The UNOFFICIAL Nalini Singh Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So who is the Ghost?

+21
epog
kitarad
Mini Whitey
degdelta
OrchidKindofGirl
Maharet
arne
sephora
Alliee
alwalters625
Jane
TheFLuff
Patricia
paranormalmama
Elaine
ferdy
tabitha
Tabitha (the other one)
Lulu2011
Rageane
Katherine
25 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

So who is the Ghost? - Page 5 Empty Re: So who is the Ghost?

Post by Lulu2011 Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Nalini has posted links to 4 interviews on her blog. There are some interesting things, one of which is that she's always known who the Ghost is so the hints are sprinkled here and there from early on in the series. Here are the links to the interviews:

http://thebookpushers.com/2012/06/04/interview-with-nalini-singh-3/

http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=8333

http://www.romancebooksforum.com/1936/interview-with-nalini-singh

http://galaxybooks.blogspot.de/2012/06/up-close-with-nalini-singh.html#!/2012/06/up-close-with-nalini-singh.html
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 pm

i'd just like to add another piece of the Vasic puzzle - it is mentioned that his hair is now longer than the regulation Arrow cut. maybe nothing, but it indicates to me that he is possibly going off the grid.

and another thing - someone the possibility of the Ghost being Marshall. But he's dead, you'd say. But is he? Now that we know the Arrows have been faking deaths for years, i'm willing to contemplate the possibility.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:35 am

degdelta wrote:i'd just like to add another piece of the Vasic puzzle - it is mentioned that his hair is now longer than the regulation Arrow cut. maybe nothing, but it indicates to me that he is possibly going off the grid.

and another thing - someone the possibility of the Ghost being Marshall. But he's dead, you'd say. But is he? Now that we know the Arrows have been faking deaths for years, i'm willing to contemplate the possibility.

That would be a good theory except Nalini deliberately included a bit where the Ghost went out to eat in order to have an alibi when Marshall was killed.
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Whitey Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:59 am

Lulu I also thought a while ago that Marshall may be the ghost but dismissed it as a crazy idea, but now i'm like hmmm what if it is... and as Degdelta said he could have faked his death.
I was set on Kaleb being the ghost as they are both so silent but i'm now swaying to Vasic however Vasic doesn't seem as embellished in silence as the ghost. Wasn't there a quote saying somewhere if the ghosts silence broke the net would crumble, where as Vasic doesn't trust him self in the schools as he may kill if he sees a teacher harming a child? which seems like emotional reaction, but the quotes may be wrong so argh i need the next book or i'm going to go nuts speculating!
Mini Whitey
Mini Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by degdelta Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:40 pm

[\quote]That would be a good theory except Nalini deliberately included a bit where the Ghost went out to eat in order to have an alibi when Marshall was killed.[/quote]

oh, yeah. well that possibly puts paid to that. but i maintain that Nalini is fiendish. we'll just have to wait and see.

degdelta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lulu2011 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Yes, so that probably rules out Marshall faking his death.
Lulu2011
Lulu2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:18 pm

and wasn't Marshall 60+ when he died?

Plus both Nikita and Shoshanna verified that he was really the one killed...
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Whitey Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:59 am

Yes i think your right there and Nalini is definitely fiendish ... why does she love to torment us? lol
Mini Whitey
Mini Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Lulu2011 wrote:Nalini has posted links to 4 interviews on her blog. There are some interesting things, one of which is that she's always known who the Ghost is so the hints are sprinkled here and there from early on in the series. Here are the links to the interviews:

http://thebookpushers.com/2012/06/04/interview-with-nalini-singh-3/

http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=8333

http://www.romancebooksforum.com/1936/interview-with-nalini-singh

http://galaxybooks.blogspot.de/2012/06/up-close-with-nalini-singh.html#!/2012/06/up-close-with-nalini-singh.html

Oh God, we're going to have to wait a YEAR until the next installment. NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!
Katherine
Katherine
Admin

https://nalini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:14 am

Like what Alliee posted in the thread About that Woman: what do we actually know about the Ghost?, as clearly stated in the stories or interviews?

