The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is HUGE seculation that Kaleb is up next!!! Yesssssss!!!!!!!

+11
ferdy
Katherine
sephora
Lulu2011
Elisabeth
Patricia
TheFLuff
Jane
Elaine
tabitha
paranormalmama
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

There is HUGE seculation that Kaleb is up next!!! Yesssssss!!!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: There is HUGE seculation that Kaleb is up next!!! Yesssssss!!!!!!!

Post by Alliee Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:30 am

Okay, I'm convinced that they woman kaleb teleported to is Psy. The quote that leads me to this conclusion is "the puzzlement was the same responnse he'd received each and every time he'd asked after his personal quarry every since he'd first made contact with the twin neosentience. I was as if his target No longer existed in the Net, but Kaleb knew differently." page 17

So she did exist in the Net at some point!

Alliee

Back to top Go down

There is HUGE seculation that Kaleb is up next!!! Yesssssss!!!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: There is HUGE seculation that Kaleb is up next!!! Yesssssss!!!!!!!

Post by tabitha Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 pm

It could be that she's Shoshanna's pet F-Psy, it was hinted she had one.

However, In VoH Kaleb mentions Tatinna can strip peoples mnds of their shields..

We already know people can be imprisoned pyschically but still be in the net due to Dev & Katya's story where Ming had done a similar thing too Katya.

So Kaleb breaks in to this womens pyschic cell and uses her mind to port to her real life padded cell.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Ooooh. I always thought Tatianna can "walk through" those shields, not strip them away. Because everyone kept saying how you wouldn't even notice her in your mind or something like that.
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Nalini has a link to an interview that she did in which she is saying 2 - 3 more books in this original story arc. Here is the passage on how many are left:

How many books do you have planned for the Psy Changeling series? Do you know how it will end?
The series has always been flexible in terms of the number of books—I’ve always felt I’ll write as many as it takes to tell the story. Having said that, I feel we’ll reach the end of the original story arc within the next two or three books, and it will be a strong conclusion, one that I believe will satisfy readers who’ve been following the arc from the first book.

After that, I’d like to write some spinoff books featuring characters or aspects of the world we’ve only had a chance to see in passing. There’s just so much to explore!

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:38 pm

So 2 or 3 more books means Kaleb and Aden and Vasic as H's?????? Possibly, Aden or Vasic could be a secondary storyline in one of the books if there are only 2 left. Sad
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:26 pm

So it's deffo only 1 person..I'm glad Nalini cleared up the confusion at the end. I think the woman will be the heroine in the story..it'll definitely be interesting to have 2 psys as the hero and heroine.
If there's only 2 or 3 books than I'm also thinking it'll be Kaleb, Aden and Vasic as the heroes. I want really fun, lively heroines for Aden and Vasic like Kit's sister or someone like Jem..but I want Jem with Kenji.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:18 pm

The spinoff books could still deal with the present day Psy/Changeling world. They just wouldn't be part of the main arc.

I bet Alexi will get a book. One thing we haven't seen is how these sub-alphas/lieutenants run their respective territories.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:59 am

I would love Alexei to be the hero in the next book! I just can't wait to know more about him....
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by LastKnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:39 am

really love this book. I feel like this one is climbing the climax of the story arc.

btw, which part or chapter did Shoshanna hinted she has an F-Psy with her? I think i missed that part.
LastKnight
LastKnight

https://www.facebook.com/groups/238800212836626/

Back to top Go down

Post by cheebee Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:24 am

Anybody know the facts on Sahara NightSTAR? I just remember Che's the missing young cousin of Faith.

cheebee

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:51 am

I always thought we'd get lieutenants/sentinal's stories in the books.

So assuming Cooper & Grace & Gem & Kenji get novella's, then there are 3 lieutenants left, Alexei, Matthias & Tomas so that would be 3 books.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:16 am

That would be awesome. Since we got books of all the lieutenants from DarkRiver, it was fair if we got the same amount of books with the lieutenants from SnowDancer. Tomás I see him with Mariska. She is so shy, and he is so funny, he would be good to her Smile

Matthias, I would like to see him with Rina, or Lucy... someone we already know.... and Alexei... (I'm obsessed with Alexei these days Twisted Evil, don't really know why... ) I would like to see him with Alice....

I just wish that Nalini would say who is going to be the hero in the next book!
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Alliee Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:02 am

I really hope we get Kaleb's book next. I would love to see a Psy/Psy pairing.
As for Sahara, the only time I know that she has been mentioned directly was in VOH. Sascha asks Faith if there have been any strange disappearnaces in her family and Faith mentions that a cousin of her's, Sahara, went missing about 5 years ago. She was 16 at the time.
Faith speculates that Sahara could still be alive somewhere in the Net, caged and exploited for her ability. Towards the end of the book, Faith plans to use the money she makes forcasting to attempt to find Sahara and others who could have been victimized.

Alliee

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:37 am

Psy/Psy is a hard nut to crack for me, who shows the other passion? Unless his 'her' is already broken...I don't know about a psy/psy pairing...and despite what he is doing, Kaleb is silent enough to need a human or changeling to heat him up a bit...lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:39 am

Maybe Tatiana has an F spy prisoner, that is how she is always able to be so covert, and avoid direct detection, lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:53 am

paranormalmama wrote:Maybe Tatiana has an F spy prisoner, that is how she is always able to be so covert, and avoid direct detection, lol

And maybe that F-psy prisoner has a variation of the talent that prevents Tatiana from being seen by other Foreseers.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Sahara is mentioned twice in the series both times in VoH.

