The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So who is the Ghost?

+21
epog
kitarad
Mini Whitey
degdelta
OrchidKindofGirl
Maharet
arne
sephora
Alliee
alwalters625
Jane
TheFLuff
Patricia
paranormalmama
Elaine
ferdy
tabitha
Tabitha (the other one)
Lulu2011
Rageane
Katherine
25 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

So who is the Ghost? - Page 2 Empty Re: So who is the Ghost?

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:17 pm

I spent hours looking up what I did. I would be bummed if someone could prove me wrong right away. A week from now won't hurt as much.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm

LOL! I understand.

Whichever way it goes, Vasic or Kaleb, I'll be fine with it even if a minor clue is inconsistent with who it ends up being. I have a feeling Nalini though has been very careful with her clues so it's likely that it will all make sense in the end.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 pm

I agree. I had tunnel vision for a while thinking it was Kaleb. So everytime there was a clue or conversation, I just assumed...Kaleb...no matter what was written. It was interesting to go back and look at the information through a different lens.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Looking at this thread..I think I'm more or less convinced now that the Ghost is Vasic.. seeing other readers theories on the Ghost has made made me look at things in a different way.

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 pm

My sense is that the Ghost is Kaleb. This is based on the vision of the Psynet that the Netmind showed Faith in Branded by Fire, as a globe with cracks on its shield:

"The most isolated one, the newest . . . no, this was the very first, but it was hidden, hidden deep. And it was male, powerful, so very powerful. When this ghost . . . “Oh,” she whispered, realizing who it was she touched. “The Ghost.”"

and on the revelation in Tangle of Need of how powerful Kaleb's telepathy is, so strong that both Aden and Vasic are convinced he is a double cardinal.

And given the way Kaleb is able to mine information floating in the Psynet, he should have been able long ago to find out who the Ghost is (if it's not he himself).
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:48 am

But we also know there is something 'broken' in Vasic and that Aden has been using his telepathic skills to help/protect him in some way.

Both the Ghost and Vasic think they are beyond redemption.

tabitha
tabitha

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:51 am

I agree that the Ghost is powerful and so is Kaleb, but there is substantial clues to exclude Kaleb as the Ghost. ToN just touched on the fact Vasic's abilities aren't limited teleporting. He must have some powerful martial ability otherwise he wouldn't be an Arrow. His power is still in question as is the Ghost's, other than he can most likely teleport too.

So far, we've been given quite a bit on info on Kaleb. I think his personality is pretty clear. The Ghost and Vasic, to me, are blank slates, but what we do know about them are too similar to be ignored.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:13 am

Tabitha (the other one) wrote:Any idea on Vasic's age. If he is early to mid-twenties, the time-line still works. That would make him a few years younger than Judd, which would explain why Judd is only familiar with him and didn't identify as the Ghost speaking from the shadows.

Sienna was a child/juvenile when the Laurens went to the den...she was a child and treated as such until she became an adult...15 years olds are considered juveniles in Nalini's Psy/Changeling world and even as a 15 y/o the quote fits...

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:16 am

Oh and I think Vasic is late twenties, early thirties at a stretch-but younger than Judd. I think this because I believe he is younger than Judd (Walker's teachings helped child arrows like him & Aden) and I also think he is around Annie's age (from the novella, I think Vasic saved her as a child TK) and around the time of her and Zach's novella Annie was 28...

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:17 am

Oh and Tabitha, you are awe-some with that research!!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:19 am

paranormalmama wrote:Oh and Tabitha, you are awe-some with that research!!

Thanks, I'm dork about making informed decisions. These conversations are great when you can make your point with a quote.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:23 am

Tabitha (the other one) wrote:
paranormalmama wrote:Oh and Tabitha, you are awe-some with that research!!

Thanks, I'm dork about making informed decisions. These conversations are great when you can make your point with a quote.

LOL, you should see, me...after each quote I got more excited, like.."yeah...yeah....YEAH!!!!!" LOL

I think he is the Ghost too...and he told Hawke and it was someone Hawke was at least familiar with, when he asked Judd about trusting the Ghost...

Plus the Ghost/Vasic both have that tortured lonely thing going on...and Kaleb, port to a desolate desert- not likely, it would dusty up his expensive suit...lol

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paranormalmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:24 am

I'll also say that I am excited at the idea of Vasic as the Ghost- but that also means he will be last in this arc...I don't want to wait what 2 three more years for his story! I wish these books came out twice a year like some other paranormal series!

paranormalmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:39 am

paranormalmama wrote:I'll also say that I am excited at the idea of Vasic as the Ghost- but that also means he will be last in this arc...I don't want to wait what 2 three more years for his story! I wish these books came out twice a year like some other paranormal series!