From the earlier stories (Caressed by Ice, I think) it is confirmed that he is part of the Council's superstructure, and per Ming, only 100 of the Council staff know the new location of the Implant Lab.

From Visions of Heat, we know that:
1. the NetMind is aware of him,
2. the netMind showed Faith that the Ghost was the very first crack in shield of the PsyNet,
3. the Ghost is very, very powerful and
4. his breaking Silence will shatter the shield of the PsyNet

In Kiss of Snow, the Ghost said he was sane, but that sanity is a question of interpretation.

There's more, but I've used up my computer time.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:20 am

I do not think it is Vasic because Judd knows Vasic how could he not recognise the ghost then.
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 pm

He does recognize him

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:07 pm

TheFluff - I think what kitarad is referring to is the time when Judd wasn't sure about the Ghost's identity. Despite that, even then Vasic would have been able to change his voice and appearance and stuff. Plus, the same would go for Kaleb. Which living Psy doesn't know what Kaleb looks and sounds like?
Patricia
Patricia

http://bookexhibitionism.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kitarad Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 am

Yes Pat that was what I meant.
kitarad
kitarad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alliee Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

We also know that he has the ability to teleport.

Alliee

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 am

and to so continue about what I got about the Ghost from the different books:

In Mine to Possess, the Ghost
1. is determined to oust the Psy Council from power
2. free his people from a Silence that was false
3. killed in the name of that freedom
4. would do so many more times before this was all over
5. is an expert at finding classified information

In Hostage to Pleasure, he has no direct appearance, but is mentioned as having a way of unearthing secrets.

In Branded by Fire, the Ghost
1. was so notorious he’d started to become known outside the Net
2. had assassinated a Councilor.
3. knew how to wait, how to listen, how to learn
4. was well versed in how to start rumors that spread like wildfire
5. has ability that could be incredibly destructive.
6. knew what it was to grow up inside a cage—a cage so tight, so restrictive that he’d almost forgotten how to breathe
7. stood in a desolate location no one would ever trace to his real identity while calling Judd
8. has never been concerned with destroying Silence itself
9. wanted to cut out the rot, excise the sickness that threatened to destroy his people all over again ... while their Council watched, complicit in their deaths

In Blaze of Memory, the Ghost
1. is the rebel who was both ruthless and—in his own way—utterly loyal
2. Would not bend when it came to protecting the Net
3. has a first loyalty that is unknown to his conspirators, it is not just the simple need to put the Net into better hands. Something far more personal drove the him.

In Play of Passion, the Ghost
1. is known to be powerful, connected to, and loyal to, the PsyNet. But the growing darkness in that very Net seemed to be in danger of corroding what remained of the other man’s soul.
2. was delayed by unexpected guest for meeting with Judd and Xavier. Judd has inkling about the nature of the Ghost’s “other matters”—and if he was right, then the most dangerous rebel in the Net was about to become even more lethal.
3. is planning to kill all Psy Councilors if necessary, as there will be no war if there is no Council. This will also leave the Net in the Ghost's grasp.
4. may never have been truly sane, per Judd, as no one with that much power could be.
5. had always been logical.
6. agreed to consider the one person he did not want to die for each decision he will make regarding the Council.

In Kiss of Snow, the Ghost's eyes are said to hold nothing of humanity. One of very few rare individuals who know that a backup of the PsyNet exists, and still of the lesser number who knew how to access it.

In Tangle of Need, the Ghost

1. identified Sienna Lauren and noted how her hair has darkened, but that her height remained much as it had been at fifteen.
2. identified Kenji by his full name.
3. said “It’s time, Judd.” in their last meeting.
4. is called away by something urgent. Did not wait for Xavier to come.

Judd now ponders that if the Ghost proves too unstable—willing to extinguish the Net in a rippling wave of endless death—“will I have the strength to execute a man who is a mirror of who I might’ve been in another life?”

