from a desk after an injury on the job...they were waiting for her to heal up. The work she was doing with Dimitri was her first time back on the street, for lack of a better term...but she does have expertise on history and languages which is why she was working in the Library when we first meet her.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 am

Rageane, thanks for that! I couldn't remember what her background was. I thought at the end of Blade that she agreed with Dmitri to continue to work in the Library, to stay off the streets. Is that correct?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon May 14, 2012 8:54 am

Yes, you are correct. She found that she prefer's that position and it makes him more comfortable about her safety.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Mon May 14, 2012 3:46 pm

I re-read Blade yesterday and it was as amazing as always (except for that Ingrede/Honor mish mash)

I did have a question, I wonder if Ilium will ever get a book, I feel like his story with his mortal love that he was punished for needs to be told. Was she not compatible with the toxin to be Made? Or did he not want her made- but only has a mortal woman fetish, lol

Can't any angel be a maker, not just Archangels right?

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Mon May 14, 2012 3:48 pm

And what will Raphael do without his second for the time he vows to not leave Honor's side as she is being transformed and in the sleep? Doesn't that take months?

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Mon May 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I thought it was just archangels that could 'make' vampires. I don't think Illium mortal love would have been given that choice though as he was punished for revealing too much to her.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm

@tabitha - I'm pretty certain it is not just archangels that can "make" vampires. Otherwise, all vampires in the NY area (and maybe the eastern seaboard) would belong to Raphael. We've had cases where Elena and others were pursuing vamps who ran out on their contracts and were to be returned to angels (and not to archangels).

@paranormalmama - I'm guessing Nalini will write an absence for Dmitri into one of the books due to Honor's transformation/making and it will be a chance for one of the other Seven to step up for a central role.

Edited to add: Also, Illium is certain to get a book eventually. I think Nalini said something to the effect that she just needs to figure it out for him! I sort of see him as maybe the last in the series, maybe becoming an archangel himself, rising to the Cadre, etc.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Concepcion30 Mon May 14, 2012 6:19 pm

tabitha wrote:I thought it was just archangels that could 'make' vampires. I don't think Illium mortal love would have been given that choice though as he was punished for revealing too much to her.

If you read Archangel's Blade, that question would have been answered for you. Potential spoiler >>>> The villain in that book, (Kallistos) was using young male angels to Make essentially baby vampires. Remember reading about the nascent fangs that they found in the beheaded vampire? Apparently the toxin from this young angel perhaps wasn't strong enough to make a fully functional vampire. Or something like that, I'm just supposing here. But it did show that even very young angels could Make vampires if they wanted to. Also, I forgot who Elena was speaking with, but after she had been Made an angel, one of the Seven pointed out that she had the toxin used to make vampires, in her too. And Beth her sister had also asked Elena to Make her if Raphael wouldn't do it himself.
Concepcion30
Concepcion30

Back to top Go down

Post by SHELITA Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 pm

I hope that since it's in third person we could kinda like see glimpses of Honor's transformation, sure we saw parts of Dmitri's but I for one would like to see a willing change
SHELITA
SHELITA

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 pm

How about Jason feeling so alive when touched...I for one am looking forward to the moment he... touches Mahiya cheers

I wish they came out more than once a year, who knows when Illium will get a book, since Raphael/Elena are up next again

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 am

Also, what about when Jason sings (he has to, too much of a point was made about how he has not sung in centuries and how amazing his voice is)...will he sing to Mahiya in bed? Will she have a brush with death and he sing his sorrow until he knows she is saved- or sings when she is saved...will he sing in stages, first find himself humming after being with Mahiya...next thing he knows he is belting out songs...lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 am

paranormalmama - Even if not, Raphael would probably have Made her. But not every human can be Made.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 am

Oh and Illium told Elena that he 'Made' someone once but that he did not survive because he was victim in nature.

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by SHELITA Wed May 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Now that I think about it, what happens to the toxin while an angel/ archangel is Asleep ?
SHELITA
SHELITA

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 1:48 pm

It won't produced at the same rate/at all, is my guess. Like when you put meat in the freezer so it won't get bad as fast.. Okay, did I just compare angels to sausages?
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Wed May 30, 2012 2:59 pm

hihi, you did Pat Very Happy
but i kinda think that too, if you´re not that active, there´s not so much ähem...how to say...ahja, genau...liquid Razz
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed May 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Haha, how you always put German words everywhere is adorable! A friend of mine sometimes puts Vietnamese words in between German ones and it sounds kind of awesome, because the pronounciation and the.. like when you make your voice grow lighter or higher and stuff, it's so different. And she's like "Ja, dann meinte ich zu dem Idioten, ich würd meine con meo essen bevor blah"

But back to the actual topic - Yeah, that's what I thought as well. What did they say about how often 'active' Angels have to get that poison out? I mean, so far we don't even really know how it's done. But I suppose we might get to know that in Archangel's Storm after all because of Honor.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Well, we already know the next story is Elena & Raphael...I hope she is not calling him Archangel every 5 sentences and he not calling her Guild Hunter every 6 sentences, lol that kind of annoyed me a bit...

I am excited about Jason! I hope we get little peeks at Illium too...(love him!!!!) in this story...

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 pm

I read the interview that Nalini did that is linked on her blog. She said she is contracted for 8 Guild Hunter books. Since Storm is #5 (I'm not counting the novellas so I hope her publisher isn't) and #6 is going to be Elena/Raphael again, that will leave two more full length books. Venom and Illium? I really hope she gets to write about Aodhan though in some way. I guess her contract could be extended too.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Wed May 30, 2012 11:23 pm

I hope so too...contracts get extended all the time, especially considering how good they are doing!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

Just an FYI, there's a few reviews out for Archangel's Storm on Goodreads.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:59 am

I only found one but it was kind of a scary review. She liked it, said it moved her, but there were things that made me feel a little wary about it. Jason only being able to love to the extent that he can, that kind of thing . . . and she's not sure she wants to read the next one because it seems like it's heading for lots of incredibly bad things happening.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Yeah, that was the review that gave the most detail/was the longest. She seems to not like the darkness of the series; however, I do, so I'm not too concerned there. I like all the "horror" parts, lol. I think there were only 3 reviews on Goodreads thus far (none gave that much detail at this point). They all gave either 4 or 5 stars.

Here's one of the others (from Jess):
This story sort of sneaks up on you - Jason and Mahiya's story slowly builds, a lot of Archangel/Cadre information and overall story building, and then the detail about the tragedy from Jason's childhood, told through flashbacks had me tearing up and in that one scene I went from liking Jason and the story overall to loving him after getting the full detail about what he went through. Nalini always brings such strong emotion to all her characters and books, it's easy to get sucked into the world.

Full review to come.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm not too worried about the review either. I think I'll be fine with it. I'm not quite as emotionally invested in the GH series and Jason has been a minor side character for a long while. The "incredibly bad things" that might happen down the road could actually be really interesting as long as Raphael and Elena (and Illium and Aodhan) survive and are good I'm OK.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next