The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

+28
..::PCT::..
Alake
TracyTheOncer
Roxsan
Sandy87
TripleTeam
Elisabeth
kitarad
Yurice
TheFLuff
Rageane
ashleydevlin
Jane
CJ Krimont
Elaine
Sycorax
degdelta
Bella171901
Lulu2011
devilsworld
Sarah18
Nina
Patricia
Lady Jaye
losellers
Lisa Jo
Scotch
tabitha
32 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 30 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 9:39 am

There is so much going on in this book that it's gonna get an immediate re-read if not two re-reads. Riaz and Adria aren't getting lost in the book but there is lots and lots of other stuff going on that is all interesting and some of it is just down right delightful!

Spoiler:
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012 - Page 30 Empty Re: Tangle of Need: Riaz & Adria's Story- Coming June 2012

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 am

ferdy, so far, I can deal with the way Riaz feels about Lisette because he is really mourning the loss of the "possibility" of her and them as a couple. They never had a relationship. They never had sex. He doesn't really know her since she's married. He's been celibate for a long, long time. But he's mourning the loss of the life he hoped to have, kind of like Adria is mourning the death of her relationship with Martin and what it could have been.

But, like I said above, I think Nalini kind of knew this would be some readers reaction so she's giving us tons of other stuff (plus all the Hawke/Sienna goodies) and not making Riaz/Adria the only focus of the book. So far, it's working for me but I'm only 32% in (though I did read the last chapters on Riaz/Adria so I know how it ends up).
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 10:03 am

Lulu2011 wrote:ferdy, so far, I can deal with the way Riaz feels about Lisette because he is really mourning the loss of the "possibility" of her and them as a couple. They never had a relationship. They never had sex. He doesn't really know her since she's married. He's been celibate for a long, long time. But he's mourning the loss of the life he hoped to have, kind of like Adria is mourning the death of her relationship with Martin and what it could have been.

But, like I said above, I think Nalini kind of knew this would be some readers reaction so she's giving us tons of other stuff (plus all the Hawke/Sienna goodies) and not making Riaz/Adria the only focus of the book. So far, it's working for me but I'm only 32% in (though I did read the last chapters on Riaz/Adria so I know how it ends up).

I'm really glad that there are other story arcs going on other than Riaz/Adria..I'm loving Sienna/Hawke because I don't think we had enough of them in KoS, I also really like Kaleb's part.
Spoiler:

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue May 29, 2012 10:07 am

And now come parts which make me feel just pissed concerning the non-bond coupling...

Spoiler:

sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 10:31 am

What I want to know, and I haven't reached that part yet, is how Nalini is going to explain the mating rules, given what we know has already happened with Hawke. Hawke got another chance. Is this only because Rissa was a baby basically when she died and Hawke a child? Is the difference that and only that? I haven't reached any explanation so far but I'm still not that far into the book . . .
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 am

Sephora, I know right..it's pissing me off that Adria ends up with him..

Spoiler:

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 am

Lulu2011 wrote:What I want to know, and I haven't reached that part yet, is how Nalini is going to explain the mating rules, given what we know has already happened with Hawke. Hawke got another chance. Is this only because Rissa was a baby basically when she died and Hawke a child? Is the difference that and only that? I haven't reached any explanation so far but I'm still not that far into the book . . .

I skipped ahead and there's an explanation if sorts but I'm not satisfied with it..I think a lot of readers will be happy with it, but I'm quite paticular about what I like in a romance between a hero/heroine.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 am

OK, now I'm just plain confused. Read this quote:

Spoiler:

How do we reconcile this with what we have known about mating from the previous 10 books (making exception for Hawke having been too young to have chosen or recognized Rissa)???????? Seriously?????????
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 am

Lulu, I know it's too contradictory for my liking..in the previous books nothing and no one compared to the mate/mating bond..I liked it that way because it made confident in the HEA's and made me believe that there was NO-ONE else out there that could replace the hero/heroine who were mated/about to be mated..and now we get this and it just makes me think that all the couples are are interchangeble and depend on chance and circumstance..so what I previously thought was that Lucas/Sascha, Riley/Mercy, Clay/Tally etc were each other halves and no one else could give them the kind of happiness that they culd give each other..but now it seems that if circumstances were different they could have 1) met another potentail mate, had a mating bond and would be just as complete, and happy and just as in love..or 2)they could fallen in love with someone else and been too in love with that someone else to realise they met their mate..so they wouldn't ever feel the mating bond and never truly know what their missing out on and been happy with that someone else and felt that what they had was just as good as a mating bond..ugh I'm just not liking this whole mating bond thing..thankfully there's a lot of other stuff I do like in the book(s).