======

And I am sure I have missed lots of stuff. I tried to avoid suspicions voiced by other characters about the Ghost, except for the NetMind's revelation to Faith and Judd's thoughts, as Judd seems the character who knows the Ghost the best.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by epog Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:32 am

the ghost is not Aden, Vasic or Kaleb
the ghost is mentioned in every book
the arrows and the start of silence is mentioned in every book
the ghost is a well know arrow from the past
who is the the image of silence?
those that are said to be dead are not always
Look who lives, Alice, the Laurens the arrows that dropped from the net
Why does Alice know an arrow by sight? How did the ghost know to find her
Why does Alice say not Zaird, as if he would some how have redeming qualities
Why does Nalini gives us all of these things now?
the ghost wants what is best for the PSY and the Council is not, therefore he is not a part of the council
The ghost has destructive powers and can teleport
What were the powers of the founding fathers of silence?

epog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:49 am

Zaid is dead Sad
Sadly.

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by arne Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 am

In Kiss of Snow it´s said that Kalebs abilities are so far off the scale that the Gradient is meaningless. I think in case that he`ll break his silence there`ll be huge crack. In Kiss of Snow in chapter 22 the Ghost is searching for Alice it´s said that the Ghost is gliding through the slipstream in lethal silence, filtering data with a speed and specificity that was almost preternatural. I think the Ghost needs for this activity powerful telepathic abilities and Vasic did not have them. And then there`s the thing with the Obsidian archive which is created by the NetMind. I personally think Kaleb with his intuitive bond with the NetMind is more able to find and search the Obsidian archiv than Vasic.

arne

Back to top Go down

Post by OrchidKindofGirl Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Ok. Let's start narrowing this down. One thing that is fact about the Ghost is that they are transport able. Numerous times in scenes there they meet in the Church it is written that he just "poofs" in... there was even a scene in ToN where it is described in that sense...

Those who have the ability are that I know of, who are contenders as the Ghost: Kaleb, Vasic

Do we know what Anthony Kyriakus' main ability is? I know he is high-gradient...
OrchidKindofGirl
OrchidKindofGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFLuff Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:52 am

Telepathy

TheFLuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm

The remaining live teleport capable male Tks in the books are very few. Aside from Judd (Gradient 9.9 Tk-Psy, 9.4 Tp), Kaleb (double cardinal Tk and Tp) and Vasic (unknown gradient Tk and just below 6 Tp), the others are either Ming's soldiers or Pure Psy members.

other named Tks are Abbott in Kiss of Snow (Psy Arrow, 9.1 Tk on the gradient); and Ryan Asquith in Bonds of Justice (Nikita's intern).

Of course, the unidentified cardinal Tk boy in Stroke of Enticement may have grown up to be the Ghost. Very Happy (he probably, most likely did).

And we have to remember that the Ghost's skill and affinity in mining the data of the PsyNet indicates he also has very strong Tp.
Elaine
Elaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella171901 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:04 pm

I think the ghost may be even Shoshanna or Henry. In case that's gonna happen and one of them would be a doupble-agent, it would remind me of Snape.
*Sniff sniff*
But it could be even that dude who stopped the wars betwen the Changelings, Aaron, Adam, Adrien ....?
Bella171901
Bella171901

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdy Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 pm

[quote="Bella171901"]I think the ghost may be even Shoshanna or Henry. In case that's gonna happen and one of them would be a doupble-agent, it would remind me of Snape.
*Sniff sniff*
But it could be even that dude who stopped the wars betwen the Changelings, Aaron, Adam, Adrien ....?[/quote

Shoshanna - I thought the Ghost was a man?
I think the Ghost is an Arrow or former Arrow because doesn't Judd say he could have easily ended up like him??

ferdy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rageane Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:28 am

Bella171901 wrote:I think the ghost may be even Shoshanna or Henry. In case that's gonna happen and one of them would be a doupble-agent, it would remind me of Snape.
*Sniff sniff*
But it could be even that dude who stopped the wars betwen the Changelings, Aaron, Adam, Adrien ....?

Bella, the ghost is a male...and Henry is dead as of ToN so it's not him.
Rageane
Rageane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next