The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my ARC

+42
Scotch
mj
Elaine
Grainne
BlueQueen
whynot9
monadh
nols
gaby2292
catikins
Paula Patience
Daliah
Rageane
Lisa
Schainize
devilsworld
schokoladenliebhaber
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
cheebee
erena1101
Sarah18
tabitha
Bella171901
KittyKat
Louise
Serena
silverdezz
KTL
kitarad
FashionSparkles
CK90
cdnreader
Zory
degdelta
evedallas
Jane
twixter_tea
CASTLES04
TracyTheOncer
Patricia
46 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just got my ARC - Page 19 Empty Re: Just got my ARC

Post by kitarad Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:50 am

I started reading some form of paranormal books in 2000 or so when I read Laurell Hamilton's Guilty Pleasures. The book was published in 1993 but I never got around to it. I picked up books on and off until I came across this book that had an awful description that I would not have been caught dead reading. That was called Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon however one day I just read it in spite of my earlier misgivings I was amazed at the world she had created and I read the series and grew to really love the characters and the world and in 2008 someone on one of the reviews and discussions mentioned Nalini Singh. I never looked back after reading Slave to Sensation I devoured everything she had written and my favourite as is for the others here CBI.

Since then many of the authors I loved have disappointed me by their choices but it is their creations and they have the right to go in the direction they do. Talking about books you all should try Katie Macalister her books are a joy a minute and will have you laughing so hard. The incubus and other demons in her books are deliciously wicked. Aww and her dragon well just read it. Aisling Grey I think her main character is called that.
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by KTL Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:58 am

I discovered NS's books in 2006 when StS was released. There were many recommendations on review sites and various publications about this new author, her fascinating Psy/Changeling world and how it differed from other shifter novels. So I bought Luc & Sasha's book and have been hooked since then. And yeah, totally had a Wink hmmm moment when Hawke was introduced and how that red-haired teen-aged Cardinal psy really stood out in the conference room scene.

KTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 am

I have to admit that between the two series NS has going, I like both of them equally. My tastes are very eclectic and both of these touch a different part of my personality. The Guild world appeals to the darker side of my personality, which loves the never ending possibility of doom and gloom as you see the slow reveal of the characters as you watch their lives over a period of time, which I must point out to everyone that the relationship of Raph & Ellie are in actual timeline...maybe 2 months tops...not a whole lot of time to know someone as in depthly as if they have been together for 1 - 2 years. She was in a coma for a year, so you can not count that time as part of the relationship...okay, I've had my say on that part, moving on...lol.

There are very few authors who can build a world and make it work with only 1 primary couple to focus on...in fact I have only found 2 who do it well enough to make it worth the while to read them: Nora Roberts (aka JD Robb) and Nalini Singh.

On the lighter side of things the psy/changeling world gives the romantic in me a glimpse into an alternate universe where Love conquers all and the interconnecting relationships have a direct effect on how the world changes and evolves as well as seeing the endless possibilities stemming from one connection to another..not to mention the ongoing fight of logic vs emotion, the darkness of this series really isn't all that dark...more of a stormy grey, as compared to the black shadows and dusk of the Guild series.

As far as KoS...my romantic side is waiting not so patiently for the deeper look into Hawk and Sienna's relationship, while my dark side is also waiting to see the fall of the psynet and what the resulting effects that will be...until then I am keeping myself busy with my real world of job, kids, husband, and plans for summer...and what a great way to start off the season!! Smile
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am

I started reading PNR/UF in late 2009 but I didn't notice the Psy/Changeling series until the summer. I have no idea why I started reading them - maybe an Amazon recommendation? I do know that I inhaled them and was really disappointed when I ran out of books after Blaze of Memory. Then I found out Bonds of Justice came out the next day. It was weird. I'm sure the chances of that happening are pretty slim Smile

I have a confession to make *clears throat* - I haven't read the Guild series. I am a bad fan.

Angel wings just don't seem as interesting as scary-awesome mind powers. Should I try them out?

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by twixter_tea Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Nina, to be honest I totally stalled on the guild hunter series because I was afraid I wouldn't like it. But its actually really good. It's more darker and intense...and trust me...it does get scary. In a more angelic-destroying-all of-mankind-kind of way. XD
twixter_tea
twixter_tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:32 pm

The spoiler had lots to do with Sienna. And Hawke, too. Although I can't really explain, why. Wink

Hm, another spoiler..

Spoiler:

Better? Very Happy

I started reading the series last year. I don't even know how I got hooked up. I think I got the an eCopy of the first book to review? Not sure. Well, I liked it (and the German covers are better than the US ones. although I wouldn't have bought a book with the German cover, either. Well, I judge books by their covers, too. I know, it's stupid, but.. hm. Can't help it. Wink (The UK covers I love!))
So, well I started reading it and, well I liked the concept. I didn't really love Sascha or Lucas, but I thought that the series had potential. Actually I wanted to buy the other books right away, but didn't. Don't know why. I think I didn't have an eReader back then and I didn't want to buy them as paperbacks (cough, covers again).. When I got a tablet that can be used as an eReader I got the first 4 books right away and then the others. Smile

