The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

+21
Bella171901
ferdy
Katherine
ConvertMePlease
burns_erin
Road
kthestrange
Miana
Rob
Elaine
tlgopal969
U.J
Yurice
anja-shirin-shari
syaffolee
CassB
TracyTheOncer
tabitha
TheFLuff
Jane
Roxsan
25 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!  - Page 4 Empty Re: Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

Post by CassB Fri May 31, 2013 7:53 pm

So Googling "Heart of Obsidian" + "Leon Kyriakus" (that is Sahara's dad) gives you info on Sahara's designation. For those that want to know...
Spoiler:

Then who kept Sahara captive (won't give the search term as it gives it away)...
Spoiler:
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!  - Page 4 Empty Re: Heart of Obsidian book discussion thread. SPOILER HEAVY!!

Post by Yurice Fri May 31, 2013 8:25 pm

CassB wrote:So Googling "Heart of Obsidian" + "Leon Kyriakus" (that is Sahara's dad) gives you info on Sahara's designation. For those that want to know...
Spoiler:

Then who kept Sahara captive (won't give the search term as it gives it away)...
Spoiler:
Thank you!
At least, now I don't have to dread her designation. I was like: 'anything but E psy pleeeassseeee! affraid '
Yurice
Yurice

http://hawke-sienna.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miana Fri May 31, 2013 9:04 pm

That's Sahara's father's designation, actually, not hers.

Spoiler:

Miana

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Fri May 31, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks for the clarification, what search terms did you use to get more on Sahara?
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Fri May 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Okay, sorry I raised everyone's hopes with the earlier spoiler, but here is some more that I'm fairly sure is related to Sahara's talent ...
Spoiler:
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 pm

it's still not an E, so I'm good. Very Happy
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by kthestrange Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:28 am

Miana wrote:Just had to pop in and say that I've really enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts here because I'm so freaking excited about this book XD

That being said, I thought I'd just let you guys know that you can actually find out nearly all the answers to your questions by some clever and extensive looking, if you know what I mean. And, no, I don't mean piracy. It's all legal, but I warn you, the web-surfing is time-consuming. Well worth it since I actually was able to read quite a fair bit of the book, although it was snippet here and there.

Among the questions that I got solved by this method are:

1. Who is the Ghost?
2. Who kept the heroine in captivity?
3. What is the heroine's ability?
4. Who is the Ghost's relative?
5. What happens between the H/h?
6. Who are the other characters that show up in the story?
7. What are the Arrows up to?

Etc, etc. Some surprising information as well! Can't wait until the book shows up on my Kindle! Smile

Happy reading Smile

Ooooh wow that was so addicting...but now I have more questions!

kthestrange

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:53 am

Thanks Miana for those tips, you're right it's very addictive and it takes a while to get the hang of it. Once you get the thread of the first sentence it's then a matter of trying to figure out what the next sentence might be using the right keyword. Yep this is fun.

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:57 am

Like this!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:52 am

Rob, you are so right! Thanks for sharing. I googled dozens of words and combos and got interesting stuff, but not that one Smile
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:06 pm

I tried the google thing, but the results I always get are from people discussing the book. Sad

It's ok though, June is just around the corner. ^^
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:00 pm

It is specifically Google (not other search engines) and further only the results for Google books. You don't even click on anything, it gives you two lines of text in the results. Not even single thing I searched comes back with a result in Google books, but a most do. I also used "Heart of Obsidian" + "either one word or a string", then sometimes + "and another word". Try "Heart of Obsidian" + "brand" -- then same with "branded" Wink
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Agree with CassB. I entered "Heart Of Obsidian" + "Kaleb" + "Sahara" then added every word I could think of that I wanted to know about these two. You have to get inventive if you want a complete sentence or paragraph, but since Nalini has a certain style of writing and I read all the previous books again while I'm waiting for the new book I've ended up with two pages of snippets and still going, which will keep me happy until the book comes out.

I understand that many readers don't want to know so I won't spoil it but I've pretty much got the answers to the same post as Miana. Yes, it takes up a lot of hours, but I like puzzles.