I like Guild Hunters, but honestly I could do without it if it meant we could get to P-C books a year.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:00 am

The thing is that Vasic does not kill himself because of reasons. I think .. when you are suicidal and you know there is one thing you still have to do.. you WILL think like the Ghost does. You will also think like Vasic does.. I think you'll be both of them. You so much desire to just sleep and get over with it that whatever stands in your way won't be standing for much longer. Actually Vasic's suicidal thoughts make me think much more that he is the Ghost, but I suppose that's just me being biased. Very Happy

Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:07 am

I've read some posts where people think because Vasic is suicidal he can't be the Ghost. I remind people first, he was speaking in confidence to his best friend. Vasic, by all appearances, is Silent. Second, I completely agree that Vasic and the Ghost have the same priorities...saving the Psy and PsyNet. Kaleb's priorities are finding his missing Psy and the accumulation of power. I think he wants to save the Net, but only so he can control it.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:16 am

paranormalmama wrote:Oh and I think Vasic is late twenties, early thirties at a stretch-but younger than Judd. I think this because I believe he is younger than Judd (Walker's teachings helped child arrows like him & Aden) and I also think he is around Annie's age (from the novella, I think Vasic saved her as a child TK) and around the time of her and Zach's novella Annie was 28...

Vasic can't be the one to have saved Annie, the child Tk involved was a cardinal. Vasic has gray eyes, so he's not a cardinal. I also believe it might be Kaleb who saved Annie.

Last edited by Elaine on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:20 am

Tabitha (the other one) wrote:
paranormalmama wrote:I'll also say that I am excited at the idea of Vasic as the Ghost- but that also means he will be last in this arc...I don't want to wait what 2 three more years for his story! I wish these books came out twice a year like some other paranormal series!

I like Guild Hunters, but honestly I could do without it if it meant we could get to P-C books a year.

I like the Guild Hunter series too but I'd much prefer two Psy-Changeling books a year as well, especially until the main story arc is completed. I miss the old days when they would come out every 6 - 9 months or so. 1 year is tough to wait. At least the good news is that we'll get the two new novellas next March. That helps a bit. However, if she sticks to the same pattern, she'll switch back to new novellas for the Guild Hunter series for the following year so there may only be 1 Psy-Changeling book out in 2014. Sad
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:38 am

paranormalmama wrote:Oh and I think Vasic is late twenties, early thirties at a stretch-but younger than Judd. I think this because I believe he is younger than Judd (Walker's teachings helped child arrows like him & Aden) and I also think he is around Annie's age (from the novella, I think Vasic saved her as a child TK) and around the time of her and Zach's novella Annie was 28...

Wasn't Judd 28 in CbI or around there? Judd may be 30 or 31 in ToN, but not any older. I've noticed Nalini likes her characters on the younger side. I think of Psy as older because they are so unaffected, but that is Silence, not a great basis to guess an age. In ToN, Sienna could have easily passed for someone 10yrs older than her 19 or 20 years.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 am

So The Fluff is at the Love Letter Convention in Berlin as I type this, getting ready for Nalini's book signing!!! If Nalini does a q & a later today or tomorrow, we might get some more info on the Ghost and future releases!!!

I wonder if she'll announce what the next book will be about at this convention?
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 am

Lulu2011 wrote:So The Fluff is at the Love Letter Convention in Berlin as I type this, getting ready for Nalini's book signing!!! If Nalini does a q & a later today or tomorrow, we might get some more info on the Ghost and future releases!!!

I wonder if she'll announce what the next book will be about at this convention?

I doubt she would do that prior to the European release, especially being in Europe.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:08 am

Likely she'll tease a bit about it. But if she's in Germany doing a signing, then the book has been released. JR Ward announces her next book at her first signing for her new release but that may just be her.

Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabitha (the other one) Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:12 am

Nalini's blog says Euro release date in June 7th and I remember some GR members saying the same thing.

Tabitha (the other one)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 am

Judd is 27. He was 26 in CbI and Vasic and Aden are around he his age

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 am

Tabitha (the other one) wrote:Nalini's blog says Euro release date in June 7th and I remember some GR members saying the same thing.

I think some people have their copies. Fluff got two signed copies at the signing today she just posted.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next