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue May 29, 2012 11:06 am

Lulu2011 wrote:OK, now I'm just plain confused. Read this quote:

Spoiler:

How do we reconcile this with what we have known about mating from the previous 10 books (making exception for Hawke having been too young to have chosen or recognized Rissa)???????? Seriously?????????

Exactly!

Spoiler:

@ferdy... WORD!

Either the mate bond is all-encompassing, all-important as the previous books have constantly told us, or it just isnt. There cant be a middle ground to this...

And cause I need cheering up, a cute lil Hawke-Sienna bit.. Thank God I have other stuff keeping me from pulling my hair out ...

Spoiler:
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 11:18 am

Exactly. I don't know how there can be a middle ground to this, wherein a changeling can find happiness that replaces the mate bond to the extent that he/she is just as happy as they would have been with the mate bond.

Again though, I still have a long way to go in the book and I'm gonna give it a full read through of absolutely every word to see if there is an explanation that makes sense in the context of Riaz and Adria's relationship.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

OK, so here is another mention (first was in KoS) of the "gifted senior tech" Mariska who is also shy and submissive and "who needs to get out more" lol. I'm thinking she's a future h down the road.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 11:43 am

At 50% and still not liking Adria/Riaz/Lisette/mating nonesense Sad
So far Riaz and Adria seems to based on lust/sex/mutual attraction..their connection doesn't seem special to me.. I think I'll be one of the few that are not going to be satisfied with Adria/Riaz - no matter how much he ends up loving Adria and even if he comes to terms with him and Lisette not being a possibility.. I'm disapponited in Adria/Riaz..I'm trying my best to be happy with them but I just can't..Adria will always feel like a subsitiute to me, I'll always feel that whatever he feels for Adria will pale in comaprison to the pain/feeling and emotion he felt beciause of Lisette, I'll always think that Riaz could have had something more special and stronger with Lisette if she had been available. And on top of that I now think that the mate/mating bond isn't the most precious and valued thing, and I'll also think that a relationship w/o the mate bond will never be as deep/special and initimate compared to a couple with a mate bond..I'm basically going around in circles regarding the mate/potential mate/mating bond issue.
Thankfully it's not all Adria/Riaz because I'm loving everything else.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

Well, in spite of the troubling parts of Riaz/Adria's relationship that I haven't yet found explanation for . . . . WOO HOO!!!!!!

Spoiler:

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 12:06 pm

This is so frustrating. We get stuff like this where it seems that Riaz and Adria SHOULD be each other's mates:

Spoiler:

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 12:40 pm

IKR..it's getting on my nerves

Spoiler:

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 pm

ferdy, I am with you on this. So far, it is not making sense but I'm hopeful it will as I get further into the book.

Nalini is an excellent writer who knows how important world building rules are and she's written 10 books so far basically adhering to those rules, so I'm expecting there will be an explanation and that it will make sense. I hope.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ..::PCT::.. Tue May 29, 2012 12:45 pm

allright, this thread is just... WTF? it's like you go crazy with a flamethrower in a huge warehouse with tons of firecrackers...

I thought about purchasing the book right away until i saw that only the hardcover is available right now. The softcover/pocketbok-version comes out 4th of December.. really? the f***? It's not like i'm that stingy with the money. I just prefer softcovers for such books..

So i just bought all the other books in english, since i all read them in the german transcription but really liked the original style in Kiss of Snow (which was the first i bought in english because i didn't wanted to wait for the german version ^^) Guess this keeps me busy for a while.. like.. 2 weeks? xD

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue May 29, 2012 12:55 pm

There is only One true mate. We have been told that from the beginning. So either Lisette shouldn't exist, or there should have been other misunderstanding with regards to Riaz's true mate is.

