The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

+21
Bella171901
ferdy
Katherine
ConvertMePlease
burns_erin
Road
kthestrange
Miana
Rob
Elaine
tlgopal969
U.J
Yurice
anja-shirin-shari
syaffolee
CassB
TracyTheOncer
tabitha
TheFLuff
Jane
Roxsan
25 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

Post by Roxsan Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:36 pm

My thirst for info has been pretty much quenched now also thanks to all you guys posting snippets. Thanks so much! Very Happy Just over 24 hours until it's out!
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

Post by Yurice Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Roxsan, would it be alright if you change this thread into a spoiler thread for the whole book after release date? Smile

I know everyone is going to vanish to read for a day or two, and then would rush here to see what everybody else thinks...it would be nice to be able to discuss it with spoilers and all. Very Happy

Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Yep! Can do!
Edit: Actually, I have no clue how to change the title of the thread. Sad Help?
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by burns_erin Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:55 pm

The Google trick is addictive. I've lurked here for a long time, but never been compelled to post till now.................... (Sorry, I don't know how to hide the spoilers)

Spoiler:

Last edited by burns_erin on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 4 times in total

burns_erin

Back to top Go down

Post by syaffolee Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Roxsan: Did you try editing the subject line of the very first post in this thread?

burns_erin: To hide spoilers, use the spoiler code [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] (without spaces}.

syaffolee

http://www.gamalei.net/syaffolee/

Back to top Go down

Post by burns_erin Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 pm

syaffolee wrote:Roxsan: Did you try editing the subject line of the very first post in this thread?

burns_erin: To hide spoilers, use the spoiler code [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] (without spaces}.

Thanks! It only took me four tries Wink

burns_erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Worked! Thanks for that Very Happy The book should be out in about in hour (if Amazon is releasing it EST).
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:49 pm

burns_erin wrote:The Google trick is addictive. I've lurked here for a long time, but never been compelled to post till now.................... (Sorry, I don't know how to hide the spoilers)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[/quote]
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 pm

IT'S OUT! Go forth and sync your e-readers!! And happy reading!! Very Happy
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by burns_erin Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:14 am

TracyTheOncer wrote:
burns_erin wrote:The Google trick is addictive. I've lurked here for a long time, but never been compelled to post till now.................... (Sorry, I don't know how to hide the spoilers)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[/quote]

How right you are!

burns_erin

Back to top Go down

Post by anja-shirin-shari Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Just back from an official trip, can finally start reading Very Happy
anja-shirin-shari
anja-shirin-shari

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I've finished reading...still thinking over. Very Happy
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by burns_erin Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Yurice wrote:I've finished reading...still thinking over. Very Happy

Re-reading it myself. Want to make sure I don't miss anything.

burns_erin

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:58 pm

I have to wait until Thursday Sad I need spoilers please Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:00 pm

I am happy to give spoilers! What kind do you want? Character interaction spoilers? Ghost spoilers? Lineage spoilers? Smexy spoilers? Smile

Edit: Cause I can. Spoiler contains high levels 'hot damn!'. You have been warned. Razz

Spoiler:

Last edited by Roxsan on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Anything you really liked, I'd love some Vasic and aden spoilers though too
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Hmm.....the only Aden and Vasic spoilers I can think of right now would ruin the end of the book. I'll get back to you. Gotta browse my kindle for something that doesn't occur at the end. Very Happy
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:18 pm

IN spite of the late hour, he was working at his desk, his dark hair pristine, his steel gray shirt unwrinkled in the slightly yellow-tinged light from the table lamp that provided the only illumination in the room.
Looking up when she came in, the roiling darkness she’d glimpsed in the bedroom yet visible in his eyes, he said, “Yes?” The dead calm of his voice had her hesitating, the decision she’d made a painful hope she couldn’t bear to have crushed.
“Sahara,” he said at her silence, “if you’re here for a reason, speak. If you’re not, leave.”
Swallowing at the cold warning that told her not to push him, she took a seat in the chair on the other side of his desk. He watched her with the unblinking gaze of a predator so deadly, the world had never seen anything like him.
“Where”— she wet a throat gone dry as a desert sun—“ where are the rest?” His eyes didn’t move off her. Trembling within, she lifted her fisted hand in front of her. Platinum shimmered in the golden light as her fingers fell open. A moment of absolute, endless silence, and then Kaleb blinked and the stars were back in his eyes. Not breaking the eye contact that threatened to brand her from the inside out, he laid his right hand palm-up on his desk. Seven charms lay on his skin between one heartbeat and the next.
Biting back tears as the most secret part of her keened in joy, she leaned closer, hand rising. He drew the charms away. Anger flashed, hot and raw. “They’re mine.” “That’s not how it works.”
Scowling, and wanting the charms, she sat back in the chair as he stood and moved around the table with that deadly grace that always drew her eye, her body taut with a very adult tension.
Breath shallow, she slipped the bracelet over her wrist, snicked the clasp into place, and held out her arm toward him.
“Now.” Leaning against the desk in front of her, he lifted his hand and a single charm appeared between his fingertips.
“Seventeen.”
“A compass.” To find my way home. Heart breaking, she looked her fill of him as he finished hooking the charm onto the bracelet, and again, she asked herself who he was to her. Who had he been to her, this beautiful man who might be so deeply damaged as to be forever broken?

