The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

+25
Elisabeth
Lulu2011
TheFLuff
Bella171901
Sycorax
KTL
Grainne
BlueQueen
monadh
FashionSparkles
kitarad
catikins
Daliah
Sarah18
tabitha
devilsworld
Nicole
MissRia
Nina
Rageane
Schainize
Serena
Patricia
TracyTheOncer
twixter_tea
29 posters

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 23 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Elisabeth Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:31 pm

oh, Meljean Brook is good, if you liked her you could try Bec McMaster...somebody here mentioned her book Kiss of Steel and it´s really good, sweet and fun Smile
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read. - Page 23 Empty Re: Other Awesomely Awesome Books We've Read or Want to Read.

Post by Nina Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:11 pm

I will have to try that, it looks fun Smile

Nina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Rageane wrote:Nina,

Have you tried the Steampunk romance?  I would suggest the Iron Seas series from Meljean Brooks...they are fun and the world she builds is pretty cool too!

It's waiting on my shelf somewhere, but I doubt I'll be able to read it until school starts since we are going to move Yeeeeey!!
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Well as far as I'm now I've read Rapture by Jacquelyn Frank and the latest German translation of the Lord of the Underworld-series.
I read one of the previews ones as well, the first one with Maddox and Ashlyn and ... I didn't like it. It was sort of dull.
Same with the Jacquelyn Frank books. You sort of ... know the story and the characters. The only "new" thing with the series was ... the ... uh sexuality. I was amused and fascinated and a bit disturbed because it is really disturbing in some way how they're dealing with their sexuality. And then I was like: wait ... if they can't even lit a candle without burning to ashes ... how are they going to watch TV?!
The most fun thing was actually to think about what a ShadowDweller CAN'T do. Like ... i don't know, ANYTHING FUN!
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:18 am

Linda, I agree with both Jacquelyn Frank and the LotU series. It's like.. the characters don't have a sense of ego or agency. They're all the same, only some characteristics change. /sigh

And the Shadowdweller series, holy fuck. Like, sure, it's great to be sex-positive, but how cracky is it to think that an entire kingdom, after war and everything, would be like, "Hmm, so we could obviously do a lot of things about our problems.. Starting with a mandatory sex school!" I laughed my ass off.

MELJEAN BROOK IS A GODDESS. READ ALL OF THE MELJEAN BROOK. I love her SO much.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:48 am

I know! That's exactly what I thought! And did you read Adams book? Then you know what happens to Isabella and Jacob. And usually I'm always crying when stuff like that happens but there I was like ... mhh, okay, sad. But that's it. The characters are boring.
The sex thing is really ... creepy. Imagine sitting there, watching someone giving a guy head. For them it's probably like ... idk Algebra for us .. but ... urgh. It seems wrong. But it IS something new!
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:53 am

That's not even my main problem, I just found their priorities to be so unbelievably.. stupid. If you're an author and want to tell people that being sex-positive is a good thing, then four for you, but I'm not sure introducing a mandatory sex school is the way to go. /still cackling

Adam's book was incredibly disappointing and worldbuilding-wise also a shock. The timetravelling? Jesus Christ, if you do timetravelling, do it well or go home. /not cackling anymore
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Just finished Kate Daniels #6, Magic Rises.

Damn.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:39 am

Patricia wrote:Just finished Kate Daniels #6, Magic Rises.

Damn.

I'm 3/4 through it...and yes I'm right there with you!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 am

Let me know when you're through!
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:01 am

I just finished Fated by Rebecca Zanetti. This books is so good!
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Patricia wrote:Let me know when you're through!
I'm with you...DAMN is right!
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23