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post by tlgopal969 Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:12 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but on my Kindle you can get new releases at a little after 3 am the release day. I live on the east coast so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, does anyone know how to get it closer to midnight? I haven't tried pre-ordering. Does anyone know if that makes a difference? Thanks

tlgopal969

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:24 pm

For me, I have a Sony ereader, so I tend to stick to ePub format (but I have figured out how to get rid of DRM, so I can buy from anyone and get into the format I need). For the books I am very excited about, I wait until a little after midnight (I too live on the East Coast) and then visit a variety of ebook stores until I find one that has it released. I have always found Sony's Reader Store has new release at midnight and I think I have had luck with Kobo's store. If you have a Kindle and want to buy another format, Calibre ebook library software can be very helpful.
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:34 am

I don't get it. I went to 'google books' and put in "heart of obsidian" "kaleb" "sahara" and only got four results. Sad
Edit: ...have any of you who've been successful with the googling technique found any romancey bits yet? Wink
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:26 am

Roxsan wrote:I don't get it. I went to 'google books' and put in "heart of obsidian" "kaleb" "sahara" and only got four results. Sad

You and I. I really don't know how you guys do it. If I search in Google Books, it only appears the book... that doesn't have a preview. And if I search in Google it appears only discussions or bits of the very few reviews there are.... Sad ......

At least, we only have to wait two more days Smile
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:04 am

Bring up google search engine and type in "heart of obsidian" + "kaleb" + "sahara" look down the list until you see books.google.com/books and with those keywords you get
Spoiler:
It's probably not so relevant now there's only a day or so to wait but have a go anyway:) Good luck.

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxsan Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:22 am

Did exactly that and still nothing. Sad Ah well, book comes out in less than two days anyway. Razz
Roxsan
Roxsan

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:45 am

It is possible that it is an American thing. Sorry it doesn't work for you guys! (Although just to be clear you are not searching in Google Books, that doesn't get you anything, you are just using regular Google search and reading the text you get in the results page from the Google Books result that pops up.) But it sounds like maybe it only comes up in American ISPs, bummer. Now that I have such I short time to wait, I am feeling less fanatic about it. So excited!
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Road Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Roxsan wrote:I don't get it. I went to 'google books' and put in "heart of obsidian" "kaleb" "sahara" and only got four results. Sad
Edit: ...have any of you who've been successful with the googling technique found any romancey bits yet? Wink

I've had some success using the "Googling" technique. Here are a couple of romancey bits I've stumbled across:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I still can't find the name of Kaleb's male relation though, despite spending about 2 hours Googling last night- it's driving me nuts! Mad I know that the male relation is
Spoiler:
but I need a name! Gah!
Road
Road

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurice Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:15 pm

I wasn't able to find anything either, but it's almost here, so I'm good. Very Happy
Yurice
Yurice

Back to top Go down

Post by CassB Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Road wrote:

I still can't find the name of Kaleb's male relation though, despite spending about 2 hours Googling last night- it's driving me nuts! Mad I know that the male relation is
Spoiler:
but I need a name! Gah!

Regarding this spoiler, I too found it googling and was super excited, but I think I was able to find the rest of the sentence and it goes on to talk about Anthony and his brother (who is Sahara's dad). So don't get too excited. Soon we will all have read it!!!!
CassB
CassB

Back to top Go down

Post by Road Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm

CassB wrote:
Road wrote:

Spoiler:
but I need a name! Gah!

Regarding this spoiler, I too found it googling and was super excited, but I think I was able to find the rest of the sentence and it goes on to talk about Anthony and his brother (who is Sahara's dad). So don't get too excited. Soon we will all have read it!!!!

Yes, that's a very good point. The way that Google Books pieces together the different snippets leaves a lot of room for interpretation Very Happy
Road
Road

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Roxsan I've just realised you're in NZ. I'm across the ditch in Melbourne. I spent about 3 hours on google yesterday and since I've been able to get an overview of the book, I'm a bit like CassB, less frantic about it.

Rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next