Singh, Nalini (2013-06-04). Heart of Obsidian (PSY/CHANGELING) (Kindle Locations 1537-1554). Penguin Group US. Kindle Edition.

Sorry, I don't know why it doesn't copy the paragraph format. Shocked I thought to fix it, but it may not reflect how it was done in the book. ^^;
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:24 pm

HE GLANCED UP, a lock of hair falling across his forehead, midnight dark against his golden skin. For a fleeting instant, she saw the boy he’d once been, all silky hair and quiet eyes, and she knew the memory was true. Her and Kaleb, whatever it was that tied them together, it had begun long before she was thirteen, begun when they were both children.
“Hurry,” she whispered, helpless as her other hand rose to push that errant lock off his forehead. He didn’t move away, didn’t repudiate her touch.
“Eighteen.” A second charm appeared between his fingers. She twisted her head this way and that to try to see what it was as he hooked it into place, but he deliberately blocked her sight. She saw the reason why when he straightened.
“An unsheathed blade.” What he had become the day she vanished.
“Nineteen.” He began to hook the charm on before she saw the telekinetic fetch. A small home. The rock that was her heart grew heavier.
“Twenty.”
“Twenty.” This one, he let her see. A tiny heart formed of a deep blue stone, so very beautiful it made her breath release in a sigh.
“Sapphire?”
“Tanzanite.” His eyes met hers.
“Rare. Unique.” A frozen heart, she thought, her wonder swirled with a haunting sorrow. His heart or hers?
“Twenty-one.” An hourglass.
“Twenty-two.” A fragment of jagged obsidian, edges smoothed only enough not to cut her skin.
“Twenty-three.” A single, perfect star. Frowning, she looked up at him. “I don’t understand.” He hooked the charm into place.
“Only this star matters.” His thumb brushing over her inner wrist. “Should it be erased, no other has the right to live.”
“I’d line the streets with bodies before I’d ever hurt you.” A wave of black rushed through her in a nightmare of understanding.
“What’s twenty-four?” she managed to ask through the roar, curling her wrist close to her chest.
“As yet undecided.”
“I know what I want.” This battle was one she had to win, not only for the future of the world, but for herself, for Kaleb, for what they might have been  .  .  . what they could be. A waiting silence from the man who would’ve annihilated an entire civilization in vengeance for her, ending the lives of millions, innocents and sinners alike.
“A sheath for the blade,” she whispered. The stars faded into black.
“That might not be possible.” It can’t be too late, she thought again. She refused to let it be too late, refused to believe he was forever gone, the damage permanent. “I want jewels on the sheath, bright and colorful.” And hopeful.
“It’ll require considerable work,” he said softly, the obsidian of his gaze holding her own, “might even be an impossible task.”
“Are you surrendering, then?” It was a question as soft. “Walking away?” Kaleb’s response held a possessiveness that might yet keep her a prisoner.
“I will never walk away from you.”

Singh, Nalini (2013-06-04). Heart of Obsidian (PSY/CHANGELING) (Kindle Locations 1555-1579). Penguin Group US. Kindle Edition.
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Yurice I think I love you, that's beautiful.
Damn, well at least I think I know Aden and Vasic's story will continue Smile
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Yay Kaleb isn't silent!
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Inhaled this book in one sitting. Now I need to go back and read it again. I'm in Aus Tabitha and I got it yesterday

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Boo, where did you get yours from Rob?
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:18 pm

If you're ordering the e-book version from amazon, go to 'manage my kindle' page and change your country settings to 'united states'. Then create a fake US billing address in your 'address settings' page. You should then be browsing the american listings for books. This will allow you to purchase Heart of Obsidian on the American release date (June 4th). You will have to cancel your previous pre-order first though. Smile (This is what I've been doing since forever to get e-books on the American (=earliest) release date hehe)
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by ConvertMePlease Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Ooooh! I now know who the Ghost is, who his relative is, who saved Ana from the train accident and who the heroine is.

Spoiler:

The external damage? she asked, pulse racing at the memory of her shock when she'd looked absently out the kitchen window after they'd shared their bodied-to see huge gashes in the landscape as far as the eye could see, as if the earth had been cracked like an egg.
Limited to a five-hundred-meter radius around the house. I fixed the cracks after 'porting you to DarkRiver Territory.
She knew she should be worried about the fact that she'd been in bed with a man who'd caused that kind of telekinetic control during intimacy, but she felt her lips kick up at hte corners. So we litarally made the earth move?
A slight pause, before Kaleb said, I suggest we don't engage in sex in populated areas.
The cool comment made her burst into laughter.

Nalini Singh, Heart of Obsidian, page 207
ConvertMePlease
ConvertMePlease

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next