After I finished the series I wanted more NS and read the Guild Hunter-series, which I actually like better when it comes to the characters (and their development). I never hated anyone in the Psy/Changeling world. Sometimes they annoyed me even. And I need books to make me feel. So when I read GH #1 I was like: "YAY! I hate Raphael! *_*" (<- That's so stupid xD and no, I don't hate him, but sometimes he really freaks me out).
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Patricia, I am with you on the hate part...but in my case it's Michaela!!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:57 pm

I started reading the psy/changeling series 2008 when Slave to Sensation was released in German. I really liked the idea and also Sascha and Lucas so I googled to see if there are more books and ordered them in English. I'm also not that big a fan of the GH series. I like the books. But I don't love them the way I love the psy/changeling series.
Serena
Serena

http://serenareads.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:03 pm

CBI is still my favourite even after reading KOS. I read StS as an Ebook about 18 months ago and have been suffering from singhmania ever since.
I love the archangels guild books too but don't think that Elena and Raphael are the best couple Nalini has created.

I loved KoS as much as I expected but not necessarily for the reasons I expected. The Hawke/Sienna pairing was about a million times better than I expected, they made me laugh and boy did they make me cry!

Walker and Lara's romance fit perfectly. I loved getting to know more about him and the Lauren family's history. If it is possible I love Judd a little more now Very Happy Very Happy

The sub plot as always was amazing, I can't wait for the next book already!

I loved the bond between the young Snow Dancer and Dark River members and am excited about the new generation of characters Nalin introduced us too.

The only disapointing bit about this book for me was it needed more Vasic and Aden - this pair definietly have a story to tell.

Anyways I'm off to re-read KoS again now Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:23 pm

tabitha wrote:

Anyways I'm off to re-read KoS again now Very Happy

Lucky! Did you get it from Netgalley?
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Ok still jealous but a little tidbit to help us with the wait please!!!!!

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:59 pm

I don't get it...

what does net gallery do? I sign up for it...but i can't find KoS

Does it give free book like Goodread?

I am confused
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Ok...i went browsing around...

So apparently net gallery is for Professional readers (librarian, bloggers, reveiwers.....etc)...

I cant' say I am professional readers as I am still a student only. I read other ppl's blog and don't mind writing comment...

I am however an ADDICTIVE reader...too bad that's not in a requirement...what a shame

But that site is really cool. Free EBOOK from publisher and most of them are ARCS....i am so jealous.....!

Last edited by silverdezz on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:33 pm

silverdezz wrote:Ok...i went browsing around...

So apparently net gallery is for Professional readers (librarian, bloggers, reveiwers.....etc)...

I cant' say I am professional readers as I am still a student only. I read other ppl's blog and don't mind writing comment...

I am however an ADDICTIVE reader...too bad that's not in a requirement...what a shame

But that site is really cool. Free EBOOK from publisher and most of them are ARCS....i am so jealous.....!

@Tabitha: if you really win KOS ebook...maybe wanna to share/send it to me...May is so far...! Very Happy

It's not an ebook that you can "share" from that site. I tried to get one but my submission got rejected. I don't have my own blog, so I'm not surprised. ;-) I just figured I'd try for one anyway. I joined since I am an educator/librarian and have a goodreads account. Apparently, at one time, you didn't have to have your own blog for Netgalley, but that seems to have changed.
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by silverdezz Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:37 pm

LoL...I must say, netgallery sound cool....

of course, ebook can't be shared...(i was only kidding)....but internet is really awesome...

Look how internet link all of us together from all around the world to discuss about KoS...

5 years ago...that is not possible..! (i guess we have to thanks Facebook..for bring the craze of social networking...)
silverdezz
silverdezz

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyTheOncer Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:38 pm

LOL, yeah!
TracyTheOncer
TracyTheOncer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:04 am

Okay a little Hawke and Sienna qoute...

Spoiler:
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 am

<3
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 am

About Drew: It´s because of both - his personality and some kind of energy-thing.

So for all the Drew and Indigo lovers a qoute as well:

Spoiler:
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:18 am

You know what's really stupid? I'm like the non-ARC-winners right now, waiting for you to post something, b/c I don't have the book right now xDD

Are you going to write a review? Smile
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:24 am

Huhu Patricia!! Very Happy
I´m planning to send the ARC back next week, altough it´s really, really hard.

Yeah, I´m trying to write a review... Maybe post it tomorrow afternoon or on monday...

And after that, it takes its journey back home to you *so sad*
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:28 am

Ah, no, if you want to you can send it away the week after next week (what a sentence xD) or dunno.. So you can read it again once more. Or twice.. Very Happy I mean, I read it like 5-10 times already and don't mind to wait a few days longer Wink

Yay, I'd love to read your review! <3
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:35 am

I love you Patricia I love you Do you want to marry me?? We could live in our little Psy/Changeling- villa in Berlin and share the ARC all the time... Endless discussions and suggestions included...

Too bad I´m actually into guys, buuut "ein bisschen bi schadet nie" Very Happy
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah18 Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:13 am

Patrcia what are your feelings towards the X designation?
I expected something different and maybe because of my other imaginations I wasn´t that pleased with the "true" X...
Spoiler:
Hope my last sentence doesn´t give too much away Question
Sarah18
Sarah18

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRia Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:51 am

Thank you Sarah for those quotes and your last sentence is very interesting!!!!! Smile

MissRia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum