The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 18 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm reading Christine Feehan's leopard shifter book, Savage Nature. I haven't read any of the others in her Leopard series but it was highly recommended by a goodreads friend.

Am thinking about reading Jeaniene Frost's Vlad book, Once Burned, but there is no HEA at the end as it is a continuing 2 -3 book series so I may wait until the next one is out.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 18 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Elisabeth Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 pm

I just finished Nora Roberts, The next always, a Inn BoonsBoro book, first book of the trilogy
was a sweet, nice book, sometimes a little too overdone, but all in all a very nice book, which made me laugh and shake my head and, yeah, I´m going to read the second book soon
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Elisabeth, have you ever read Nora Roberts Circle Trilogy? It's from around 2005 or so. Paranormal with vampires, sorcerers, a bit of time travel to an extent thoug it's set in present day. Three books focus on three couples and a really good story arc. It makes me wish she would write more PNR.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, just finished Tracy Chevaliers "Girl with a pearl earring" obviously the book is based on the painting. It's pretty well written, without sex though and nothing supernatural but interesting anyway.
I guess I'm gonna try fifty shades later because I've got a TOOOOOON of books left for me to read.
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:55 am

Lulu2011 wrote:Elisabeth, have you ever read Nora Roberts Circle Trilogy? It's from around 2005 or so. Paranormal with vampires, sorcerers, a bit of time travel to an extent thoug it's set in present day. Three books focus on three couples and a really good story arc. It makes me wish she would write more PNR.

jupp, I love it, I read it in German and to be honest I only bought because of their Covers, there are Butterflies on the cover, so I bought them and fell in love with them I love you Very Happy
I should reread them some day soon Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Yes, the Circle Trilogy is definitely worth a re-read. Loved Cian and Hoyt so much!

I just finished Gena Showalter's latest LOTU spin-off, Wicked Nights, about the angel Zacharel and his crew of misfits that this new series is built around. I liked it OK. What was surprising was how it did tie back pretty well to the LOTU series (some nice cameo appearances from the Lords Paris, Lucien, Strider, etc.). What was odd was that as I was reading along, I kept thinking "hmm, there is something different about this book". I finally figured it out. There is not a single four-letter word in it! Seriously. And the sex isn't particularly graphic. It was kind of odd coming from Showalter lol!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:42 am

I read Once Burned and would recommend it. It doesn't have a Nighthuntress #1-ish ending, but a more hopeful one. Still, Vlad is one arrogant bitch. ;D

Also Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter. Liked that one well enough, but.. Well. Lulu2011 - I think it's because Showalter is now a convinced, active Christian? She wrote a lot about her religion last year or so, and is convinced that her sickness has been healed through praying and things like that. Too tired to talk more about that matter. XD

The first Inns Bonsboro novel by Nora Roberts.. Thought it pretty much sucked, actually. I don't know why, but it didn't "touch" me in the slightest.

I actually read lots of manga those last few weeks, because my internet was gone for some time, and I was on blogging hiatus. Mad Also read Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent, The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead and some other novels. There was nothing really awful there. Oh! And I read the first Kerrelyn Sparks novel. How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire. That was one good old-schooled vampire novel. The vampires were actually VAMPIRES! Yay!
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Patricia wrote:I read Once Burned and would recommend it. It doesn't have a Nighthuntress #1-ish ending, but a more hopeful one. Still, Vlad is one arrogant bitch. ;D

Also Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter. Liked that one well enough, but.. Well. Lulu2011 - I think it's because Showalter is now a convinced, active Christian? She wrote a lot about her religion last year or so, and is convinced that her sickness has been healed through praying and things like that. Too tired to talk more about that matter. XD
The first Inns Bonsboro novel by Nora Roberts.. Thought it pretty much sucked, actually. I don't know why, but it didn't "touch" me in the slightest.

I actually read lots of manga those last few weeks, because my internet was gone for some time, and I was on blogging hiatus. Mad Also read Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent, The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead and some other novels. There was nothing really awful there. Oh! And I read the first Kerrelyn Sparks novel. How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire. That was one good old-schooled vampire novel. The vampires were actually VAMPIRES! Yay!

That is really interesting. Didn't know that. I wonder if she'll tone down the rest of the LOTU series as well. I've never read any Kerreyln Sparks and probably should . . . I like vamps that act like vamps.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Ah. No. They don't. Well, the hero of the first book is all "I'm a demon. I have done unforgivable things. I should just die, but I'm already dead.." BUT he's an old-school vampire.

Edit: Despite the fact that I heavily disliked the romance in it, Pamela Palmer's new novel A Blood Seduction, had very vampire-like vampires. They were truly evil, but at the same time had the potential to be more than that. Their genetical make-up made them what they were, and most of them accepted that. Some were cruel because they liked it, but.. well, hard to explain. Maybe read it.

And yeah, the LOTU series.. Well, we'll see.

Last edited by Patricia on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:57 pm

OK, now I'm confused lol, but I'll add to to the list for down the road.

I'm presently reading Maya Banks latest KGI rom suspense (with a bit of supernatural stuff), Echoes of Dawn. Pretty good so far.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:36 pm

I think I own the third of that series. Or maybe the first? I'm not sure. Stole it from a friend..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Patricia wrote:Oh! And I read the first Kerrelyn Sparks novel. How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire. That was one good old-schooled vampire novel. The vampires were actually VAMPIRES! Yay!
I´ve got the whole series, I love it, though the books are always pretty much the same...but it´s always the, we get to know each other, we cant´t have each other, even though we love us, after many difficulties we can marry and everybody´s happy Very Happy
I love them and the idea of becoming human again or getting kids with a vamp, funny new something between all the other vamp novels I love you
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Now you totally spoiled me. XD
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 am

Sorry xD
I just love the books Very Happy
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Evil, evil, evil! ;D

Rereading Jeaniene Frost's first Night Huntress novel atm. When I read it for the first time it was in German and that read didn't work out for me, specially because they made Bones sound like an old guy who tried to be cool. It was really awful, though that was probably not the fault of the translation, but the fact that his English just couldn't be properly translated anyhow. Whatevs. Still think that there are infodump parts, but.. Good enough. Smile Like the part where she thinks something like "I didn't know what to say/I wanted to say "How can you think it's just about physical attraction. Don't you know your my best friend?"
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm about to start the first Stephanie Plum novel, because of a reading night/read together/read-a-thon (here)

Read lots of manga this week again. Realized that I'm a sick person. Why do I like dysfunctional relationships? (Not all of them. Actually very few. Only if the couples are aware of how unhealthy their relationship is.. Alas..)
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:12 pm

I just reread Shadow of the Vampire from Meagan Hatfield and I´ll start tonight with rereading Lisa Kleypas- Smooth Talking Stranger; I think I remember liking it Rolling Eyes Razz
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 am

I'm reading At Last by Jill Shalvis. So far it's amazing! Very Happy
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:54 am

I'm about to start the first Stephanie Plum novel

She is hilarious. And her Grandma is great. Like Sid`s from The Ice Age 4.

Last edited by Jelena on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:18 am

I'm drifting, can't seem to find anything to read right now in PNR. May try Patricia Brigg's latest Alpha/Omega book, Fair Game.

Patricia, I like the Night Huntress series but I'm not a rabid Frost fan. I haven't yet read Vlad's book because of no HEA. I think I am tired of her 1st person POV in all her books. I'd rather know what all the important characters are thinking and I'd really love a book or two from Bones' perspective. I tire of Cat at times.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Lulu, I would give the latest Alpha/Omega a go...I enjoyed it. I'm re-reading the Kate Daniels series, getting ready to start Magic Slays...should be ready for the release of Gunmetal Magic.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Rageane, thanks! I like Anna and Charles a lot. I'm also planning on reading Gunmetal Magic when it comes out.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 am

Didn't finish Stephanie Plum yet. Somehow not in the mood for Chick Lit-ish novels, it appears. Sad

BUT I finished Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong yesterday. Will reread all the parts I bookmarked today. Very Happy

And I'm really excited about Gunmetal Magic! I've just checked the UF/PNR releases here again and realized that there aren't that many (Adult) novels I've been looking forward to this month. Hmm..
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 am

Hey, what do you all know about 50 Shades of Gray?

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 18 Empty Fifty Shades. A pseudo-rant..

Post by Patricia Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:15 am

Read all three, though not completely. (Skipped some parts, so everything I say could be bullshit.) Not everything below is a spoiler, but I thought it's better to put everything in spoiler-tags so that people who still want to read the books can chose not to read specific parts:

The writing style:
Spoiler:

The plot:
Spoiler:

The romance:
Spoiler:

The characters:
Spoiler:

My problems:
Spoiler:

Most people's problem:
Spoiler:

I can't even, what?:
Spoiler:

A fellow bookblogger actually really liked the first book, and maybe I simply skipped the actual good parts, but.. seriously? Not my cuppa. I do think that it's okay to enjoy those books, especially if people don't take them too seriously, and are aware that relationships shouldn't be like that. I also think that as long as both Ana and Christian are happy the way they are, that's fine. My problem isn't that those books were written the way they were, but that they lack more prominent warnings about abusive and dysfunctional relationships. Sure, Ana and Christian got their happy ending, but if you really think about it, that was luck. So.. my issue is that there is such a big hype. The books aren't that good, and most readers aren't even aware of the many issues the characters really had. It's like with Twilight - If you KNOW what's wrong with Bella and Edward and still like them, that's fine. But if you don't, then that's the reason why I don't like the book. v_v

*makes childish pouty face and stops ranting*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next