Henry mentions that Shoshanna might have a pet F-psy.
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:21 pm

I would love some Psy/Psy action. Would be too good. I'm kinda Psy-ish when it comes to certain things and I feel attracted to Psy-ish people, most of the times, too. And most of the times it goes somewhat like that..

*Something happens that starts the conversation because otherwise there is no need to talk. Let's say.. this time there is a zombie killing little kittens.*

Me: 5 bucks that he eats the red one first.
(S)He: I'm in.
(3 minutes later)
Me: You owe me 5 bucks.
(S)He: I really thought he would eat the white one first. It's so much easier to make out, as is the black one. *hands over the 5 bucks*
Me: *gets up* Have a good day. Ooh. Watch out, there is blood on the floor.
(S)He: Thanks. You too.

That's it.

I mean, look at all the great possibilities. (S)He coulda said something like.. "Lets drink a coffee together, that costs 5 bucks, too." Or we could have saved the kittens and then bonded over that experience, but nope. We just watched them getting slaughtered and then I almost slipped on all the blood, and went out. (The zombie only is interested in eating kittens because his master is allergic to them.)

Poor Nalini.

We ask for something that is near impossible here.
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Patricia wrote:
Me: 5 bucks that he eats the red one first.
(S)He: I'm in.
(3 minutes later)
Me: You owe me 5 bucks.
(S)He: I really thought he would eat the white one first. It's so much easier to make out, as is the black one. *hands over the 5 bucks*
Me: *gets up* Have a good day. Ooh. Watch out, there is blood on the floor.
(S)He: Thanks. You too.

That's it.

I mean, look at all the great possibilities. (S)He coulda said something like.. "Lets drink a coffee together, that costs 5 bucks, too." Or we could have saved the kittens and then bonded over that experience, but nope. We just watched them getting slaughtered and then I almost slipped on all the blood, and went out. (The zombie only is interested in eating kittens because his master is allergic to them.)

Poor Nalini.

We ask for something that is near impossible here.

Meanwhile those poor kitties are like....

There is HUGE seculation that Kaleb is up next!!! Yesssssss!!!!!!! - Page 4 Go-save-yourself-from-the-zombies

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You make an excellent point though. Psy-on-Psy romance is going to be kinda tough when both parties are Silent as Hell. Granted there are plenty of examples of Psy showing what might be called compassion (i.e. the Psy who saved lives during the battle against Purity) but I think most of them would refer to the event as a "there was minimal risk to me and no reason for you to die" type of thing.

Last edited by Katherine on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bringing the post back on topic.)
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:10 am

For a Psy on Psy romance we could have Anthony & Nikita Or Aden & Keisha Bale Very Happy

I wonder if Amara will get a book as one of the tech's she works with likes her Very Happy
tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:54 am

tabitha wrote:For a Psy on Psy romance we could have Anthony & Nikita Or Aden & Keisha Bale Very Happy

I like the idea of Nikita and Anthony formally together. Good genes there.

Who is Keisha?

I wonder if Amara will get a book as one of the tech's she works with likes her Very Happy

I think Nalini has pretty much nixed that idea for now. I think she included the bit about the tech to illustrate just how far Amara has to go before she will be ready for her own story.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisabeth Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:44 am

hmm, never thought about that, but I actually would like to have Amara her own story, would be very interesting to see, how she would cope with a partner besides her Sister Rolling Eyes
Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:46 am

I think a Psy Psy story would be excellent, but those poor two would have to be broken, or at least one of them. There has to be an imbalance, I suppose. If one Psy was broken and not Silent anymore, and if that situation would trigger some sort of compassion.. If the other Psy was already someone who wasn't really Silent, who felt loyal towards the other one.. Maybe then. But Nalini is an excellent writer. I think she can make something more reasonable happen. ;D

Also, Katherine.. That kitty-picture had me rofling so bad, my sister came in and asked what was wrong. Then said "Aw, what a cute kitten! Too bad you are allergic to them." (*cough* The zombie only is interested in eating kittens because his master is allergic to them. *cough*)

I hope we'll get more of Amara, too, but in the way that, so far, we got more of the Ghost or Kaleb. As a sidestory.. maybe the anticipation would be higher then, too. Like.. if there was some tragedy and drama and we get two different people, her and some male, getting like 2 scenes written in their pov each book and we're all just rooting for them. Very Happy

I do like how.. obnoxious she is to the tech. I mean, he's just being nice, but I love those people who genuinly have no idea why someone would be nice to them or talk to them or something. *makes creepy voice* They are so very easy to break... *laughs in such a creepy manner that pidgeons fly away from Germany to rescue themselves, rats flee to Poland, and little children all over the world vomit and cry*

Anthony and Nikita would rock, though.. Faith and Sascha's children would be sort of related without being related. That would suck. What if they fall in love and are always like.. *urgh, how to tell our grandparents?*
Patricia
Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alliee Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:10 am

I agree that in the case of a Psy/Psy relationship, one of them would have to be broken or have already lost their conditioning. That is what I think has happened to Kaleb's girl.

Alliee

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:26 am

I don't know about an Amara book...I don't even know about an Amara back story...I think she serves her place in the series well, simply as a peripheral character that has a scene here or there but just for the forward motion of the book...

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next