@ferdy... you are like my soul sister right now...Every post you make, is like I'm reading my own thoughts...
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:ferdy, I am with you on this. So far, it is not making sense but I'm hopeful it will as I get further into the book.

Nalini is an excellent writer who knows how important world building rules are and she's written 10 books so far basically adhering to those rules, so I'm expecting there will be an explanation and that it will make sense. I hope.

I've skimmed through the end..from what I've read the explanation doesn't make sense when you consider the previous books..but I'm hoping that when I read through it properly it'll start to make sense. Fingers crossed. (I kind of think I'll still be disappointed).

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 1:04 pm

I guess part of the explanation could be that there is choice involved. A changeling can choose to reject the mating bond. Probably doesn't happen often but it probably does happen. Mercy talked about that in BbF a bit. A situation where dominant females might not be able to accept being tied down by the mating bond.

Lisette is human so she wouldn't be aware of the mating bond's existence or even possibility. So perhaps, Riaz is going to fall in love with Adria (made possible because he doesn't know Lisette, not really, as they had no romantic relationship ever) and then make the choice to reject his mate and his feelings for her and work through that in order to make it to the other side and have Adria (?) Just speculating at this point about 50% into the book. I keep taking breaks to come up for air and think about things lol!

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 1:12 pm

sephora wrote:@ferdy... you are like my soul sister right now...Every post you make, is like I'm reading my own thoughts...

Sephora, that's really good to hear..I sometimes feel nervous posting my thoughts because I like my romances to be a certain way (I'm very particular - e.g as much as I like Sienna/Hawke I'm still not 100% about their relationship because of Rissa, even though they didn't bond I can't help but still see her as his true mate and Sienna just a substitute mate Crying or Very sad )..and I don't tend to change my mind when people try to make me see 'reason'.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Tue May 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:I guess part of the explanation could be that there is choice involved. A changeling can choose to reject the mating bond. Probably doesn't happen often but it probably does happen. Mercy talked about that in BbF a bit. A situation where dominant females might not be able to accept being tied down by the mating bond.

Lisette is human so she wouldn't be aware of the mating bond's existence or even possibility. So perhaps, Riaz is going to fall in love with Adria (made possible because he doesn't know Lisette, not really, as they had no romantic relationship ever) and then make the choice to reject his mate and his feelings for her and work through that in order to make it to the other side and have Adria (?) Just speculating at this point about 50% into the book. I keep taking breaks to come up for air and think about things lol!

Lol..me too.. I'm at 55%. I've been reading most of the day..I'm going to make dinner, regroup my thoughts and then come back and try and find out what the hell is going in with Riaz/Adria/mating/lisette nonesense.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Tue May 29, 2012 1:20 pm

ferdy wrote:
sephora wrote:@ferdy... you are like my soul sister right now...Every post you make, is like I'm reading my own thoughts...

Sephora, that's really good to hear..I sometimes feel nervous posting my thoughts because I like my romances to be a certain way (I'm very particular - e.g as much as I like Sienna/Hawke I'm still not 100% about their relationship because of Rissa, even though they didn't bond I can't help but still see her as his true mate and Sienna just a substitute mate Crying or Very sad )..and I don't tend to change my mind when people try to make me see 'reason'.

ferdy, I am very particular too, so no worries! I want the rules to be followed and have it make sense. I'm not trying to change your mind but I do believe fully in the Hawke/Sienna mating and not Sienna as substitute. For me, Rissa was the maternal mate Hawke would have had had there been no bloodshed, no betrayal within SD, no death of Hawke's father and mother, no premature death of Garreth. Hawke was an entirely different person because of all the death and loss and Sienna was the strong, poweful mate he needed for the man he became and the reality of the world SD lives in now. So it works for me!
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by sephora Tue May 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Im with lulu on the Hawke - Sienna mating, and ferdy is speaking my mind when it comes to Adria-Riaz..

Now stuff like this makes me crazy right here...

Spoiler:

and then you have this..

Spoiler:

This is heartbreaking..sheesh
sephora
sephora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next